Wanderlust Challenges discussion

Resources > Challenge Help

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan, Moderator (last edited Oct 22, 2017 01:10PM) (new)

Jan | 11198 comments Challenge Help

Need some challenge help?? Let us know!!

message 2: by Patrizia, Contributor (new)

Patrizia | 932 comments I've a question...
For the Canada's Capital there is this request: Read a book that has a building with spires on the cover. A cover as this one is good? Two Down, Bun to Go by H.Y. Hanna

message 3: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11198 comments That works for me Patrizia! Those are definitely spires :)

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (an80slady6886) | 532 comments Patrizia wrote: "I've a question...
For the Canada's Capital there is this request: Read a book that has a building with spires on the cover. A cover as this one is good?Two Down, Bun to Go by H.Y. Hanna"

Patrizia - I just finished one of H.Y. Hanna's other books, Dark, Witch & Creamy (Bewitched by Chocolate #1) by H.Y. Hanna Dark, Witch & Creamy. I've never known anyone who read her,

message 5: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11198 comments That looks like a cute one Kathryn!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Kathryn wrote: "Patrizia wrote: "I've a question...
For the Canada's Capital there is this request: Read a book that has a building with spires on the cover. A cover as this one is good?[bookcover:Two Down, Bun to..."

I have both books on my TBR... are they any good?

message 7: by Patrizia, Contributor (new)

Patrizia | 932 comments I'm reading both Hanna's series and I like both very much. I recommend them.
With a book from the "Oxford Tearoom Mystery" series I can take part in three challenges ... Whow!

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam | 184 comments I've checked the rules section and I can't find the answer so I'm asking here. Can we ignore A, An and The at the beginning of a title in spell outs?

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2018 04:59AM) (new)

Sam wrote: "I've checked the rules section and I can't find the answer so I'm asking here. Can we ignore A, An and The at the beginning of a title in spell outs?"

Usually, you can, and usually it's in the rules as well.. do you mean a particular challenge?

message 10: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11198 comments Hi Sam - you can choose to use them or ignore them!! Either way is fine.

message 11: by Jan, Moderator (last edited Jun 09, 2018 08:43AM) (new)

Jan | 11198 comments I did just check and it was listed in the challenge rules of all the challenges except the capital city spell-outs. I added it to those so there in so confusion. Thanks for bringing it to my attention Sam :)

message 12: by Sam (new)

Sam | 184 comments Jan wrote: "I did just check and it was listed in the challenge rules of all the challenges except the capital city spell-outs. I added it to those so there in so confusion. Thanks for bringing it to my attent..."

Ah that explains it. That's one of the areas I checked. Thanks for the reply and sorry to be a pest.

message 13: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11198 comments Not being a pest at all Sam!! Glad you reached out for clarification.

message 14: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 386 comments I have a question about tasks requiring a main character whose name starts with a particular letter. Could the main person featured in a nonfiction book (like a biography or travel memoir) count, or does character have to mean fictional character?

message 15: by Jan, Moderator (new)

Jan | 11198 comments Hi Bryony! It does not need to be a fictional character. It can be the main person featured in a non-fiction book.

message 16: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 386 comments Great, thanks Jan! :-)

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 192 comments If I DNF a book after the 150-page mark, may I still count it for challenges Wanderlust? I am not going to keep wasting my time on a book I'm not enjoying, but I did make it to page 154 before stopping.

message 18: by Jan, Moderator (last edited Jul 07, 2021 05:32PM) (new)

Jan | 11198 comments Sure Andrea - as long as you more than the page limit. Which is only 100 125 pages here in Wanderlust.

message 19: by Jan, Moderator (last edited Jul 07, 2021 05:33PM) (new)

Jan | 11198 comments Oops! It's 125 Pages!!! But you are still good!

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 192 comments Thanks so much, Jan! I hate DNFing books, so it very rarely happens for me. I just wanted to make sure I understood the group rules on it. Thank you!