Amazon Kindle discussion

Sales and Cheap Books > Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks PAF I

Comments Showing 1-50 of 3,048 (3048 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 60 61

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments This thread is being moved here from the Amazon forums, which are being shut down.

Before you post to this thread, please read this:

This thread is to post discounts and price drops that readers find for books from publishers (Note that by "publishers", we do not mean exclusively the Big 5. Use your judgement/common sense).

This thread is NOT a book promotion thread for authors (Goodreads has a place for that) or for posting about self-published books. It is also NOT a thread for freebies, the exception being the occasional free books from traditional publishers.

Please do NOT post comments that don't have a price drop as many people are tracking this thread through email.

Unless stated otherwise, the price drop is for US customers and may or may not apply to customers in other countries. If you're posting about a price drop outside the US, please indicate what country.

Price drops tend to be for a limited time only. If you're reading this thread for the first time, you probably want to skip to near the end.

It's also generally a good idea to double-check the past few days to see if the price drop has already been posted.

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments PAF--Post Amazon Forums :(

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments Peanuts Every Sunday Vol. 3: 1961-1965
$19.24 was $34.99

Since their original publication, Peanuts Sundays have almost always been collected and reprinted in black and white. But many who read Peanuts in their original Sunday papers remain fond of the striking coloring, which makes for a surprisingly different reading experience. The early- to mid-1960s strips in our latest volume houses the first golden age of Peanuts Sundays in one gorgeous, full-color book. Linus, Charlie Brown, Pig-Pen, Shermy, Violet, Sally, Patty, and Schroeder are all present, but the rising star is undoubtedly Snoopy. Peanuts Every Sunday: 1961-1965 has been scrupulously re-colored to match the original syndicate coloring ― allowing readers to plunge into Charles Schulz's marvelous world.

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Frank (cptspaulding) | 157 comments Guys and Dolls and Other Writings by Damon Runyon

Was $6.99. Now $4.99

message 5: by Keith (new)

Keith (fishdoc) | 3 comments The Black Hand by Will Thomas

now 3.99, was 4.99

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments The Holy Thief
by Ellis Peters
$1.99 was $8.99

Two groups seek refuge from the rain at Brother Cadfael’s abbey, bringing with them mystery and mayhem

In the chill, rainy autumn of 1144, two groups of visitors seek the hospitality of the Abbey of St. Peter and St. Paul, and Brother Cadfael fears trouble has come in with them. Among the first arrivals is Brother Tutilo, a young Benedictine with a guileless face and—to Brother Cadfael’s shrewd eyes—a mischievous intelligence. The second group, a ribald French troubadour, his servant, and a girl with the voice of an angel, seems to Brother Cadfael a catalyst for disaster.

All of Cadfael’s fears become manifest as rising floodwaters endanger the abbey’s most sacred relic, the remains of Saint Winifred. When the bones disappear and a dead body is found, Brother Cadfael knows carnal and spiritual intrigues are afoot. Now, in a world that believes in signs and miracles, Brother Cadfael needs his prayers answered—as well as some heavenly guidance to crucial clues—to catch a killer hell-bent on murder.

message 7: by Adam (new)

Adam Shields (adamrshields) | 55 comments Catholicism: A Journey to the Heart of the Faith by Bishop Robert Barron is $1.99 http://amzn.to/2hJm3xn - this is the lowest price to date. Most recently $10.99

This is a companion book to a video series. I have not seen the series, but the book is worth reading. My personal review of it is on my blog at http://bookwi.se/catholicism/ (I am a non-Catholic Christian and was looking for an introduction to Catholic teaching.)

Also George Marsden's A Short Life of Jonathan Edwards is on sale for $2.99 - http://amzn.to/2fOuSFK

My review http://bookwi.se/edwards/

message 8: by Judy1064 (new)

Judy1064 | 3 comments Running with the Demon by Terry Brooks

Was $7.99, now $1.99

message 9: by Definitude (last edited Oct 04, 2017 09:41AM) (new)

Definitude | 30 comments https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Change-...

Switch
by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
$1.99
was $9.99

#1 New York Times bestseller
Why is change so hard? This “witty and instructive” book by the authors of Made to Stick explains the psychological tensions that interfere with change, and techniques for turning things around (Wall Street Journal). 11,000+ five-star Goodreads reviews.
“Lively examples...an entertaining and educational must-read for executives and for ordinary citizens looking to get out of a rut.” —Publishers Weekly

How do you ust add the linked title, instead of both the url and the title?

message 11: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments Way Station

by Clifford D. Simak (Open Road Media Sci-Fi & Fantasy)
down to $1.99 from $8.94 save 78%

excellent book

message 12: by Steve's :::: (new)

Steve's :::: | 120 comments Just to make you all feel at home here, in the New Amazon, I am down voting the original poster, Mr. Faux Mustard.

message 13: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments Now that’s just mean! ☹️

message 14: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments wait, how do you down vote someone here?

message 15: by Miss M (new)

Miss M | 36 comments Nancy wrote: "How do you just add the linked title, instead of both the url and the title?.."

Click on "add book/author" above the comment box and then you can search and insert into your post.
(Hope that's what you meant!)

message 16: by Miss M (new)

Miss M | 36 comments CBRetriever wrote: "wait, how do you down vote someone here?"

No such thing! : )

message 17: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments Miss M wrote: "Nancy wrote: "How do you just add the linked title, instead of both the url and the title?.."

Click on "add book/author" above the comment box and then you can search and insert into your post.
(..."

yay!

message 18: by Adam (new)

Adam Shields (adamrshields) | 55 comments A Short History of Reconstruction is on sale for $1.99. I have not read this abridged version, but the longer edition. It is well worth reading.

message 19: by Adam (new)

Adam Shields (adamrshields) | 55 comments Kazuo Ishiguro won the Nobel Prize in Literature this morning. I have only read his Remains of the Day (which I loved) and Buried Giant (which I did not). These two just dropped this morning.

We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro for $5.99 http://amzn.to/2y1YeXt

And An Artist of the Floating World by Kazuo Ishiguro for $4.99 http://amzn.to/2fS4wm6

The rest of his books are around $11

message 20: by MG (new)

MG | 1 comments Thank you, Mean Mr. Mustard, for creating this thread.
Signed,
A loyal lurking reader

message 21: by Norwenna (last edited Oct 05, 2017 10:31AM) (new)

Norwenna | 12 comments The Illusion of Separateness by Simon van Booy. $1.99, was $7.99

In The Illusion of Separateness, award-winning author Simon Van Booy tells a harrowing and enchanting story of how one man’s act of mercy during World War II changed the lives of strangers, and how they each discover the astonishing truth of their connection.

Whether they are pursued by Nazi soldiers, old age, shame, deformity, disease, or regret, the characters in this utterly compelling novel discover in their, darkest moments of fear and isolation that they are not alone, that they were never alone, that every human being is a link in an unseen chain.

The Illusion of Separateness intertwines the stories of unique and compelling characters who—through seemingly random acts of selflessness—discover the vital parts they have played in each other’s lives.

message 22: by Clarice (new)

Clarice | 2 comments The Elfin Ship (Balumnia Trilogy Book 1)
by James P. Blaylock
$0.99 was $7.49
The Elfin Ship

message 23: by Definitude (new)

Definitude | 30 comments Miss M wrote: "Nancy wrote: "How do you just add the linked title, instead of both the url and the title?.."

(..."

Thank you very much Miss M.

The Farfarers: Before the Norse
by Farley Mowat
$1.99 was $9.99

Were the Vikings really the first Europeans to reach North America? Discover the story of the ancient Alban people in “a provocative, alternate version of history written by a master storyteller” (New York Times).

message 24: by Duodentes (new)

Duodentes | 26 comments Mariner (H-M-H)
The Ponder Heart
Eudora Welty
$2.99, was $9.99

message 25: by Jayne (new)

Jayne | 469 comments Montpelier Parade

Was $10.98, now $.99

message 26: by Kyle (new)

Kyle | 11 comments Thank you Mustard for doing this!

Poor Unfortunate Soul: A Tale of the Sea Witch

Was $9.99 Now $.99

Disney's The Little Mermaid book from Ursula's point of view.

message 27: by Kyle (new)

Kyle | 11 comments Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes

Was $9.99 now $2.99 (just dropped)

message 28: by Sandie (new)

Sandie | 1 comments Thank you Mustard for starting this discussion. I can't imagine what my mornings would have become if I could no longer check on discounted books.

message 30: by Mean Mr. Mustard (last edited Oct 06, 2017 07:15AM) (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments The Big Front Yard And Other Stories (The Complete Short Fiction of Clifford D. Simak Book 2) by Clifford D. Simak
The Big Front Yard: And Other Stories (The Complete Short Fiction of Clifford D. Simak Book 2)
by Clifford D. Simak
$1.99 was $6.15

message 31: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments Mean Mr. Mustard wrote: "The Big Front Yard And Other Stories (The Complete Short Fiction of Clifford D. Simak Book 2) by Clifford D. Simak
The Big Front Yard: And Other Stories (The Complete Short Fiction of Clifford D. Simak Book 2)
by Clifford D. Simak
$1.99 was $6.15"

how do you get the image and not just a link?

message 32: by Teddygrace (new)

Teddygrace | 18 comments (aka teddygrace)

Weird-o-pedia: The Ultimate Book of Surprising, Strange, and Incredibly Bizarre Facts About (Supposedly) Ordinary Things 1.99.

You can never have too much useless information.

Thanks, Mean Mr. Mustard. You're not so mean after all.

I see some Am names I recognize. For those of us coming from AM, does it seem best to use our Am names in these groups? Is there any way to have different names in different groups? When/if you change your name, do all your previous posts get changed too, like in the "other" place? As anybody who knows teddygrace knows, there will be lots of Q. Goodreads is still very confusing to me.

Thanks all.

message 33: by Teddygrace (new)

Teddygrace | 18 comments The Worm at the Core: On the Role of Death in Life $1.99

"This transformative read explores the theory that unconscious fear of death lies at the heart of nearly all human behaviors, from buying flashy cars to falling prey to bigotry."

message 34: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments "how do you get the image and not just a link? "

When you click on add book/author, at the bottom there is a choice to add link, or cover. If you choose cover, the picture links to the book.

message 35: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments Celia wrote: "(aka teddygrace)

...I see some Am names I recognize. For those of us coming from AM, does it seem best to use our Am names in these groups? Is there any way to have different names in different groups? When/if you change your name, do all your previous posts get changed too, like in the "other" place? As anybody who knows teddygrace knows, there will be lots of Q. Goodreads is still very confusing to me."

I think it's up to you which name you want to use. I changed my name to my Amazon nickname so that people would know me. If you change it here, it changes it on everything, past and present.

message 36: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments I use my Amazon user name

message 38: by Jay (new)

Jay (jaydubbayou) Shelly Laurenston Bundle $2.99
I don't know how much the 4 book bundle was originally but I do know that each book sells for around $5.99.
Shelly Laurenston Bundle: Big Bad Beast, The Mane Event, The Beast in Him

message 39: by Jay (new)

Jay (jaydubbayou) Sins of a Wicked Duke
by Sophie Jordan
$2.49 was $7.99

message 40: by Sligo McKluge (last edited Oct 06, 2017 11:43AM) (new)

Sligo McKluge (sligo_mckluge) | 392 comments Travels in Hyperreality by Umberto Eco
Travels in Hyperreality by Umberto Eco, was $10.49, now $1.99.

Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Travels-Hype...
B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/trav...

message 41: by Sligo McKluge (last edited Oct 06, 2017 02:03PM) (new)

Sligo McKluge (sligo_mckluge) | 392 comments The Canon A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science by Natalie Angier
The Canon: A Whirligig Tour of the Beautiful Basics of Science by Natalie Angier, was $9.99, now $1.99.

Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Canon-Whirli...
B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-...

message 42: by Charlie Fox (new)

Charlie Fox | 2 comments Was 7.99 now 1.99 The Ugly Duckling by Iris Johansen

message 43: by Sligo McKluge (last edited Oct 06, 2017 03:11PM) (new)

Sligo McKluge (sligo_mckluge) | 392 comments The Spellsinger Adventures Volume One Spellsinger, The Hour of the Gate, and The Day of the Dissonance by Alan Dean Foster Spellsinger (The Spellsinger Series, 1) by Alan Dean Foster The Moment of the Magician (The Spellsinger Series, 4) by Alan Dean Foster The Paths of the Perambulator (The Spellsinger Series, 5) by Alan Dean Foster Midworld by Alan Dean Foster To the Vanishing Point by Alan Dean Foster The Damned Trilogy A Call to Arms, The False Mirror, and The Spoils of War by Alan Dean Foster The Icerigger Trilogy Icerigger, Mission to Moulokin, and The Deluge Drivers by Alan Dean Foster
Sale on science fiction by Alan Dean Foster:

* The Spellsinger Adventures Volume One: Spellsinger, The Hour of the Gate, and The Day of the Dissonance, was $9.99, now $2.99. Amazon B&N
* Spellsinger (The Spellsinger Adventures Book 1), was $4.61, now $0.99. Amazon
* The Moment of the Magician (The Spellsinger Adventures Book 4), was $4.99, now $1.99. Amazon
* The Paths of the Perambulator (The Spellsinger Adventures Book 5), was $7.55, now $1.99. Amazon B&N
* Midworld, was $6.99, now, $1.99. Amazon B&N
* To the Vanishing Point, was $6.15, now $1.99. Amazon B&N
* The Damned Trilogy: A Call to Arms, The False Mirror, and The Spoils of War, was $8.99, now $1.99. Amazon B&N
* The Icerigger Trilogy: Icerigger, Mission to Moulokin, and The Deluge Drivers, was $9.99, now $2.99. Amazon B&N

This was also a test to see how may book covers one can add to a post. Also testing to see how many links are allowed in one post. (Answer: it allowed 22 links above, while the limit on Amazon discussion forums was 10.)

Question: Is it enough to simply include the Goodsreads link (the cover image is the link), since one can then link to Amazon or other book vendors from the Goodreads page?

message 44: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments Sligo McKluge wrote: "The Spellsinger Adventures Volume One Spellsinger, The Hour of the Gate, and The Day of the Dissonance by Alan Dean Foster Spellsinger (The Spellsinger Series, 1) by Alan Dean Foster [bookcover:The Moment of the Magician|1..."

If I could make a suggestion--Each person can control what vendor links they see on a book page with their settings. If you only have in your post the Goodreads link, you can have more book links because you don't have to put multiple links for each book. Just a thought.

message 45: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments it's a little difficult to see what the book is with just the cover (writing is sometimes too small)

Red Adam's Lady by Grace Ingram
Red Adam's Lady

Pre-order

by Grace Ingram, Elizabeth Chadwick (Chicago Review Press)
down to $9.99 from $13.99 save 29%

message 46: by Mean Mr. Mustard (new)

Mean Mr. Mustard (scotticus) | 346 comments Right but it appears you can do eight book covers, and eight external links. If you do a link for Amazon and for Barnes and Noble, for example, that takes you down to four books.

message 47: by Definitude (last edited Oct 06, 2017 08:23PM) (new)

Definitude | 30 comments CBRetriever wrote: "it's a little difficult to see what the book is with just the cover (writing is sometimes too small)"

On my Firefox (browser on PC laptop), if I set my mouse on the cover, I get a little tool tip-like thingy that pops up with the title. Does it do that on your browser, phone or tablet?

(How do I confine the italics to only the quoted part of my post, and not to my own comments? Thx in advance.)

message 48: by Definitude (new)

Definitude | 30 comments The Fur Person
by May Sarton
$0.99 was $1.49

Not a recent price drop, but a fun read anyway.

message 49: by CBRetriever (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments Man Overboard
daily deal for $1.99 today

message 50: by CBRetriever (last edited Oct 07, 2017 06:24AM) (new)

CBRetriever | 438 comments Definitude wrote: "CBRetriever wrote: "it's a little difficult to see what the book is with just the cover (writing is sometimes too small)"

On my Firefox (browser on PC laptop), if I set my mouse on the cover, I ge..."

I think it works if you put your cursor below the text by two lines (testing - aha it works) rather than hitting enter after the end of the quote

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 60 61