What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Touched by Venom (Dragon Temple Saga, #1)
This topic is about Touched by Venom
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy book, about dragons and humans, older book. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kelly | 4 comments This is driving me nuts! It's a fantasy book I read a long time ago.

It's about dragons. These clans raise dragons for the ruling class and their food source is the dragon eggs. The main character has a sister who was sold to another clan to pay a debt. The clans have contests with each other. Each clan lives in their own sector. The clan that wins has to give away all their goods and then receives riches from the ruling class that sets them up for the rest of the year. However something happens and it is ruled that they cheated somehow so they don't get anything from the ruling class and they are now destitute and forced to work in another sector to get food. There is like a dragon master who recruits boys to work in the arena to help out with the dragon bull. The main character is discriminated against because she has some sort of skin thing that makes her look different. I think her mom was a different type of human, maybe from the wilds and that is where she gets her skin thing from. I think then story ends with the main character going into the forest looking for her mother's people.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
A long time ago means what? 10 years ago? 20 years? 1968? Author female or male? Remember the cover? Series or standalone?

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kelly | 4 comments I found it! Touched by Venom by Janine Cross I read it in collage so that would have been around 10 years ago.

Its the first book in a three book series.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Touched By Venom for ease of clicking.

Congrats Jennifer Kelly.