Christian Speculative Fiction discussion

Blogs and Podcasts > Untold Podcast: Christian Speculative Fiction

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fredösphere (new)

Fredösphere (fredosphere) | 14 comments I want y'all to know about the Untold Podcast, a podcast of speculative fiction from a Christian perspective, hosted by pastor Nathan James Norman. I have three particular reasons for mentioning it:

The show runs a wide variety of fantasy, science fiction, dystopian, and other speculative fiction stories. Norman is quite bold in picking stories with themes that are complex and challenging. A lot of Christian fiction is thought to be hyper-cautious and narrow in it's themes. This is definitely not that kind of podcast. If the thought of straying outside the boundaries of chaste Amish romance frightens you, STAY AWAY from the Untold Podcast. That being said, although the themes are challenging and sometimes outside the bounds of G and PG ratings, the show's perspective is solidly orthodox in its theology.

If you are a writer of short stories, you should submit to the Untold Podcast. There are precious few places to send speculative stories from a Christian perspective--let's keep this one alive. Send Pastor Norman your best stories and become a patron of the show.

Finally, the latest story on the podcast is a humble effort by me, a pregnant man story called "All Those Bulging Bellies." Yep, it's got a man in it. And he's pregnant.

message 2: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Pattison | 65 comments Thanks for the heads-up. I just subscribed to the podcast and will check it out.

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan James | 1 comments Thanks for the kind words, Fredosphere! We're hoping to have lots of updates and new content in the very near future!

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam Collings (adamcollings) | 8 comments Likewise, I enjoy tuning in and listening to the creative stories featured on the show. Great podcast.