Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Building Evolutionary Architectures: Support Constant Change
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > Paperback version needs updating

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Kua (thekua) | 4 comments Patrick Kua
Rebecca Parsons

Hello,

It'd be great to get this paperback version updated to reflect the same details as the kindle. It'd be great to get the author and imagery up to date.

Thanks.

Patrick

message 2: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 2284 comments Added cover and additional information from Amazon

message 3: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Kua (thekua) | 4 comments Thanks. Could you please add the author co-authors too.

message 4: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 2284 comments I already added both co-authors.

message 5: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Kua (thekua) | 4 comments Thank you. I only see Neal listed as the only author for the paperback book. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Maybe it takes a while to update. Thnaks

message 6: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments I can see both. I would suggest that you force a full reload of the page (Ctrl+f5 on Windows) as it seems that you are seeing an old cached version.

message 7: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Kua (thekua) | 4 comments Great. Seems to be working on the phone now. Thanks

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 12 comments The bio for Paul Brunton for all his books should be changed to:
The one in A Search in Secret India should read: "Paul Brunton was a British philosopher, mystic, researcher, and adventurer. He left a journalistic career to live among yogis, mystics, and holy men, and studied a wide variety of Eastern and Western esoteric teachings. With his entire life dedicated to an inward and spiritual quest, Brunton felt charged with the task of communicating his experiences to others and, as the first person to write accounts of what he learned in the East from a Western perspective, his works had a major influence on the spread of Eastern mysticism to the West. Taking pains to express his thoughts in layperson's terms, Brunton was able to present what he learned from the Orient and from ancient tradition as a living wisdom. His writings sum up his view that meditation and the inward quest are not exclusively for monks and hermits, but will also support those living normal, active lives in the Western world. Paul Brunton continued to write after his final publication in 1952, and a portion of his large archive of original writings were posthumously published by Larson Publications in the 1980s as The Notebooks of Paul Brunton (in 16 volumes). The entire archive will soon be housed and available to read at the Cornell University Kroch Library, Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections."

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 05, 2017 09:26AM) (new)

Amy wrote: "The bio for Paul Brunton for all his books should be changed to:
The one in A Search in Secret India should read: "Paul Brunton was a British philosopher, mystic, researcher, and adventurer. He lef..."

Please repost in your own thread (this one is about a particular book, see header - Building Evolutionary Architectures) You can post here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group... (select new from upper right)

Also we need you to provide a link to the author or books you are talking about in threads.

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 12 comments Corinne wrote: "Amy wrote: "The bio for Paul Brunton for all his books should be changed to:
The one in A Search in Secret India should read: "Paul Brunton was a British philosopher, mystic, researcher, and advent..."

I do not know how to post my own post for my book. How do I do this?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

look at msg 5 again. I gave you a link to follow. Then it should be a matter of clicking on new topic.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.