Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

General Chat > Kindle Trade In

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 3976 comments Mod
Came across this and at the moment it appears to be just on Amazon.com.
You can trade in your old Kindle and get an Amazon gift voucher to use towards a new one.

Read all about it on Amazon's page at https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&...

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments Well I just ordered a kindle!!!

Went to Halifax and dragged my iPad and iPhone ... iPad so I could read a book on kindle app

On return,decided I needed something a lot smaller and lighter than iPad for reading ....so ordered from Amazon.

Since I have no idea what is best...... I just ordered what came up on Amazon as recommended

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary C | 173 comments Congratulations! What did you buy?

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments Gosh Mary! I don't know! It's a model SY69SL but now I am seeing ones that talk about high def and light

Should I send back and upgrade??????

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments Hi resolution not definition!

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments For crying out loud! The one I ordered doesn't work with the online library!!!! I should have gotten a kindle Fire, which does

I am confusing myself!!!!

Should I send this one back? I do read library books but not a lot (because they aren't heavy on the genre I like ).

Help? Whats your recommendation

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary C | 173 comments Well, I have a Kindle and am able to read downloads from our library, NetGallery and (obviously) Amazon purchases. I don't have a tablet of any sort. So I don't know about weight/size of the iPad you have but bear in mind that the Kindle Fire is a tablet as well and weighs more than a Kindle. If you're reading for long periods of time or want to simply have less to lug around, weight might be an issue. I have a laptop for work/home use to surf and I don't currently have a need/desire to stream content, hence no tablet (yet). So when I wanted an e-reader, I went for the straight Kindle (I have the Voyager but would probably go for "just" a paperwhite if I had to do it over again).

I guess it depends on what you want from your device.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments So so I need the light feature of the paperwhite!

message 9: by David (new)

Weight is not an issue with most tablets and e-raeaders.

The major differences between kindle paperwhite and oasis is they are black and white but you can read in direct sunlight and you can't surf the net as well.
The Fire is colour and will let you surf the net and read just like an
e-reader but it is poor to read in direct sunlight.

I have a Fire as I use it as a tablet as well and catch up on the sport, news and on here as well from it.

It is personal choice Beth.

message 10: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments No, not "light" as in weight......light as in illumination. I see one can purchase a lamp attachment but I can't see putting that in my carry one as well!!!!

I will start with this one and if illumination is an issue, I will move up to the paper-whatever

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary C | 173 comments Mine has the illumination and I rarely use it but it is nice to have when I want it!

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments Good to know Mary!!!

message 13: by David (new)

Beth wrote: "No, not "light" as in weight......light as in illumination. I see one can purchase a lamp attachment but I can't see putting that in my carry one as well!!!!

I will start with this one and if ill..."

Right got it.
In that case Mary the Kindle Fire has a back light in it and you can adjust brightness. One of reasons I got one was for that so I can read in bed using the backlight and no lights on in room disturbing anyone else.

message 14: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments Well I have to jump in somewhere and it's going to be this one, the one minus the light. I can't think of where I would use one without room light. I switch to Audible books at bed time.

If it turns out I have guessed wrong ..... Christmas is coming. LOL!

Thanks for your help, everyone

message 15: by David (new)

Beth wrote: "I can't think of where I would use one without room light. "

Ahh age I'm afraid Beth. It comes to us all and then all we want is a book, hot chocolate and some peace and quiet.
Now if you were still 20 my dear I bet the places where and what you could there in the dark would be endless. lol.

message 16: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 568 comments So true, David.