Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Opportunities! > Book Award Contest

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carole (last edited Oct 03, 2017 05:02PM) (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1239 comments Mod
Hi Everybody- Top Shelf Magazine is holding an award contest with a First Place cash prize of $1000.00 . Entry is 50 percent off, if you enter in October. Here is the information from them.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to get your book in front of all the right people, and perhaps win life-changing and career-launching prizes. The price of entry is $100 per book, per category. However, submit your book anytime during the month of October and receive an incredible 50% discount on each entry of your book or books into any number of categories. That's just $50 per submission, making this not only the best, but one of the most affordable book awards in the industry! But you have to act fast... the clock is ticking!

Here is the link- http://www.topshelfmagazine.net/

message 2: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) | 189 comments Carole,

Thanks so much for this post. I get emails everyday about paid promotions and have no way of knowing if they are really a good choice for spending my advertising money. I will definitely look at Top Shelf Magazine.

Regards,
Joni Meredith

message 3: by Carole (last edited Oct 04, 2017 07:59AM) (new)

I don't think of the contests as promotions- for me, that is a side benefit. I know lots of people enter and I find when I do win, it is a validation that I am doing this right. Most of the time my books, as well as my son's have garnered some sort of notice. His original book Monsterland got mixed reviews- yet it took top honors wherever I entered it- Foreword Review- Best in Horror, among others. It's no coincidence, that book was chosen by a literary agent and picked up by a publishing company. I love when my friends win, as well- When I saw all my colleagues on Reader's Favorites, I smiled and said- I knew they were good!!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ann (lttlemisshistory) | 31 comments Carole, Thanks for the heads up about Top Shelf. I will be looking into this one for upcoming release. I agree with you on book contests being more of a validation rather than a promotional tool.

message 5: by Carole (new)

;)

message 6: by Eva (new)

Eva Pasco (evapasco) | 19 comments Thank you, Carole!

message 7: by Carole (new)

Thanks for the review of Navigating, Eva!!

Yeah- Barbara- I entered a bunch of our books. I also love this Readers' Favortie site- They give free reviews and have packages I'm considering for Monsterland.
I did well in their awards this past Sept. While sales have been weak- they have picked up since the awards have been mentions. I was also approached by a foreign company to put my books on their site- so who knows.

message 8: by Eva (new)

Eva Pasco (evapasco) | 19 comments Carole wrote: "Thanks for the review of Navigating, Eva!!

Yeah- Barbara- I entered a bunch of our books. I also love this Readers' Favortie site- They give free reviews and have packages I'm considering for Mon..."

You're welcome, Carole!

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Ann (lttlemisshistory) | 31 comments You have to keep on trying!! Never know where the connections my cross over....

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread