Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Opportunities! > Promote your book during my Christmas event

Comments Showing 1-50 of 239 (239 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Indie Advent Calendar is back! It runs from December 1st-25th and I feature a different book or two every day. This is to give exposure to indie authors and encourage people to buy books as gifts/with their Christmas money.
I ran this event last year and featured 50 authors, it was a great success and this year will be even better! To take part, email me with a short post about you and the book you're advertising (1st in a series works best) in a way to catch a reader's attention. You can include a short excerpt if you'd like. I'll pull your cover from Goodreads but send a bio pic if you want one included.
Please message me if you need my email address (Please use my Hotmail, not Navigating Indieworld address) All entries must be in by October 8th, everyone will be included, and you are encouraged to help promote the event when it launches, 50 authors have a much wider reach than 1! Take a look at the one from last year if you need inspiration http://kaymacleodbooks.com/indie-adve...
I'm also giving away three prize packs during the event so if you'd like to donate any books or swag, that would be awesome :)
(Ps, I'm sorry but I don't feature erotica.) Please ask if you need more information and thanks for taking part!

message 2: by Jennie (new)

Jennie Rosenblum (jennieer) | 3 comments I have two Indie Authors interested. I sent a note through your website asking for your email. Thanks for your time and what a great idea!!

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard Roux | 13 comments Kay wrote: "Indie Advent Calendar is back! It runs from December 1st-25th and I feature a different book or two every day. This is to give exposure to indie authors and encourage people to buy books as gifts/w..."

Good afternoon, I would like to participate in this event, and I will gladly advertise it on my social media, too. Where can I find your email address?

message 4: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Hi Jennie and Richard,

I've sent you both a message with my email address and I'm looking forward to your entries, thank you!

message 5: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 1233 comments Mod
Kay- Do I need to send you anything for either Michael or myself??

message 6: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Carole wrote: "Kay- Do I need to send you anything for either Michael or myself??"

I have your post Carole, but I don't have one for Michael yet. I have some Monsterland swag here for prizes but if you want to add anything of yours it's up to you :)

message 7: by Carole (new)

You can do a signed book from me? Do the Oh Susannah book. I'll got give my kid some homework now.

message 8: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Awesome, thanks Carole!

message 9: by Simi (new)

Simi Sunny | 173 comments Are you ok with ebook editions? My book is only ebook version. :( I wish I can also do print editions. It's gonna take time to do that.

message 10: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Tompsett | 5 comments Looks good, Kay. But my books contain subject matter a bit spicy. Unless you deem, otherwise. They are not under erotica, even though there is plenty of steamy sexual scenes.

I also have a page on my website for published author friends. To give them the chance to have their book and web link seen, in different parts of the world. It is only a basic webpage at the moment. Until I complete my current WIP, then I will re-create my page and improve the look.

message 11: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments M.L. wrote: "Looks good, Kay. But my books contain subject matter a bit spicy. Unless you deem, otherwise. They are not under erotica, even though there is plenty of steamy sexual scenes.

I also have a page o..."

Hi M.L. your romance is okay, it's mainly explicit covers that I'm trying to avoid, as younger people visit my site too. I've sent you a message.

Simi wrote: "Are you ok with ebook editions? My book is only ebook version. :( I wish I can also do print editions. It's gonna take time to do that."

Hi Simi, ebook only is fine! I've sent you a message.

message 12: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Tompsett | 5 comments Kay wrote: "Indie Advent Calendar is back! It runs from December 1st-25th and I feature a different book or two every day. This is to give exposure to indie authors and encourage people to buy books as gifts/w..."

Hi Kay, my books are in eBook format. My printed one is a POD. Otherwise, I mainly deal with eBooks. My first eBook of the series is FREE at most eBook stores. But it all depends on where you are in the world.
I'll still send you an email with the book info etc. Let me know, if it is not ok.
I can still place your info / links up on my website and social medial if you like.
If you would like one of your books added to my website author friends page, let me know.

https://mltompsett.com/other-author-f...

message 13: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments M.L. wrote: "Kay wrote: "Indie Advent Calendar is back! It runs from December 1st-25th and I feature a different book or two every day. This is to give exposure to indie authors and encourage people to buy book..."

That's all great, M.L. I'm looking forward to your entry :)
And I'd love to be featured on your website, thank you! What do you need from me?

message 14: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Tompsett | 5 comments With my website, I place a pic of your book cover and a link of your website or the link to where your book is available. I have sent you an email, but I am not sure what you really require for your entry. I have added the links, if you require one. A pic of the book cover and a pic of me. Oh, and a copy of the blurb also.

message 15: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments M.L. wrote: "With my website, I place a pic of your book cover and a link of your website or the link to where your book is available. I have sent you an email, but I am not sure what you really require for you..."

I've got it, it's perfect, thanks! The space is yours to put whatever you want to show off yourself and your book really so I've not made strict guidelines.

For your website my book is Heirs of Power and my website is www.kaymacleodbooks.com
Do you need me to send a picture of my cover or is the one on here suitable?

Thanks so much for adding me.

message 16: by Josie (new)

Josie Jaffrey (josiejaffrey) | 26 comments Hi Kay,

I'd love to participate. Please could you send me your email address?

Many thanks,

Josie

message 17: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Josie wrote: "Hi Kay,

I'd love to participate. Please could you send me your email address?

Many thanks,

Josie"

Thanks Josie, I've messaged you :)

message 18: by Briana (new)

Briana Michaels | 38 comments I'm sending you an email through your website!! Thank you!

message 19: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Briana wrote: "I'm sending you an email through your website!! Thank you!"

Thanks Briana, I've sent you my email address too in case you want to send any attachments :)

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Lightfoot (goodreadscomandrea17) | 24 comments Hi Kay,

Could I have your email address? I'm a fantasy author and would like to contribute my book

Let me know if you need my email address as well

Thanks

Andrea

message 21: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Hi Andrea,
I’ve sent you a message :)

message 22: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Kay wrote: "Awesome, thanks Carole!"

Kay, did you receive the info I sent you by e-mail?

message 23: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Edwards | 1 comments Hi Kay!

Just sent you a message for your email. Thanks for hosting this!!

message 24: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Tompsett | 5 comments Kay wrote: "M.L. wrote: "With my website, I place a pic of your book cover and a link of your website or the link to where your book is available. I have sent you an email, but I am not sure what you really re..."

Hi Kay, in the process of adding your book to my site. If anyone else would like to have their book added, let me know.

message 25: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Lightfoot (goodreadscomandrea17) | 24 comments All done - thanks Kay

message 26: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) | 189 comments Kay,

What a wonderful idea, we are thrilled to be a part of your Indie Advent Calendar. And will definitely contribute to the giveaway.

Please email me at editor@glyphus.com and we will send you all the information you need.

Warm regards,
Joni

(my husband Dennis Meredith is the author and I do the marketing)

message 27: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Thanks guys, I've sent emails to both of you :)

message 28: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 66 comments Kay

Did my books arrive?

message 29: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Judy wrote: "Kay wrote: "Awesome, thanks Carole!"

Kay, did you receive the info I sent you by e-mail?"

I haven't, sorry! I've sent you a message on here with my email address so you can check you have the right one :)

message 30: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Valerie wrote: "Hi Kay!

Just sent you a message for your email. Thanks for hosting this!!"

Thanks! I've sent a reply

message 31: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Anita wrote: "Kay

Did my books arrive?"

Yes! Thank you so much, Anita, they look fantastic :D

message 32: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 66 comments The bookplates arrived today. I will mail them along with the bookmarks on Monday. Have no idea how it will take an envelope to reach you. Never mailed one to the UK before.

message 33: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Anita wrote: "The bookplates arrived today. I will mail them along with the bookmarks on Monday. Have no idea how it will take an envelope to reach you. Never mailed one to the UK before."

Thanks! I’ll let you know when they arrive :)

message 34: by Carole (new)

Oh Kay- do you want me to mail the book to you- I figured you would give me the winner and I would mail it directly.

message 35: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments Can I have some more information please?

message 36: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Carole and Alyson, I've sent you both a message, thank you!

message 37: by Jun (new)

Jun Prince (authorjunprince) | 4 comments Hi Kay!

I'd be interested in your holiday event. It'd be just in time for the release of my audiobook.

message 38: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Jun wrote: "Hi Kay!

I'd be interested in your holiday event. It'd be just in time for the release of my audiobook."

Hi Jun,

I've sent you a message :)

message 39: by Dennis (new)

Dennis Meredith (dennismeredith) | 189 comments I just sent books for the Indie Advent Calendar to Kay. It was so easy, I live in California so I just ordered the books from Amazon UK, shipping is free in the UK, and they will arrive next week. So much easier than shipping books from my supply across the pond. :)

message 40: by Carole (new)

That’s smart

message 41: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 66 comments I did the same, and it worked out well. I even got a notice the books were out for delivery.

message 42: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 176 comments Dennis wrote: "I just sent books for the Indie Advent Calendar to Kay. It was so easy, I live in California so I just ordered the books from Amazon UK, shipping is free in the UK, and they will arrive next week. ..."

so that means that we in the US. can include UK entrees in giveaways, that's great!

message 43: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Thank you Dennis!
I’m getting some great prizes in from people, we’re going to have some very happy winners :D

message 45: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Jinks (debbiejay) | 5 comments Kay wrote: "Carole and Alyson, I've sent you both a message, thank you!"
Hi Kay...just to say hi Kay :-)

message 46: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Debbie wrote: "Kay wrote: "Carole and Alyson, I've sent you both a message, thank you!"
Hi Kay...just to say hi Kay :-)"

Hi Debbie, great to see you on here! And I can't wait until I get to feature your book next year :D

message 47: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Andrea wrote: "Hi Kay, here's my links :

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastica-S......"

Thanks Andrea, I've added them to your entry :)

message 48: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Jinks (debbiejay) | 5 comments Thanks Kay, me too!

message 49: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments Just to remind everyone, today is the last day you can sign up for this event! I'm putting together the final list and assigning days soon so I need your entry ASAP if you want to take part.

Thank you to everyone that's joined in so far!

message 50: by Kay (new)

Kay | 158 comments I'm now closed for entries.

Thank you to everyone taking part!

« previous 1 3 4 5

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heirs of Power (other topics)