Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > November 2017 Nominations

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments This is the thread to nominate a book for Book of the month for Novermber 2017. Please make sure you read the rules before posting:

Please be aware that if you nominate a book and it is chosen as one of the three winners, you are expected to moderate/lead the discussion. You need to be able to at least check in once to twice a week to keep the discussion going.

The rules:
1) Authors aren't allowed to nominate their own books and your post will be deleted (feel free to post in the authors' threads on our site) and you might be banned from the site!
2) 1 book suggestion/nomination per person
3) First come, first serve. So whoever gets their nomination for a book in first, gets dibs on that book
4) A book in a series is fine
5) Please be mindful that recent books might not be readily available (yet) and be mindful that your suggestion is available in multiple formats. Please do NOT suggest books that haven't been published yet.
6) Please check that a book hasn't already been read by checking our unread section of the bookshelf (it's not a 100%, I'm working on it).

Please post a Goodreads link to your nominated book!! You do that by selecting "add book/author" above your comment and entering the book. That way it comes as either a cover or a highlighted link in your comment. Thanks

Nominations will run until October 21st, 2017 with voting following via a poll.

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin Sloane (martinjudo) The Night Gardener-- George Pelecanos

message 5: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 672 comments Mod
Tabitha wrote: "Garden of Lamentations"

Really enjoy Deb Crombie's stories also, Tabitha. Just finishing her 2nd in the series and wondering what took me so long to start reading this series :-D

message 6: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha | -2 comments Icewineanne wrote: "Tabitha wrote: "Garden of Lamentations"

Really enjoy Deb Crombie's stories also, Tabitha. Just finishing her 2nd in the series and wondering what took me so long to start reading t..."

Wonderful... All her books in this series are good..but what you will like most is how these two main characters evolve.... you want to see more of them and their lives and wish to see more.... So definitely go through the whole list... Although the books can be read individually, it is more interesting if you read them chronologically... Happy Reading 👍👍

message 7: by Barbara (last edited Oct 05, 2017 06:37PM) (new)

Barbara Schultz | 12 comments My suggestion is ...
Emma at Night

message 8: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Janice wrote: "The Werewolves of Winter"

Sorry, this doesn't appear to fit our group's reading genre. From the reviews, it appears to be more zombies and apocalyptic. Please let me know if I am wrong, otherwise please suggest a different book

message 10: by Janice (new)

Janice Richardson | 7 comments Chava wrote: "Janice wrote: "The Werewolves of Winter"

Sorry, this doesn't appear to fit our group's reading genre. From the reviews, it appears to be more zombies and apocalyptic. Please let me..."

Chava wrote: "Janice wrote: "The Werewolves of Winter"

Sorry, this doesn't appear to fit our group's reading genre. From the reviews, it appears to be more zombies and apocalyptic. Please let me..."

My apologies Chava.

message 11: by Janice (new)

Janice Richardson | 7 comments Janice wrote: "Chava wrote: "Janice wrote: "The Werewolves of Winter"

Sorry, this doesn't appear to fit our group's reading genre. From the reviews, it appears to be more zombies and apocalyptic...."

Would Darkness Creeps Forth qualify?

message 12: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1 comments The Secrets She Keeps by Michael Robotham

message 13: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Anaka (meaz7) | 63 comments The Dry by Jane Harper

message 15: by Suzy (new)

Suzy (goodreadscomsuzy_hillard) I nominate Magpie Murders. Just finished it and would love to discuss. Fabulous audiobook if others like to listen.

message 16: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Mary Ellen wrote: "The Dry by Jane Harper"
Sorry I came in before you, but if this wins, I'm happy to share mod rights. I can't get over how great this book was :) and set in my own backyard (kinda)

message 17: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments Suzy wrote: "I nominate Magpie Murders. Just finished it and would love to discuss. Fabulous audiobook if others like to listen."

This was a BOTM a few months back. Sorry

message 18: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Tremblay (danielle_t) | 2134 comments I nominate Heat by R. Lee Smith

Earth. A world quarantined since its discovery by the Far-Reachers of Jota's history. And where the fortunes of slavers and chemists have been made ever since.

It was to Earth that Kanetus E'Var, the son of Jota's most ruthless slaver, escaped to make Vahst, a powerful drug manufactured from the human brain. And it was to Earth that Tagen Pahnee, Fourth-ranking officer of the Jotan Off-World Security Fleet, was sent to bring the criminal back to justice. Neither of them could have anticipated that at that moment, E'Var's hunting grounds were experiencing the worst heat wave in years, triggering the Jotan breeding cycle in both males.

Home is not an option for either of them. Both are determined to find a way to work on this hostile planet, surrounded by humans, surrounded by dangers, surrounded by Heat.

message 19: by Danny (new)

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 135 comments I nominate Faceoff by David Baldacci Faceoff
Anthology by many extraordinary authors

message 20: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Tremblay (danielle_t) | 2134 comments Could you tell me why my book is not in the list of books for which we can vote?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.