Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Y is for Yesterday (Kinsey Millhone, #25)
This topic is about Y is for Yesterday
Archive - Group Reads > Y is for Yesterday - October 2017

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments This is the discussion thread for Y is for yesterday. Your moderator is Lisa

message 2: by Judith (new)

Judith | 15 comments I have just finished this and found it as good as all the other alphabet murders, Sue Grafton never disappoints. The plot is good, the characters interesting and is well worth the read.

Lisa Sorey | 16 comments Judith wrote: "I have just finished this and found it as good as all the other alphabet murders, Sue Grafton never disappoints. The plot is good, the characters interesting and is well worth the read."

I agree, Judith. This series has been interesting to follow over the years.

Lisa Sorey | 16 comments As much as I enjoyed this next to the last book in Sue Grafton's series, is anyone else dreading the fact that it will soon come to an end?

message 5: by Judith (new)

Judith | 15 comments Yes I am, I have been looking forward to her books for more years than I care to think of :-))).

Lisa Sorey | 16 comments I'm anxiously awaiting comments! Don't hold back! If you didn't like this book, tell us what bothered you. If you enjoyed it, please let us know some aspect you liked!

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1 comments I just finished this today after spending the last three days devouring it. So good! While it wasn't her best of the series (nothing compares to A, B and C, am I right?), it was expertly written as usual. Sue Grafton is a genius.

Lisa Sorey | 16 comments Megan wrote: "I just finished this today after spending the last three days devouring it. So good! While it wasn't her best of the series (nothing compares to A, B and C, am I right?), it was expertly written as..."
Megan, I liked the first few in this series best also. Do you remember when Kinsey cut her own hair with fingernail scissors/clippers? Kinsey is one of my all time favorite book characters!

message 9: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 108 comments I am so far behind on this series. I believe I am only I or J. So many people read this series. Kinsey is such a cooky character. What I’ve read so far I have enjoyed.

message 10: by Ron (new)

Ron (ronb626) | 3736 comments I'm still wondering what she'll do after "Z is for..."

Stephanie (quiltsrme) | 43 comments I finally finished this book. Had to wait for the audiobook from the library. Excellent book. I don't usually enjoy the jumps between past and present, but she did a good job. I'll be catching up with the rest of the series (I'm up to "c" now).

message 12: by John (new)

John | 2 comments I enjoyed this as much as any in the series, and glad to see the unfinished business from the last book all taken care of (well played, Ms. G - I thought Killer was going to be the agent of justice from the time he was introduced, and you finessed this admirably).

Two thoughts have niggled at me since finishing. The first is that I would have really loved to have read a scene of the unseen murder that took place. Granted, it had to be kept somewhat as a surprise (though I strongly suspected it), but I can't think of a murder that I could have enjoyed more!

Second, what happened to Troy? I liked him and wondered if F's parents had kept the video McGuffin under wraps at the end of the story, or if it had come out. It seemed that the police had it, but if so T (and B's) life would have become much more complicated, especially with the attitude of the Chief Detective toward Troy.

message 13: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Sorey | 16 comments Maybe the author will wrap up some of these loose ends in the final book........

message 14: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric Klein (wheelguyeric102963) | 13 comments Who is lisa?

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Sorey | 16 comments I just heard that Sue Grafton has died. Her daughter has released an announcement for the public. In it the daughter states that the Alphabet series will end with ‘Y.’ Very sad.

message 16: by John (new)

John | 2 comments Lisa wrote: "I just heard that Sue Grafton has died. Her daughter has released an announcement for the public. In it the daughter states that the Alphabet series will end with ‘Y.’ Very sad."

Yes, I saw this, too. A real sense of loss. I always pictured SG in my mind as being much the same age as Kinsey - even though I knew this couldn't be true. I'm just not ready for people to get old out my sight.

message 17: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 651 comments Mod
I'm in shock.....had no idea that she was ill.