Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,395 (1395 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 27 28

message 1: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 119 comments Mod
Is Katniss more likely to end up with Gale or Peeta?

I feel that Katniss is more likely to end up with Gale, even though I really like Peeta better, and would be happier with a Peeta/Katniss ship.

Here's a post that I posted on the Hunger Games Trilogy forum. It's a list of the different ways that I could think of that Katniss's relationship to Peeta and Gale will change in the next book, and it has the final score at the end:

Peeta:

-Katiss may grow closer to Peeta after the Games because they both went through the same thing, and they'll understand what the other is going through. (+P)

-Katniss may grow farther from Peeta because they have different reactions to the Games. (-P)

-Katniss may grow farther from Peeta because he reminds her of the Games. (-P)

-Katniss may grow farther from Peeta because she realized that he was really in love with her, and that she was acting. She may feel guilty for hurting him, or not know how to react to having him really in love with her. (-P)

-Katniss may grow closer to Peeta because she realized that he loves her. She never considered him as a romantic possibility before, and this may cause her to start to consider him. (+P)

Gale:

-Katniss may grow farther from Gale because he didn't go through what she went through in the Games. (-G)

-Katniss may grow closer to Gale because he's a connection to life before the Games. (+G)

-Katniss may grow closer to Gale because being around him may help to blot out her thoughts of the Games, like in the novel Rebecca, if anyone's familiar with that. (+G)

-Katniss may grow closer to Gale because she may distance herself from Peeta when she realizes that he [Peeta:] loves her. (+G)

Both:

-Katniss may realize that both Gale and Peeta love her, and be overwhelmed by this, and distance herself from both Peeta and Gale. (-G, -P)

Gale: 1
Peeta: -2
The odds are in Gale's favor.

message 2: by Uverzero (new)

Uverzero (WingedReaper) | 6 comments I'm biased. I prefer Gale. Hands down. XD

message 3: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I'm w/ Uverzero. Biased w/ almost no reasoning besides I like Gale's personality better.

message 4: by Ronna (last edited Aug 09, 2009 07:31PM) (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments I dunno. I'm Peeta right now, cause I dont really know Gale yet. And I think Peeta and Katniss go WAY back than her and Gale, starting with the bread. I just think there was a real connection there, considering Peeta didn't know Katniss at all. And even WAY back, when Peeta's dad told him the story with how he planned to marry Katniss' mother.

Well, we'll see.

;)

message 5: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

But Gale and Katniss know each other so much better. Peeta and Katniss hadn't really talked to each other until the Hunger Games, while Gale and Katniss were together hunting almost every day. Just because Peeta is unconditionally in love with Katniss does not mean that Katniss with return his feelings. It's a sad fact, but not everyone who falls in love with someone will be loved back. It's called unrequitted love.

message 6: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Hmmm... I'd forgotten that. (Peeta's dad wanting to marry Katniss's mom. ooh! if they had, Peeta and Katniss would be siblings! and then Katniss and Gale could be together! gah! sorry. that was way random. xD) Actually, Katniss met Gale only a few days after the bread incident if I remember correctly...

message 7: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments AHHH! I'm outnumbered. LOL! Well, Im just really Peeta RIGHT NOW cause I dont know Gale yet that much. Who knows?

;)

Oh and btw, If they(Peeta's dad and Katniss' mom) had, Peeta and Katniss wouldn't even excist!LOL!

message 8: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) say who?! (Beside you.) xD they could! exist!

message 9: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Technically no. Can they? I mean like, scientifically and stuff.

LOL!sorry, i had to answer

;D

message 10: by Claire (new)

Claire Chevallier | 15 comments You find out in the second book...
(btw I'm all for Peeta)

message 11: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Naomi wrote: "say who?! (Beside you.) xD they could! exist!"

Wait, do you mean like now. Ok then yeah, they could excist. I thought you meant like if Katniss' mother married the baker instead of the miner. LOL!

message 12: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Claire wrote: "You find out in the second book...
(btw I'm all for Peeta)"

THANK YOU Claire! I'm not outnumbered anymore.LOL!
;)

message 13: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) exactly Ronna. Cuz it would be too weird to marry your BROTHER! but I guess the baker is still married. darn it!

message 14: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) Claire wrote: "You find out in the second book...
(btw I'm all for Peeta)"

... *cries* I need book 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 15: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Naomi wrote: "exactly Ronna. Cuz it would be too weird to marry your BROTHER! but I guess the baker is still married. darn it!"

That's what I was saying!!
I'm still PEETA!LOL!!

AHHH!I need book 2 too!
Dont worry only 22 more days!!
We can still make it!

;)

message 16: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) noooooo! well, actually, I MIGHT be able to make it, cuz I'm going on vacation til right before it comes out. yays! I'm taking Hunger Games w/ me when I leave... and make my dad read it... and my mom.... xD

message 17: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments LOL! awesome!

message 18: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) xD

message 19: by Uverzero (new)

Uverzero (WingedReaper) | 6 comments I just like Gale since the first chapter just something about him...... hehe

message 20: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

I really like them both so much, and although I like Peeta a little bit more, I think that she and Gale are better suited for each other.

message 21: by Uverzero (new)

Uverzero (WingedReaper) | 6 comments True, although shes experienced hard things with Peeta. Gale just understands although he wasn't with her. Idk if that makes sense. The month HG came out I bought it and told my friends about it and I said some of the characters' names. When I said Peeta's they started laughing and said "what is he a baker" Which I found was really funny XD

message 22: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) lolz

message 23: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (miarosie44) Hey, I just joined :)

I can't help feel sorry for Peeta! He loves this girl, and she has agreed to "love" him to keep herself alive. I don't know who she will pick, but I will be hopeing mostly for Peeta!

message 24: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Welcome to the group, Amelia!

I'd love it if she ends up with Peeta! Have you read the first chapter yet? It's available on the website and shows a little bit of interaction between Peeta and Katniss.

message 25: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments PEETA!PEETA!PEETA!PEETA!PEETA!PEETA!!!!!

gotta support who i want katniss to end up with!
;D

Welcome Amelia!

message 26: by Naomi (last edited Aug 12, 2009 04:52PM) (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) no! no! no! GALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could you possibly like Peeta better?

message 27: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Because Peeta is so sweet and was willing to die so that Katniss would live.

message 28: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "Because Peeta is so sweet and was willing to die so that Katniss would live. "

EXACTLY! And Gale should have acted sooner if he did wanted Katniss. Ok, I know Peeta didnt really did anything, but he already love Katniss since 5!LOL!

;D

message 29: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Ronna, I was just speaking for why I like Peeta. I think that Katniss and Gale are better suited for each other, and have known each other for longer.

message 30: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments All fair in love and war.

;D

Well, like i said before, may the best man win!

;D

message 31: by Claire (new)

Claire Chevallier | 15 comments I agree she is a little better suited with Gale, but what will the capitol think of him being with Katniss??????

message 32: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

I think that at some point in the book, Katniss is going to have to go on the run. Once she's on the run, if Gale is somehow with her, then it won't matter anymore to the Capitol if she's with Peeta or Gale.

message 33: by Claire (new)

Claire Chevallier | 15 comments U FIND OUT IN THE SECOND BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHHAHAHHA!

message 34: by Ronna (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments AHHHH!!I cant wait anymore!

xD

message 35: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) No! Don't say anything! You're killing me!

message 36: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (miarosie44) Lol! I can't wait either!!!!!!

You know, it might be hard for her to end up with Gale. 'cause she is going on the tour of the districts with Peeta, and i assume Gale will be in district 12. Or maybe I am making excuses for Peeta :)

Thnxs for welcoming me!!!

message 37: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I know it'll be hard for Gale and Katniss to be together. But I really hate that whole cousin thing. i think they need to get rid of that asap.

message 38: by Ronna (last edited Aug 16, 2009 04:17PM) (new)

Ronna (ronna15) | 24 comments Even though I am ALL for Peeta, I do too think that cousin thing is such a rip-off!! Gale doesnt deserve that! If anything else, he deserves something better.

See, I am fair!

;D

message 39: by Carly (new)

Carly | 286 comments Uverzero wrote: "I just like Gale since the first chapter just something about him...... hehe"

omg me too

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

GALE!! i really didn't like peeta at all

message 41: by Summer (last edited Aug 19, 2009 06:01PM) (new)

Summer | 508 comments In the arena it almost fealt like Peeta was playing Katniss sometimes, but then Peeta was actually really in love with Katniss. I don't know if Gale would have let Katniss kill hime in the end (like she would!) like Peeta wanted her to. Just because of the way he was raised and everything. I mean in the Seam you feed your own family first. I'm not really pro Gale or Peeta. If I was Kat I'd go for Gale though. Peeta seems a little to ignorant at times and I think if I was Kat I'd get pretty fed up with him. Plus, I think once Peeta really gets to know Katniss, he won't like her as much. His crush has been pretty superfical. Oh, and a nother thing. I don't think Peeta's mother would let him live if he said he was going to go off with Katniss. Just a hunch.

message 42: by Carly (new)

Carly | 286 comments so true and u bring up a lot of good points about how gale wouldn't let her kill him, or mabe he would because he loves her (oh come on people if if u haven't read catching fire you knnow it)

message 43: by Summer (last edited Aug 19, 2009 06:02PM) (new)

Summer | 508 comments I realy wonder what would have happened if Gale had been put in the arena with Katniss, what kind of conflict would have gone on. I think Katniss would probably basically sacrifice herself and try to atack Cato or something and end up dying. Of coarse that would have been the end of the Hunger Games trilogy. After all Gale would take care of Prim and he has more sibs and stuff like that. I think the main conflict would be in Katniss trying to leave Prim alone in the Seam. Oh, so sad!

message 44: by Carly (new)

Carly | 286 comments i know

message 45: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) The first time I read the book I honestly thought Gale would be picked.

message 46: by Summer (new)

Summer | 508 comments That would be completely horrible and tear jerking. Expecially with all these fantasy scenes running through my head! Scenes were Gale's dying, scenes where he's not, and scenes where he's telling Katniss crucial, wonderful, omg, heartbreaking.... It's aweful!

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah ok so i was on the fence after the first book. i really felt for gale, even though i knew peeta better, but now that i have read the second book i totally want peeta to be the one she ends up with....i cant help it he is just so great!

message 48: by Nonie (last edited Sep 02, 2009 04:34PM) (new)

Nonie (noniekiran) Well, after the first book, I really couldn't decide between the two of them. Now, I'm rooting for Peeta. He's so caring, sweet, funny, and loveable. :)

message 49: by Van (new)

Van Do | 6 comments don't you guys think that it will be awkward if katniss ends up with Gale because, way back, Peeta's father loved Katniss's mother but she ended up marrying something else. If Katniss marries Gale, doesn't it like, history repeats itself? I dunno. Just a thought.

and, I LOVE PEETA!!

message 50: by Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi), Cinna is amazing. (new)

Van wrote: "don't you guys think that it will be awkward if katniss ends up with Gale because, way back, Peeta's father loved Katniss's mother but she ended up marrying something else. If Katniss marries Gale,..."

Or even better, as Summer mentioned before, if Peeta's mom leaves/dies/disappears, then Katniss's mom and Peeta's dad can marry.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 27 28