Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Ricardo: Slow Cooker Favourites: From Lasagna to Crème Brûlée
This topic is about Ricardo
Book Issues > Author pages/info Mess - Ricardo [Chef]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (last edited Oct 03, 2017 11:54AM) (new) - added it

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 708 comments Hello,

I was trying to look up an author to see what [cook]books he'd written, and found a bit of a mess. The chef goes by Ricardo (he seems to prefer the single name - it's presented that way on his books, and website), and his last name is Larrivée.

This seems to be the main record. It needs to be edited so it is no longer in all caps, please.

Two of the books connected to this author page also have their titles in all caps. Please edit these:
Mon Premier Livre de Recettes to be in the proper format,
and La mijoteuse #2 - this needs to be properly formatted. La needs to be in front of the title. T.02 should mean Tome (book) 2 - you may want to replace it with the # symbol, as shown on the cover.
According to the comments, there is an English edition as well, "Slower is Better"- these are under one of the author fixes below.

Next up:
Ricardo: Slow Cooker Favourites. Three records found, three incorrect spellings of his name, and therefore three author pages that will need to be deleted once these are attached to his main record.

The first is spelled Ricardo Larrivxe9e . Please attach to main author record, and delete the incorrect author page.

the second is a double-fix : Ricardo Larriv�e (another computer error, it looks like). The title information on this one is also incorrect : It says Ricardo: Slow Cooker Favourites Iba, w here the other two read "Ricardo: Slow Cooker Favourites: From Lasagna to Cheesecake".
There are also two other books under this name, but they appear to be copies of the same book: "Untitled Slow Cooker Cookbook #2" (the covers show these are the missing "Slower is Better records").
#1 and #2.

For the third, the author is down as Ricardo Larivée (missing an 'r'). It's mis-spelled in the summary due to a computer glitch as well, with the é disappearing into �.

Favourites is spelled correctly on the three covers, btw - he's a Canadian author.

Please fix these when you get a chance.

*Note*: I need to get back, but there are probably more books to combine/merge/fix under the different author names. Sorry I can't straighten out more right now!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 03, 2017 05:11PM) (new)

I'm done for now too. You did a great job. You should read the manual https://www.goodreads.com/help/librarian and apply for librarian status https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/6...

I asked about full name vs. single name here https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... if you want to see what the GR experts say.

Your welcome to add more edits here and either I or someone else will jump in.

message 3: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 708 comments Thank you so much, Corinne!!

Yeah, it might be worth applying. With all the books that come through at work, I always seem to find new ones to add, or new editions to merge. lol.