Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Book Cover Inaccuracy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicky Again (new)

Vicky Again (vickyagain) | 5 comments I noticed that the cover for Just Friends by Tiffany Pitcock Just Friends by Tiffany Pitcock has the old, tentative (pre publishing) cover on it, rather than the actual cover. On SwoonReads, they posted about the slight changes in the cover, and on the final version, the girl's shirt is red, not green. Here's a link to the Amazon listing.

message 2: by Vicky Again (last edited Oct 02, 2017 06:18PM) (new)

Vicky Again (vickyagain) | 5 comments I have a citing from the publisher's blog about how the cover was created and the changes they made from concept to final here as well as one of the book information here.

The reason why I brought this up was because I've followed along with the Swoon Cover Creation & publishing and noted how they adapted the cover that readers voted on to something new (the red shirt version) and justified the change. I found it contradictory that they would publish the cover that they didn't want to use and assumed the green-shirt editions are a mistake. Amazon and the publisher's website both display the red-shirt version, while other sources don't have a cover image available (Book Depository & WorldCat). I don't have a personal copy of the novel, and most of the advertisements on their social channels promote the red-shirt version.

I believed the green shirt edition was incorrect, but now I'm unsure of whether this is true.

Thank you for all your help!