Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dan's September Reads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan in AZ (last edited Oct 03, 2017 04:18PM) (new)

Dan in AZ | 2614 comments 1. G-Man, Stephen Hunter. Split between present and 1934, featuring current Swagger and his grandfather. 1934 was the year that John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson, et al were killed by the predecessor to the FBI, and gramps was front and center. Current Swagger unravels the story when a box containing several guns and a badge are found in the foundation of the old family house. 5Minus (If you like the old gangsters, this one is a lot of fun).

2. The Naturalist, Andrew Mayne. Professor who studies computer patterns and how they can be used to predict events stumbles on a serial killer. Not only does he investigate, but he becomes a suspect himself because he keeps finding bodies. 4

3. Extremis, Barry Eisler. John Rain disposes of an old problem , but his victory is tempered by the loss of a friend. 4Plus

4. The Killer Ascendant, Barry Eisler. John Rain goes up against another old nemesis when his friend Dox is kidnapped to force Rain to do a couple jobs. More to it than that, and it all fits together nicely. 4Plus

5. House of Spies, Daniel Silva. Gabriel Allon continues to chase Saladin as more terrorist acts occur. Using extreme means, the bad guys get their just deserts. 4Plus

Short numbers but all really good reads.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3589 comments G-Man sounds like a good one! Nice month!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14208 comments Ah John Rain; you are catching up where I said I would and haven't! Nice month, Dan!

message 4: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1113 comments Good month Dan

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3569 comments another good month, dan. any time i hear of a rain book, i think about cheryl.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14208 comments Me too Sherry
Sherry wrote: "another good month, dan. any time i hear of a rain book, i think about cheryl."

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3589 comments Sherry wrote: "another good month, dan. any time i hear of a rain book, i think about cheryl."

Yep, so do I.

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1598 comments Another great month for you Dan!

message 9: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Sherry wrote: "another good month, dan. any time i hear of a rain book, i think about cheryl."

Me too. I can still see the picture of her with her good buddy Barry Eisler.

The Naturalist looks good too, think I'll request it from the library.