Horror Aficionados discussion

Blackwater: The Complete Caskey Family Saga (Blackwater, #1-6)
This topic is about Blackwater
New Releases > Blackwater (1983) by Michael McDowell

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Now available! Originally published as a series of six volumes in 1983, BLACKWATER is the crowning achievement of Michael McDowell, author of the Southern Gothic classics Cold Moon Over Babylon and The Elementals and screenwriter of Beetlejuice and The Nightmare Before Christmas. This first-ever one-volume edition, with a new introduction by Shirley Jackson Award-winning author Nathan Ballingrud, allows a new generation of readers to discover this modern horror classic.

description

Full cover view: http://68.media.tumblr.com/64d07103fa...

description

Blackwater (1983) by Michael McDowell, introduction by Nathan Ballingrud

Book Description

Blackwater is the saga of a small town, Perdido, Alabama, and Elinor Dammert, the stranger who arrives there under mysterious circumstances on Easter Sunday, 1919. On the surface, Elinor is gracious, charming, anxious to belong in Perdido, and eager to marry Oscar Caskey, the eldest son of Perdido’s first family. But her beautiful exterior hides a shocking secret. Beneath the waters of the Perdido River, she turns into something terrifying, a creature whispered about in stories that have chilled the residents of Perdido for generations. Some of those who observe her rituals in the river will never be seen again ...

Now available:

Hardcover
Website | Amazon US | Amazon UK
Paperback
eBook

message 2: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2380 comments God I loved Blackwater!

Char  | 13721 comments Mod
Yep, me too!

message 4: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5734 comments Mod
Incredible! The scenes are still with me...

message 5: by Mehmet (new)

Mehmet | 1217 comments Not read the series yet but read lots of great recommendations for it. Just brought myself a copy :-)

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Mehmet wrote: "Not read the series yet but read lots of great recommendations for it. Just brought myself a copy :-)"

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it! :)

message 7: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2380 comments Any chance a copy of this will be in my Nocturnal Readers Box this month?

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Lena wrote: "Any chance a copy of this will be in my Nocturnal Readers Box this month?"

I can't say what books are included but Blackwater will not be in it. :X

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Lena wrote: "Any chance a copy of this will be in my Nocturnal Readers Box this month?"

Nocturnal Readers Box???

message 10: by Valancourt Books (last edited Oct 08, 2017 05:05AM) (new) - added it

Valancourt Books (valancourt_books) | 253 comments Kimberly wrote: "Lena wrote: "Any chance a copy of this will be in my Nocturnal Readers Box this month?"

Nocturnal Readers Box???"

Uh oh. Haha.

It's a monthly subscription service. You get a mystery box in the mail containing a few books and a couple of other items. For October Valancourt is included.

David Haynes | 3151 comments I'm really enjoying this!

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

I'll have to put the Valancourt H/C edition on my wish list ;)

message 13: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2380 comments Kimberly wrote: Nocturnal Readers Box???"

http://www.thenocturnalreadersbox.com
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
You can find my box pics in my profile. This month is the one year anniversary mega box!!!