Horror Aficionados discussion

The Valancourt Book of Horror Stories: Volume Two
New Releases > The Valancourt Book of Horror Stories: Volume Two

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments The Valancourt Book of Horror Stories: Volume Two

In this volume, you will encounter tales of ghosts, haunted houses, witchcraft, possession, demonic pacts, and ancient, nameless horrors. Stories of the strange and macabre, of a man tormented by an age-old evil, a corpse returned from the dead, a brutal killer with a shocking secret, a contraption with the power to trap its victims eternally inside a nightmare. With stories ranging from frightening to horrific to weird to darkly humorous, by a lineup of authors that includes both masters of horror fiction and award-winning literary greats, this is a horror anthology like no other.

description

Valancourt Books has earned a reputation as one of the foremost publishers of lost and rediscovered classics, reissuing more than 400 unjustly neglected works from the late 18th century all the way to the early 21st. In this second volume of rare horror stories, the editors of Valancourt Books have selected fourteen tales – all by Valancourt authors – for this new collection spanning two centuries of horror. This volume features a previously unpublished ghost story by Nevil Shute, a brand-new tale by award-winning author Stephen Gregory, and twelve other tales that have never or seldom been reprinted.

Table of Contents

Foreword by James D. Jenkins and Ryan Cagle
Samhain by Bernard Taylor
The Bell by Beverley Nichols
The Elemental by R. Chetwynd-Hayes
Herself by M. E. Braddon
The Creatures in the House by Robert Westall
November the Thirteenth by Russell Thorndike
Halley's Passing by Michael McDowell
The Nice Boys by Isabel Colegate
The Watcher by the Threshold by John Buchan
Tudor Windows by Nevil Shute
No Sin by John Metcalfe
The Dice by Thomas De Quincey
Camera Obscura by Basil Copper
The Boys Who Wouldn't Wake Up by Stephen Gregory

Now available:

Hardcover
Website | Amazon US | Amazon UK
Paperback
eBook

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5686 comments Mod
FANTASTIC anthology!!

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Sounds great just like most of the works you resurrect.

message 4: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10648 comments Mod
I put this on every Christmas wish list I sent out. I hope I get it.

message 5: by Kimberly (last edited Nov 25, 2017 08:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5686 comments Mod
Latasha wrote: "I put this on every Christmas wish list I sent out. I hope I get it."

Hmmm.... physical or .mobi?? Just wondering....

message 6: by Latasha (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Latasha wrote: "I put this on every Christmas wish list I sent out. I hope I get it."

Hmmm.... physical or .mobi?? Just wondering...."

physical

Char  | 13649 comments Mod
Good luck, Latasha!

message 8: by Latasha (new)

Thanks Charlene 😁

message 9: by Sven (new)

Sven | 15 comments Both volumes on mount tbr ;) And? Did you get iT as a present?

message 10: by Latasha (new)

I did not :(

message 11: by Sven (new)

Sven | 15 comments I’m sorry to hear that... maybe you get lucky in a next present! Grts