I Love Young Adult Books discussion

Books > The Legend of Witch Bane

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevis (last edited Aug 09, 2009 02:25AM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (KevisHendrickson) Hello everyone. My name is Kevis Hendrickson. I have published a young adult fantasy book written in the vein of my favorite myths and fairy tales called The Legend of Witch Bane. It is the first installment of a 7-part series entitled The Witch Bane Saga. I am hoping fans of young adult fantasy books such as The Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter will check out my book and discover the many wonders contained within its pages. Here is the synopsis:

3 desperate children, a young boy and his two sisters embark on a dangerous quest to rescue their kingdom from a malevolent queen. Along the way, they learn that the only weapon powerful enough to defeat the queen's dark and terrible magic is an enchanted sword called Witch Bane. But the origins of the sword are clouded in mystery and has the potential to unleash a great evil into the world.

The dreaded queen will stop at nothing to thwart the children's search for Witch Bane and sends her powerful minions to destroy them. Not the least of her arsenal of weapons is her plot to destroy the children with treachery. It will take all the courage the children can muster to survive the terrors unleashed upon them. But will the children succeed against the powers of the dark queen? You'll have to get your copy of The Legend of Witch Bane to find out!

Editorial Reviews:

“The Legend of Witch Bane is a finely tuned, explosive page-turning fantasy story that will hold any reader's interest to the last page.”—Crystal Reviews

“If you loved Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, Grimms Tales, even far older tales lost in time then this tale has it all and will have you glued to its pages through every twist and turn.”—R.N. Hadley Book Reviews

“If you like fairy tales and legends you will love The Legend of Witch Bane.”—ReviewYourBook.com

Link to Amazon Kindle sales page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001...

Also available in eBook/paperback. Follow this link to purchase:

http://www.outskirtspress.com/thelege...

Thanks for your support everyone and enjoy.

The Legend of Witch Bane by Kevis Hendrickson

BONUS:

WATCH THE 30 SECOND TEASER BOOK TRAILER HERE:

http://www.goodreads.com/videos/show/...

message 2: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments WOW , that sounds like a good book!!

message 3: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (KevisHendrickson) Thanks for the kind words, Janeen. If you are interested, feel free to visit the following link so that you can read the first chapter of The Legend of Witch Bane. Hopefully, you'll like what you see and decide to check my book out. Enjoy! :)

http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/4...

message 4: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Thanks for the link! I'll read it right now!

message 5: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Wow that was good! I just finished it. Is the book in libraries yet?

message 6: by Kevis (last edited Aug 08, 2009 12:22PM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (KevisHendrickson) Janeen,

My book is only available in a few libraries right now so it might be a little difficult to get your hands on it that way. Normally, you would have to purchase it to get around the lack of availability in the libraries. However, if you would like, I would be happy to give you a free ebook copy of my book. That way you can read it for free. Would you like me to send you a free copy via email?

If you would like a free ebook copy of The Legend of Witch Bane, just send me a request with the heading "Witch Bane" at aragornisking@lycos.com. I'll be more than happy to send you the ebook after that.

message 7: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Um, well first I'd have to ask my mom. And what is ebook?

message 8: by Kevis (last edited Aug 08, 2009 12:30PM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (KevisHendrickson) Janeen,

An eBook is an electronic version of my book which allows you to read it on your computer. In fact, the version I will send you will allow you to print it out if you so desire. I assume that you are underage, so you really should ask your Mom if it is okay for you to receive my book via email. If your Mom says it is alright for me to send you my book, then I will do so. If not, then I understand.

message 9: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Ok. (Thank you for telling me what an ebook is!)

message 10: by Kevis (last edited Aug 08, 2009 12:48PM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (KevisHendrickson) No problem. Happy to help. By the way, if your Mom prefers that I send the eBook to her instead of you that would work too.

message 11: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments =)

message 12: by Kevis (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (KevisHendrickson) For a limited-time Amazon Kindle owners can download my fantasy novel The Legend of Witch Bane for only 99 cents. It's gotten a ton of great reviews from readers. So I invite you to visit the link below and download your free sample. Enjoy everyone! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U3YKRU

The Legend of Witch Bane by Kevis Hendrickson

P.S: Also available in paperback at Amazon and Barnesandnoble.com.

message 13: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 432 comments Thanks for telling us! Your book sounds cool!

message 14: by Kevis (last edited Jun 22, 2010 06:35AM) (new)

Kevis Hendrickson (KevisHendrickson) Thanks for the kind words. :)

message 15: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (spookybootique) That sounds like a great book. I hope it reaches my library or one nearby me. I'd definitely pick it up!