Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > New cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate Hughes | 6 comments Hi, can anyone help me? I'm not having much success through email, so I'll try on here! I really need to get rid of the old cover to my boo since it showed a photo of my sister on and she has changed her mind about being on the cover. I would really like to delete it. At the moment it is set to an alternative cover which I did a while ago. However I have a new cover which can be found here...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N3528Y...

Can you put this as my new cover and ensure its the only one that comes up on internet searches? Thanks, Kate Hughes

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Hughes | 6 comments Tim wrote: "Hi Kate,

I have not taken any steps to do any editing but wanted to reach out first. It appears the Alternate Cover Edition (ACE) with your sister on the cover was created last February and I pre..."

Hi Tim, thank you for your response. I understand that you can't delete the old cover. Yes please could you go ahead and create another ACE with the new cover on Amazon and yes you can go ahead and add the paperback edition but with the new cover please. As long as I can work out how to do it I will make the new cover the default cover! I just want to make sure the new cover shows up when someone looks for my book. Thanks for your help, Kate Hughes.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Hughes | 6 comments Thank you so much for doing that and I have set the new cover as the primary one. Can I ask how long it takes to take effect? I have just googled 'Home' and it's still showing the old cover (with my sister) and the Goodreads homepage is showing another different cover that I did initially of two hands!

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6178 comments Google may take awhile because GR can't influence how long Google caches their results.
But on GR itself you should see the new cover.
I do see one with red font and someone sitting on a bed

The cover with the hands you see is because you had shelved that edition as "currently reading"

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Hughes | 6 comments Tim wrote: "Kate wrote: "Thank you so much for doing that and I have set the new cover as the primary one. Can I ask how long it takes to take effect? I have just googled 'Home' and it's still showing the old ..."

Thank you, I really appreciate all your help.