Ghost Story
This topic is about Ghost Story
group reads archive > Ghost Story 100%

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

Ghost story won the poll for this months read.

Spoilers are at 25%, enjoy!:D

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Oh shoot--I haven't started yet--LOL!

message 3: by John (new) - added it

John (jrd1st) I'll start now.

message 4: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley I've been wanting to read this one!

message 5: by Justin (new) - added it

Justin (justineaton) | 3492 comments Mod
Im listening on audible and im not even close to 25% yet but, an hour and a half into the 22 and a half hour book and i am so bored i need to take a break. Hopefully it picks up.

message 6: by Justin (new) - added it

Ok, 3 hours in and its getting good. 1 will listen to a couple more hours tomorrow to get me to 25% and then i will be back.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Almost at 25%!

message 8: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I'm not going very quick, only at 5%. Keen to know why he has the little girl, she seems a strange one.

message 9: by Justin (new) - added it

Im just under 25%. I thought it started out pretty good with the man and the little girl, very ominous with a building dread that something was going to happen to the girl. It was also drawn out though, All of his Constant paranoia of getting caught and then not getting caught. After that the introduction to the chowder society was boring but it was introducing characters and setting the story up so it wasn't bad, just a slow section. With the first ghost story it really got good and I'm finally getting into it. I'm just past the part where he has the nightmare that the other 3 members of the society are dead and tells his business partner only to find out he had a similar dream but with only the other 2 members dead. My guess is because that's the order they will die in. I don't remember names but the one who dreamed of all 3 will be the last one killed (or a lone survivor?) And the person who dreamed of the other 2 dead is because he is the third to die. I'm also very curious about the girl and not so worried about what will happen to her anymore.

message 10: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Spoilers changed to 50%.

I'm still at 5% but hopefully will get some more read this week.

message 11: by Justin (last edited Oct 09, 2017 04:46AM) (new) - added it

I read the rest of the way to 25% and it got boring again and is continuing with that into the next section. Im maybe 30% in which is usually where i will drop a book if im not enjoying it. I will give this one to 50% though which i should reach today at work if i dont get too bored and quit.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments I'm at @40%, but having already read this one before, some things are coming back to me. I completely agree with Justin though, I'm now begin reminded of how LOOOONG and drawn out so many of the scenes were.

message 13: by Justin (new) - added it

This is the first one i have joined in awhile so i hate to do it but even with it being read to me i cant get through this one. Im going to have to drop out and call audible to return it for my credit back

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Justin wrote: "This is the first one i have joined in awhile so i hate to do it but even with it being read to me i cant get through this one. Im going to have to drop out and call audible to return it for my cre..."

Well, with the Halloween season, and so many books out there, I don't blame you for not wasting your time with one that doesn't interest you. I'm trying to get in a few "new" ones that are haven't been sent to me for review purposes, just to branch out.

message 15: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Spoilers changed to 75%.

I'm not much further on with this. I'm enjoying it but I'm busy painting and renovating my place to sell so not doing too much reading. :(

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments I binge read and finished it--I have it marked (paperback) to the 75% point though for conversation when someone else gets there. :)

message 17: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Spoilers changed to 100%.

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 600 comments Still loved how parts of the book all came together at the end, but somehow felt a little "less satisfied" with the ending, this time around... Maybe just me at the time??