Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

The Fourth Monkey (4MK Thriller, #1)
This topic is about The Fourth Monkey
Archive - Group Reads > Fourth Monkey, The - October 2017

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chava (new) - added it

Chava | 2788 comments This is the discussion thread for J.D Barker's The fourth monkey. Your moderator is Fredrick

Danielle Tremblay (danielle_t) | 2134 comments Even though I didn't vote for this book, I'll probably read it with you since the book I voted for wasn't selected.

Mackey (mackeylee) I'm in....I've read it once but I'm leading a discussion for our local book club so Im re-reading. LOVE this book!

Chris (cdavies1951) | 25 comments It is good! I just finished it for a book club, too.

Lisa Sorey | 16 comments This is another new author for me to try! There are several positive comments here, so I hope I like the book!

Mackey (mackeylee) Lisa wrote: "This is another new author for me to try! There are several positive comments here, so I hope I like the book!"
The author, J.D. Barker, is working with the nephew of Bram Stoker writing the prequel to Dracula. I'm in serious of him and his writing!

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 135 comments I love the 4MK's diary. ;)

Mackey (mackeylee) Danny wrote: "I love the 4MK's diary. ;)"
Me too! It really helps to get into his head and somewhat into his motives as well. I have to admit that he is my favorite "villan" in a really long time.

Mackey (mackeylee) The humor between the cops really set this book apart for me. Usually crime noir books like this are so dark, grisly and depressing and the main characters are depressed and dark as well, but here you have some of the wittiest banter I've read in a crime novel. It helped keep the book from becoming too much to handle.

message 10: by Ron (new)

Ron (ronb626) | 3758 comments I'm finding this book to be one that I'd like to read. Unfortunately, it is in neither my local library system or the digital system my library is a part of. One thing, though, the digital system. Library2Go, at least recognizes the title and I was able to recommend it. Just don't know how long that process will go on before it actually is available.

Mackey (mackeylee) Ron, I had to recommend it through Overdrive and then they got it fairly quickly. I also requested that my library borrow it from a larger city but Overdrive got it quicker. I live in the tiniest town imaginable. 🙄 Good luck!

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 135 comments Mackey wrote: "Danny wrote: "I love the 4MK's diary. ;)"
Me too! It really helps to get into his head and somewhat into his motives as well. I have to admit that he is my favorite "villan" in a really long time."

You should give a try to Heat by R. Lee Smith Heat. Kane is really THE villain. ;)

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 135 comments 67% done. And I still love it. :D

Mackey (mackeylee) Danny wrote: "Mackey wrote: "Danny wrote: "I love the 4MK's diary. ;)"
Me too! It really helps to get into his head and somewhat into his motives as well. I have to admit that he is my favorite "villan" in a rea..."

LOL - I like to keep my villains from planet Earth. We have enough here to last my lifetime.

message 15: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Sorey | 16 comments Oh my! I just finished the book! The book got my attention from the start and kept it all the way through! This was a great choice for us to read. Now I have a new author to read.... If this first book is as good as the others in the series, I'm pretty sure I'm addicted!!!!!

Danny Tyran (danny_) | 135 comments READ! I LOVED IT!

Read my short review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1198 comments I've just started and it grabs you right away.

Mackey (mackeylee) It's in my Top Five reads for 2017. I loved it!!

My review is here:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I enjoyed discussing it with you guys!

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1198 comments I've finished and loved it. I can't wait for the next instalment. I just wish he would have let us know what happened to his mother.

Mackey (mackeylee) Linda wrote: "I've finished and loved it. I can't wait for the next instalment. I just wish he would have let us know what happened to his mother."

I wonder if we will get more about him and his past (or her even) in the sequels....

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 1198 comments I hope so

Danielle Tremblay (danielle_t) | 2134 comments Linda wrote: "I hope so"

Mackey wrote: "Linda wrote: "I've finished and loved it. I can't wait for the next instalment. I just wish he would have let us know what happened to his mother."

I wonder if we will get more about him and his p..."

Yes, there is an already published sequel, but it's not as good apparently, judging by the number of stars given to it. :( But who knows, maybe we'll love it anyway.

Sévérin Grimm (svrin) | 462 comments I've finished and loved it too.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Heat (other topics)