Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Thread of Everlasting Ennui™

Comments Showing 1-50 of 560 (560 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Anyone home?

message 2: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Not really.

message 3: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments My first post on the Good(read) ship lollipop. Thanks Mean Mister Scott.

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Curses!! My identity is known!!! You realize what this means.

message 5: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments Scott wrote: "Curses!! My identity is known!!! You realize what this means."

Well, so is mine, but, you can call me ::::

message 6: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (laurie2175) | 118 comments Found you! Bwhahaha

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Ok, who's responsible for telling Laurie where we went? Heads will roll.

message 8: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments Talk about Scott..., uh, were we... uh, talking about Scott?
Mr. Books, uh, Scottbooks that is, just stopped by the old "break gas" thread to say g'bye. Dare I say, I'm "honored" that he, uh, uncloaked in front of me?

message 9: by Carbonbased (last edited Oct 04, 2017 11:14AM) (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Scott wrote: "Curses!! My identity is known!!! You realize what this means."
Oh look! MMM doesn't remember to click on his name to edit his profile.
ETA http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008Y2RDQA...

message 10: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Carbonbased wrote: "Scott wrote: "Curses!! My identity is known!!! You realize what this means."
Oh look! MMM doesn't remember to click on his name to edit his profile."

Quiet, you. I have ways of dealing with carbon based life forms.

message 11: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Steve's :::: wrote: "Talk about Scott..., uh, were we... uh, talking about Scott?
Mr. Books, uh, Scottbooks that is, just stopped by the old "break gas" thread to say g'bye. Dare I say, I'm "honored" that he, uh, unclo..."

Did you leave him a vague, mildly inaccurate, cryptic map to this place?

message 12: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "Carbonbased wrote: "Scott wrote: "Curses!! My identity is known!!! You realize what this means."
Oh look! MMM doesn't remember to click on his name to edit his profile."

Quiet, you. I have ways of..."

Y'know, ingrate that I am, I took his good wishes and his quote from Dylan Thomas and ran. If I can still post, I'll go back to "Da Gas" and give him a little sumtin.

message 13: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments 'K, I have attempted to reach the elusive, Mr Books via dyin' Zon. I coulda tried harder I s'pose but, y'know, ennui took hold a me.

message 14: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments So, ... I hit the link "Group Home", something I can relate to and it says I "have no friends". What's so Goodreads about that?

message 15: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Steve's :::: wrote: "So, ... I hit the link "Group Home", something I can relate to and it says I "have no friends". What's so Goodreads about that?"

Maybe it just means that YOU don't have any friends.

That's what I take away from it, anyways.

message 16: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments One thing this closing of forums has shown is what a curmudgeonly (Look it up, I'll wait) group of people are on our beloved Ammie. All of this "I'll never buy from Amazon again!!". Really?

message 17: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments "our beloved Ammie".

Really, beloved? You are a snarky monkey.

message 18: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Steve's :::: wrote: ""our beloved Ammie".

Really, beloved? You are a snarky monkey."

Ok, I need to know. Are you calling me "beloved" or questioning my usage of the word?

message 19: by Princess (new)

Princess (PrincessNatalia) | 7 comments I'm just here to promote myself.

message 20: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments I can see ya but you brought 12 friends. Miss Manners is frowning.

message 21: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Princess wrote: "I'm just here to promote myself."

That's illegal in this state.

message 22: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments And the oft repeated, "D/PD thread makes Ammy a tunno Monet!"
Yeah, right. Waiting for a book to drop to a buck before you'll buy is just what any retailer wants to encourage.

message 23: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Carbonbased wrote: "And the oft repeated, "D/PD thread makes Ammy a tunno Monet!"
Yeah, right. Waiting for a book to drop to a buck before you'll buy is just what any retailer wants to encourage."

Wait. That thread makes Monet's for Amazon? They really are stupid to get rid of it?

message 24: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Princess wrote: "I'm just here to promote myself."

"Then thou shalt be Queen (trout). So let it be written, so let it be done."

message 25: by Beth (new)

Beth (spikester) | 2 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "One thing this closing of forums has shown is what a curmudgeonly (Look it up, I'll wait) group of people are on our beloved Ammie. All of this "I'll never buy from Amazon again!!". Really?"

Unless they are spending a million bucks I doubt Ammie even cares.

message 26: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (laurie2175) | 118 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "Steve's :::: wrote: "So, ... I hit the link "Group Home", something I can relate to and it says I "have no friends". What's so Goodreads about that?"

Maybe it just means that YOU don't have any fr..."

I’m thinking they were talking about you

message 27: by Princess (new)

Princess (PrincessNatalia) | 7 comments Before handguns are banned, I killed off my friends. Does this mean they can't see me or that I can't seem them.

message 28: by Mean Mr. Mustard (last edited Oct 06, 2017 03:47PM) (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments It means you’re invisible to yourself.

ETA: BTW, I just saw your profile picture. You're lovely.

message 29: by Mean Mr. Mustard (last edited Oct 09, 2017 10:36AM) (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments

message 30: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Calm down, Excellency! You'll burst a vein.

message 31: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (joyceouttheblue) | 6 comments Dear Mean Mr. Mustard:

Hey! Just wanted to say hello, and that I made it over here. Thanks for the recommendation! 😁

Love,
Joyce

message 32: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Joyce wrote: "Dear Mean Mr. Mustard:

Hey! Just wanted to say hello, and that I made it over here. Thanks for the recommendation! 😁

Love,
Joyce"

Welcome to the dark side. ;)

message 33: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (joyceouttheblue) | 6 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "Joyce wrote: "Dear Mean Mr. Mustard:

Love,
Joyce"

Welcome to the dark side. ;)"

Thanks! 😎

message 34: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Does anyone else want to buy the new Oasis really bad?

message 35: by Teddygrace (new)

Teddygrace | 18 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "Does anyone else want to buy the new Oasis really bad?"

Or is that " really bad new Oasis"? Having enough trouble with the Fires right now. But my application was accepted to be one of the 1st buyers of whatever that gadget is that can see you, tells you what you should be wearing instead of what you have on - and where to buy it on Amazon. No, I'm not buying one!

message 36: by Mean Mr. Mustard (last edited Oct 13, 2017 02:17PM) (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments The Oasis is not a Fire,it's a Kindle. Notable improvements: 32GB storage, Audiobooks capability, bluetooth, and waterproof.

message 37: by Teddygrace (new)

Teddygrace | 18 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "The Oasis is not a Fire,it's a Kindle. Notable improvements: 30GB storage, Audiobooks capability, bluetooth, and waterproof."

If that reply was for me, I knew it isn't a Fire, just meant I've got enough trouble with my Fires that I can't think of buying any device at all right now. Should have said that!

message 38: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Teddygrace wrote: "Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "The Oasis is not a Fire,it's a Kindle. Notable improvements: 30GB storage, Audiobooks capability, bluetooth, and waterproof."

If that reply was for me, I knew it isn't a F..."

No problem. I've already ordered mine. I feel fairly confident since this is the second version of the Oasis, and generally the Kindles, or E-Ink readers, have fewer problems than the tablets. One thing I forgot to mention about the new Oasis is that it is 7" instead of 6".

message 39: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Hmm...$400 by the time you load it up. I'm betting the current Oasis cover won't fit, given the larger screen. I'd like the Bluetooth for audio, but right now I carry a 7" Fire for that and podcasts.

message 40: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but it seems like they've given up on the divided battery...no mention of storage in the cover, although they've retained the oddly shaped back. I don't see a pic that shows where the connection is on the current Oasis.

message 41: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments No, the battery is not in the case any more. You can buy one of Amazons cases or wait for a 3rd party case.

message 42: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments The storage is also on board, not in the case.

message 43: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "The storage is also on board, not in the case."

Sorry, I meant power storage. Data storage, 8 or 32, is clearly inside...no mention of an SD card.

message 44: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Robert wrote: "Can I join in? I have one."

If you have to ask . . .

message 45: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments I'd like to say to no-one in particular:

No,... just no.

message 46: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments Steve's :::: wrote: "I'd like to say to no-one in particular:

No,... just no."

Well, no does mean no, so there's that.

message 47: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "Does anyone else want to buy the new Oasis really bad?"

I see under Accessibility; they've caved to customer demand and are offering white on a black screen.

message 48: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 347 comments They apparently caved on several things. It plays audiobooks, has increased storage, is waterproof, and has the battery back on board where it belongs.

message 49: by Shalini (new)

Shalini Nemo | 1 comments Carbonbased wrote: "Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "Does anyone else want to buy the new Oasis really bad?"

I see under Accessibility; they've caved to customer demand and are offering white on a black screen."

Thank you for feeding my gadget addiction. Heigh-ho, wallet, awaaaay!

message 50: by Carbonbased (new)

Carbonbased | 100 comments Don't look back, nothing behind us but that pillar of salt.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12