Books & Boba discussion

Newsdesk > 4th Filipino American International Book Festival

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 104 comments I think other than myself, only one other member here is Bay Area-based. Regardless, I wanted to share with you all that this is coming up.

This weekend, just in time for FilAm History Month, the 4th Filipino American International Book Festival a.k.a. "Filbookfest" is happening in San Francisco. Here's a brief description of what to expect:

"The event gathers Filipino writers and artists from the Philippines and around the United States to participate in a variety of panel discussions, presentations, and readings at the Main Branch of the San Francisco Public Library and at the Asian Art Museum of San Francisco. Fulton Street between Hyde and Larkin was filled with booths featuring books, information, food, and other Filipino cultural products."

It's a free event, so if you're in or near San Francisco this weekend, hope you'll come out to it: https://www.facebook.com/events/19861....

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess (jbagsy) | 24 comments I wish I could go!! My cousin moved to Berkeley last year, so I'm constantly seeing all these great Fil-Am events in SF. If anyone has the opportunity to go, I highly recommend supporting Filipino/Filipino-American authors! You're are so lucky to have events like this in your area :)

message 3: by Reera, Bookmaster (new)

Reera | 257 comments Mod
Ah man, I wish I knew about the book festival before we recorded our quickie September news episode! This festival sounds awesome. :D