YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Edgedancer (The Stormlight Archive, #2.5)
This topic is about Edgedancer
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Edgedancer by Brandon Sanderson - Starting October 10th, 2017

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Three years ago, Lift asked a goddess to stop her from growing older--a wish she believed was granted. Now, in Edgedancer, the barely teenage nascent Knight Radiant finds that time stands still for no one. Although the young Azish emperor granted her safe haven from an executioner she knows only as Darkness, court life is suffocating the free-spirited Lift, who can't help heading to Yeddaw when she hears the relentless Darkness is there hunting people like her with budding powers. The downtrodden in Yeddaw have no champion, and Lift knows she must seize this awesome responsibility.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I'm so excited for this! I have no idea why I haven't read it...But now I finally will. And just in time for Oathbringer.

message 3: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I'm trying to work out where in the book is Edgedancer as the audio just lists chapter numbers not the individual books :(

message 4: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Found it on chapter 64 lol I'm good to start anytime you are ready :)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I've started! Glad you found it.

I've read 7 chapters, I think. (view spoiler)

message 6: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Great I will start as soon as I finish The Romanov Sisters The Lost Lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra by Helen Rappaport

message 7: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I think I finished chapter 9...(view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I think I just finished chapter 13. (view spoiler)

message 10: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I finished the whole book and(view spoiler)

message 11: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I should finish today. Then I'll check out all of your spoilers.

message 12: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Gillian wrote: "I finished the whole book and[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Gillian (last edited Oct 16, 2017 12:27PM) (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments C.P. wrote: "Gillian wrote: "I finished the whole book and[spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

I think it may become clearer as we read the next book. This is where Michael J. Sullivan has an advantage in writing the whole series before he releases it. His book don't need any add novellas to fix any missing information to make things fit.

message 14: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments I don't think it was so much that Sanderson thought he needed to "fix" anything for the next book, it was more just that he wants people to know what is happening with Lift before she becomes a focus in the main series.

That said, I think I will definitely need to write my entire series before releasing. I don't see any way around it.

I haven't read Mark Lawrence, I didn't know he does that. I know Sullivan does, which is cool and there are so many connections that I think would be impossible through Riyria without having it written that way.

message 15: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments haha you read that before I got it corrected

message 16: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I just saw your list for December I know I have some of those books I will check out which ones I can get after work but I think I may be able to them all except Harry Potter as I have just done that whole series.

message 17: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments C.P. wrote: "I don't think it was so much that Sanderson thought he needed to "fix" anything for the next book, it was more just that he wants people to know what is happening with Lift before she becomes a foc..."

I thought he had to fix something about the assassin maybe I remember that part wrong.

message 18: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Haha, I see that you meant Sullivan. Yes, I agree there.

Sweet! Let me know which ones you want to read! I've been trying to finish the HP series for a while (a reread) but just keep pushing those last two off.

Maybe he did have to fix something. I don't know what it could have been if he did, but it's very possible. I don't see how more authors don't have to do that.

message 19: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments I just had a quick look and I can get or have all those books I do have to read The Death of Dulgath but I now have The Disappearance of Winter's Daughter on pre order :)

message 20: by C.P. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 3719 comments Awesome! Do all of the dates I had work? I can set threads tomorrow.

message 21: by Gillian (new) - added it

Gillian Murrell | 3704 comments Yes they are fine