Genre Specific Review Groups discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Review Group Requests > Thriller or Historical Thriller (Accepted)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.P. (new)

A.P. Martin (apmartin) | 24 comments Hi, would anyone be interested in forming a thriller or historical thriller group?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Would a paranormal mystery work here? It's not a thriller in the sense that there's always a heart-pounding chase, or someone's life at risk any minute, but there's a government conspiracy in there, and there are lots of unsettling images in this book.

The Strange Life of Brandon Chambers

message 3: by A.P. (new)

A.P. Martin (apmartin) | 24 comments Last time I was in a review group like this, I reviewed, and really enjoyed, a vampire book. So, why not?

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Great, we'll just wait for more to sign up on board. You can always ask the moderator to send out a mass email to those who are already members of this larger discussion group.

message 5: by Sanna (new)

Sanna Hines | 173 comments I have a YA thriller, Stealth Moves. Also have a paranormal mystery, Elvira Wonders, in pre-release status (launch Nov. 1). If either of these would do, I'm in.

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Not much action here, hope it will pick up! Maybe time for the moderator to send out a message to all members of this general discussion group?

message 7: by R. (new)

R. Leib | 765 comments Mod
I would like some direction here. How would the authors posting to this topic want the review group to be delimited? Will it be "Thriller" or "Historical Thriller" or something else more inclusive? We have had Thriller review groups before where reviewers have downgraded books more because they did not fit the genre rather than due to quality issues.

R.

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Since there's no historical thriller book suggested yet, I propose just modern-day thriller.

I'll admit my book isn't a spy-on-the-run, near-death every chapter, or always-tense thriller, so if that's all the participants want, let me know so I can withdraw my book, but in a content way. My book is more like government conspiracy thriller with coming of age. More like Stand By Me or Stranger Things.

message 9: by A.P. (new)

A.P. Martin (apmartin) | 24 comments I proposed the group with my world war two adventure/spy thriller Spy Trap in mind. I have no problem at all with a broader group

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott Spotson (scottspotson) | 272 comments Oh sorry, A.P. I didn't know you had a historical thriller. That's fine with me too. Your first post didn't mention it, thanks for letting us know!

message 11: by R. (new)

R. Leib | 765 comments Mod
Authors:

Your voices have been heard. Go to https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... to review the guidelines and sign up by posting a comment there with the Goodreads links to your author's page and your book's page.

R.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.