Read, Reading, Planning to Read and More discussion

Bargain Books & Price Drops

Comments Showing 1-50 of 185 (185 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Diane (last edited Oct 03, 2017 04:38PM) (new)

Diane | 64 comments I am really just playing around......trying to see if we can add a thread for letting everyone know about price drops.
Andysmom

PS - Looks like it worked! Maybe we should add one for the Reading Challenge as well?

message 2: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Meeks (dougmeeks) | 1526 comments Mod
Glad to see it works :)

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Berlingieri | 180 comments Me too! Glad it works!!

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessacoutu) | 1103 comments Never After Dark: The Boxed Set is a 4 book set and is $.99 on Amazon.

Found on Book Bub 10/06/17

message 5: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessacoutu) | 1103 comments Oops I forgot another book, Shadow and Bone is $2.99 today.

message 6: by LAB☺ (new)

LAB☺ | 662 comments Don't know if its good or not - was on my wishlist. Don't even remember why I added it - someone must have mentioned on one of the forums at some point...

Nightfall Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1) by Ellen Connor
Nightfall (A Dark Age Dawning Novel Book 1)
by Ellen Connor (Kindle Edition)
4.0 out of 5 stars(51)
$2.99$2.99
Price dropped 62%(was $7.99 when added to List)

message 7: by LAB☺ (new)

LAB☺ | 662 comments Furies of Calderon Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera, #1) by Jim Butcher Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera Book 1)
by Jim Butcher (Kindle Edition)
4.4 out of 5 stars(662)
$2.99$2.99
Price dropped 47%(was $5.74 when added to List)
Auto-delivered wirelessly.Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC.

message 8: by LAB☺ (new)

LAB☺ | 662 comments Prince of Thorns Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence
Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire Book 1)
by Mark Lawrence (Kindle Edition)
4.1 out of 5 stars(1,141)
$2.99$2.99
Price dropped 62%(was $7.99 when added to List)
Auto-delivered wirelessly.Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC.

message 9: by LAB☺ (new)

LAB☺ | 662 comments Fool's Gold Fool's Gold (The Dragon Lords #1) by Jon Hollins

The Dragon Lords: Fool's Gold
by Jon Hollins (Kindle Edition)
3.4 out of 5 stars(25)
$2.99$2.99
Price dropped 70%(was $9.99 when added to List)
Auto-delivered wirelessly.Offered by Hachette Book Group.

message 10: by LAB☺ (new)

LAB☺ | 662 comments Silent in the Grave Silent in the Grave (Lady Julia Grey, #1) by Deanna Raybourn

Silent in the Grave (A Lady Julia Grey Mystery)
by Deanna Raybourn (Kindle Edition)
4.2 out of 5 stars(346)
$1.99$1.99
Price dropped 60%(was $4.99 when added to List)
Auto-delivered wirelessly.Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp..

message 11: by LAB☺ (new)

LAB☺ | 662 comments Ransom Canyon Ransom Canyon (Ransom Canyon, #1) by Jodi Thomas

Ransom Canyon: A Western Romance
by Jodi Thomas (Kindle Edition)
4.6 out of 5 stars(138)
$1.99$1.99
Price dropped 66%(was $5.99 when added to List)
Auto-delivered wirelessly.Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp..

message 13: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Oct 06, 2017 12:42PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments Wild Blood (Cyborg Shifters, #1) by Naomi Lucas Currently free, and a pretty good read: Wild Blood

I liked this book enough to want to read the rest of the series. Unusual heroes. (figured out how to add image)

Book of Shadows by P.J. Fox by PJ Fox, who has written some good horror romance if there is such a genre. Also free.

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments This book apparently includes all 4 books of the series The Beasts of Baseball for 99 cents. By Alice Ward.

Winning Streak (The Beasts of Baseball #4) by Alice Ward

Winning Streak

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments Ruckus

This book is currently on sale for 1.20.

Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2) by L.J. Shen

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments Ah, sorry, I just realized this is probably the Paranormal romance thread, and I've been posting contemporary. .

message 17: by Diane (new)

Diane | 64 comments HappyBookWorm2020 wrote: "Ah, sorry, I just realized this is probably the Paranormal romance thread, and I've been posting contemporary. ."

I think you can post whatever type of book you want. I don't think any of us read just one genre.

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments Not romance but a price drop for one of my personal favorites by Robert Heinlein. I loved it as a teen and hated throwing out my paperback copy in my 30's but the pages were literally falling out.

Time for the Stars

Time for the Stars by Robert A. Heinlein

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments I've read this one and liked it. Free.

Blood Will Tell (The Gaian Consortium, #2) by Christine Pope Blood Will Tell

message 20: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessacoutu) | 1103 comments HappyBookWorm... I'm glad that you posted all genres here. I read historicals as well as UF, PNR, and Fantasy. I appreciate all tips. Thanks!

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments Vanessa wrote: "HappyBookWorm... I'm glad that you posted all genres here. I read historicals as well as UF, PNR, and Fantasy. I appreciate all tips. Thanks!"

Hi, Vanessa! In that case I'll post whatever until I hear differently. I miss the book recommendations and hope that kind of thing comes back as more people use the site and get comfortable with it

In that vein: I read Angelique and the Pursuit of Destiny last night. It is 35 pages only and 99 cents to buy, but I enjoyed it very much. I highly recommend the author for lovers of historical romance. Her full length books are on KU.

My favorite of hers so far is Clarissa and the Poor Relations, a full length book, 2.99, also on KU.

message 22: by Karen ⚜Mess⚜ (new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ LAB☺ wrote: "FREE

Darkness Awakened Darkness Awakened (Darkness, #1) by Katie Reus"

YAY!! Been wanting to read this series

message 23: by FangFan (new)

FangFan (fangfan1) | 37 comments One of the Kindle daily deals for today is The Dark Net by Benjamin Percy - $1.99.

I had this book on my wish list, so when I got my morning kindle daily deal email from Amazon, this was one of the books listed for today, so I grabbed it. The odd, but pleasantly surprising thing is that a little while later I got an email from Amazon informing me that an item on my wish list (Dark Net) had a price drop.

This is the first time I have EVER gotten an email from Amazon informing me about a price drop on an item on my wish list. I'm not sure what to think about it. It's a nice, but rather puzzling surprise. Has anyone else here gotten a similar email from Amazon?

message 24: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessacoutu) | 1103 comments I've recently had an Amazon update that a book on my wish list had dropped in price. I think that was the first time that I had an email for that.

message 25: by FangFan (new)

FangFan (fangfan1) | 37 comments Vanessa wrote: "I've recently had an Amazon update that a book on my wish list had dropped in price. I think that was the first time that I had an email for that."

It just seemed rather odd, since the sort by price drops function disappeared from the wish lists some time ago. Amazon has been very strange lately. Some folks have mentioned that Ammy might be bringing back a new and improved version of the discussion forum. This makes me wonder if that might actually be in the works. I suppose that stranger things have happened.

message 26: by FangFan (new)

FangFan (fangfan1) | 37 comments For any fans of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, I just got a price drop notification from eReaderIQ that Proven Guilty is currently on sale at Amazon for $1.99.

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments One of Barry Hughart's books is on sale. I loved all (three) of them. This one may be in a collection of the three books.

Eight Skilled Gentlemen 1.99

message 29: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere Dirtiest Secret (S.I.N., #1) by J. Kenner is $1.99 (I didn't care for it but many people liked it)
https://www.amazon.com/Dirtiest-Secre...

message 31: by Carol (new)

Carol Berlingieri | 180 comments Highland Dragon Warrior: Dawn of the Highland Dragon, Book 1 dropped to $0.99.

message 32: by Randi (new)

message 34: by Carol (new)

Carol Berlingieri | 180 comments Thanks Randi! :-)

message 35: by Randi (new)

Randi | 24 comments LOL, sure Carol, no worries. Of course, that's the only thing I know how to do here!

message 36: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Oct 15, 2017 09:12PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments White Tiger by Jennifer Ashley

White Tiger (Shifters Unbound, #8) by Jennifer Ashley 1.99, enjoyed it

message 37: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Oct 15, 2017 09:30PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments I just read an excerpt for Shelly Laurenston's new honey badger book and it was so funny - she's the only writer I know of who incorporates slapstick and makes it work. The excerpt can be read on her website or in her newsletter.

http://shellylaurenston.com/excerpts/...

9.99 to pre-order, not released to the wild (us) until 3/17/2018.

message 38: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Oct 15, 2017 09:43PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments The Vines of Yarrabee by Dorothy Eden 1.99

The Vines of Yarrabee Dorothy Eden

And something completely different. It's a contemporary beauty and the beast story and looks like it has a plot:

The Beauty's Beast free
The Beauty's Beast by Eddie Cleveland

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments I'm posting this freebie although when I scanned the free pages - because I love dragons enough to accept a time-travel plot - my eyes lit on this sentence:

"The enormous sword strapped to his back made her think he was a warrior, although she had no idea why." (To be fair to the author, this is time travel and these guys on horseback ended up in her subdivision.)

The Draig's Wife free

message 40: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Oct 15, 2017 10:05PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments Another freebie: Treasured Find

Treasured Find (Royal-Kagan Shifter World, #1) by Nancy Corrigan Nancy Corrigan - I got this one - shifter romance - hero (a Royal shifter) is investigating the death of a father whose little girl is missing

Still on sale for 99 cents:

Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2) by L.J. Shen by L. J. Shen

Ruckus

message 41: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Oct 15, 2017 10:28PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments Nimisha's Ship by Anne McCaffrey - never heard of this one, 1.99

Nimisha's Ship by Anne McCaffrey

Interesting New Adult book, probably no romance, more urban fantasy - had a fascinating monster described in the sample pages:

High Summons (Warlock of Rochester Book 1) by Eli Celata 99 cents

High Summons

Seducing the Dragon by Jessie Donovan, still 99 cents

Seducing the Dragon (Stonefire Dragons, #2) by Jessie Donovan

message 42: by HappyBookWorm2020 (last edited Oct 15, 2017 10:27PM) (new)

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-re...

The review for this book was hilarious. I can definitely recommend the review.

How to Capture a Duke (Matchmaking for Wallflowers, #1) by Bianca Blythe Free

How to Capture a Duke

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments No on sale but I'm posting it because of the marvelous title and really funny review, and we all need more laughs and books, right?

CowSex 3.99

CowSex by Lesley Jones

Review: https://www.amazon.com/gp/review/R1OR...

HappyBookWorm2020 | 1926 comments Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5) by Tess Gerritsen Tess Gerritsen, 1.99

message 45: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessacoutu) | 1103 comments HappyBookWorm... Thanks for the Laurenston excerpt. I can't wait, I love her shifters.

message 46: by LAB☺ (new)

LAB☺ | 662 comments Just FYI - if you go to your goodreads profile settings you can select to be emailed about Goodreads Deals each day - price drops on books. You can select the categories that interest you.

Account Settings - select the last tab on the right "deals"

message 47: by Karen ⚜Mess⚜ (new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ LAB☺ wrote: "Just FYI - if you go to your goodreads profile settings you can select to be emailed about Goodreads Deals each day - price drops on books. You can select the categories that interest you.

Account..."

I like Book Bub because they will email me a list of free ones as well as price drops.

Just recently Book Bub emailed that a book I have on watch is free! I get jazzed when things like this go my way.

FREE
A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1) by Eve Langlais
https://www.amazon.com/Demon-Witch-We...

**note the cover is completely different now

message 48: by Karen ⚜Mess⚜ (new)

Karen  ⚜Mess⚜ LOVE Keri Lake

Ripple Effect Episode 1 (Ripple Effect, #1) by Keri Lake
I believe what's on sale is all the books in one

https://www.amazon.com/Ripple-Effect-...

« previous 1 3 4