Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Really Bad Day

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5500 comments Wow! Sadness abounds.

Las Vegas!

Tom Petty!

Puerto Rico!

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Isn't it awful? I couldn't go to sleep last night after watching the late news here in Australia. The scenes from Las Vegas were just horrific. I hope everyone based in the US didn't have any friends or family present.

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5500 comments My nephew and his wife lived in Las Vegas until just recently. I am hoping that all their friends and family are safe.

I'm reading that the initial reports of Tom Petty's death haven't been confirmed so I'm hoping that I will hear something different.

I've seen him in concert twice and have many great memories intertwined with his music.

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1182 comments No words.

message 5: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2756 comments A woman I worked with has a niece who was 'grazed' in the attack. I feel her relief that the girl wasn't hurt seriously, but I think the injury wil be more than just physical.

message 6: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8124 comments Jgrace wrote: "A woman I worked with has a niece who was 'grazed' in the attack. I feel her relief that the girl wasn't hurt seriously, but I think the injury wil be more than just physical."

omg! :-( So scary!

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8285 comments I agree - sad day and sad times. Let's count our blessings and hold our loved ones close.

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5639 comments Latest news feed says that Petty is "clinging to life" .... he's on life support at a hospital.

Terrible news re Las Vegas. 42 weapons! Seriously, WHO needs 42 weapons?! Nobody, that's who. And nobody needs even one automatic assault weapon.

message 9: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5500 comments Good bye, Tom! I'm going to miss you.

message 10: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7702 comments Seriously, is Tom Petty alive or not?!? I am so confused

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Nicole R wrote: "Seriously, is Tom Petty alive or not?!? I am so confused"

I think he passed away this morning

message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments It seems as though Tom Petty is truly deceased. So, so sad. I saw him in concert as an adult, and what a tremendous rocker he was.

Agree with you BnB - - just sad stories everywhere.

message 13: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I'm adding to the sadness. My dear Dad had a massive stroke this morning. 😢

message 14: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments Susie wrote: "I'm adding to the sadness. My dear Dad had a massive stroke this morning. 😢"

Oh nooooo! Susie, I'm so so sorry to see this news. Wish I could hug you through the computer screen somehow. Love love love to you and your family. Really hoping for the best for your father and thinking of you.

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1182 comments Susie- thinking of you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear this!

message 16: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1545 comments Susie wrote: "I'm adding to the sadness. My dear Dad had a massive stroke this morning. 😢"

I am so sorry to hear this news Susie. I’m thinking of you.

message 17: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) I'm so sorry, Susie. A big hug to you and your family.

message 18: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7702 comments Sorry to hear about your father, Susie.

message 19: by Chili (new)

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 110 comments I'm sorry Susie. Hugs to you and your family.

message 20: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5500 comments Susie wrote: "I'm adding to the sadness. My dear Dad had a massive stroke this morning. 😢"

Susie, I am so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and a recovery for your father.

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8285 comments Also wish I could hug you through the screen. All our thoughts are with you. Simply sending love.

message 22: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4911 comments Oh Susie, I'm so sorry about your father! Adding my good thoughts and hugs to you.

message 23: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Thanks everyone. Things aren't looking good for him right now. He probably won't be able to return home.

message 24: by Diane (new)

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Susie wrote: "Thanks everyone. Things aren't looking good for him right now. He probably won't be able to return home."

Susie, all my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

message 25: by Denizen (new)

Denizen (den13) | 1138 comments I'm so very sorry, Susie. Hugs.

message 26: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1266 comments I'm so sorry, Susie! *hugs*

I have family in Las Vegas. Fortunately, they weren't injured, but they have friends that were injured and killed. It's really hard for them.

message 27: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8124 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Seriously, WHO needs 42 weapons?! Nobody, that's who. And nobody needs even one automatic assault weapon. ..."

Agreed! :-(

message 28: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8124 comments Susie wrote: "I'm adding to the sadness. My dear Dad had a massive stroke this morning. 😢"

Oh, Susie! I'm so sorry. :'(

message 29: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5639 comments Susie wrote: "I'm adding to the sadness. My dear Dad had a massive stroke this morning. 😢"

So sorry to hear this, Susie. Praying for your Dad and your entire family and you navigate this new path. ((((hugs))))

message 30: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Susie wrote: "I'm adding to the sadness. My dear Dad had a massive stroke this morning. 😢"

I haven't been online much, just read this. I'm so very sorry.

message 31: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I've also been avoiding on-line. Susie, so very sorry to hear about your father.

message 32: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6923 comments Susie wrote: "I'm adding to the sadness. My dear Dad had a massive stroke this morning. 😢"

I am so sorry to hear this.

message 33: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Thank you everyone. Things are a bit grim but I have a close family so I feel very well supported.