The Reader's Nook of Oklahoma discussion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Primary (new)

Michelle (goongirl1) | 100 comments Mod
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

message 2: by Michelle, Primary (new)

Michelle (goongirl1) | 100 comments Mod
Harry Potter is kind of a big deal in my world. Everyone in my house (my husband, my almost 11 year old son and myself) have pretty much been there and done that with Harry Potter..several times over. My 4 year old daughter on the other hand...not so much. I know that she has seen the first film maybe 3 times, tops. My son watched the first two films so often, he spoke occasionally in a British accent!

Yesterday, while my husband was out picking up our son from a sleepover, my daughter-out of nowhere-asked to watch Harry Potter. My chest swelled with pride and as a single happy tear fell from my cheek, I put the Prisoner of Azkaban in the bluray player. She curled up under a blanket on the couch and watched-attentively. It may seem silly to everyone but for me, it was a glorious moment in my life!

The film was almost over and my husband had made it home with our son, so I decided to hop in the shower. I got cleaned up and dressed and walked into the living to see my husband snuggled up on the couch watching HP -GOF. Again, silly to some but for me-ANOTHER glorious moment for me!

Well, it turns out that our Sunday turned into a Harry Potter Marathon finishing up with HBP. Looks like HP will trickle into Monday night with the last two films....oh, darn. ;)