Literary Horror discussion

Authors > Blake Butler

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Moss (perfidiousscript) | 70 comments Is Blake Butler on anyone's radar? He is contemporary and further on the experimental arm of literary horror but he is doing some really interesting stuff. His last novel was '300000000' (three hundred million).

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill Hsu (billhsu) | 1323 comments I'm a huge fan of Scorch Atlas. Less so of his later books.

message 3: by Neutrino (new)

Neutrino Increasing | 62 comments Heh, I'm ashamed to say that I ever even heard of him until now (or I did, and then forgot about him).
Scorch Atlas sounds sweet alright, like the sort of surrealist horror that I could enjoy.

message 4: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Moss (perfidiousscript) | 70 comments Neutrino wrote: "Heh, I'm ashamed to say that I ever even heard of him until now (or I did, and then forgot about him).
Scorch Atlas sounds sweet alright, like the sort of surrealist horror that I could enjoy."

Why ashamed?

message 5: by Neutrino (new)

Neutrino Increasing | 62 comments He seems to have relatively sizeable following, going by his goodreads pages. I am familiar with a crapload of horror/weird fiction authors whose works amass sometimes less than a dozen ratings per release on GR, so I am kinda embarrassed to be completely unaware of someone like this. Especially since, as I've said, it sounds like he writes the sort of fiction that I could enjoy.

message 6: by Randolph, Randy (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 161 comments If you follow Jordan West You won’t miss anything literary horror. He read and rated this book several years ago.

message 7: by Bill (last edited Oct 05, 2017 10:05AM) (new)

Bill Hsu (billhsu) | 1323 comments Randolph wrote: "If you follow Jordan West You won’t miss anything literary horror."
I follow Jordan West. (We have 200+ books common, wooo.) 300 Million is on his list, but not Scorch Atlas.

Jordan is also in this group, but I don't remember seeing him post.