SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Member showcase H through M > Adam Martin: Sci-Fi & Fantasy Author

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam Martin | 16 comments Hello,
I've just published "Xenoman," my first novel. If you like stories about virtual reality, artificial humans, paranormal activity, and alien conspiracies, you might enjoy this one. I used to write for The Hunger Artists Theatre Company in Santa Ana, California (now defunct), where Philip K. Dick once lived, though I never did hunt down the exact location of his home. I switched from writing plays to writing novels for the same reason a lot of writers do: the story is in its final form for the reader's imagination.

I set up a Goodreads giveaway:https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

As well as a free Kindle giveaway on Amazon: https://giveaway.amazon.com/p/8423b82...

My website (still under construction): adammartin.site

Enjoy!

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Hi Adam, welcome to the showcase.

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments I didn't win your Amazon giveaway, but I've got your book in my sites seeing as I do indeed like all of those things.

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam Martin | 16 comments Hi Christina,
Thanks for the welcome. If you do get a chance to read it, hope you are entertained. Here's the Wattpad link, which I forgot to add, if you want to read it in serialized form: https://www.wattpad.com/story/1203527...

I'm adding a chapter a week (roughly), with some sort of graphic that goes with the story.

message 5: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 332 comments Congrats on your book and welcome to the showcase :)

message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam Martin | 16 comments Marie Silk wrote: "Congrats on your book and welcome to the showcase :)"

Thanks! Looks like fun.

message 7: by Lyra (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 533 comments Hi, Adam. I write sci-fi too, and I've also written plays (musicals.) Its nice to meet you! 😊

message 8: by Lyra (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 533 comments And I just saw one of your fave writers is Hermann Hesse! That's it. We were meant to be author friends! 👍😄

message 9: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 571 comments Mod
hi Adam! sorry for the late greeting. Welcome aboard. :)

message 10: by Adam (new)

Adam Martin | 16 comments G.G. wrote: "hi Adam! sorry for the late greeting. Welcome aboard. :)"
No problem. I've been busy myself. Thanks!

message 11: by Adam (new)

Adam Martin | 16 comments Lyra wrote: "And I just saw one of your fave writers is Hermann Hesse! That's it. We were meant to be author friends! 👍😄"
Hi Lyra, I added your friend request. Sorry for the delay. Nice to meet you!

message 12: by Lyra (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 533 comments Adam wrote: "Lyra wrote: "And I just saw one of your fave writers is Hermann Hesse! That's it. We were meant to be author friends! 👍😄"
Hi Lyra, I added your friend request. Sorry for the delay. Nice to meet you!"

No prob. Nice to meet you too!

message 13: by Adam (new)

Adam Martin | 16 comments Thanks!