The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

FUN & GAMES > SRC Badges

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laure (new)

Laure (goodreadscomlaure) | 460 comments I have just discovered the joy of badge collecting for reading challenges!

As SRC is my main challenge throughout the year, I decided to make a set of badges for this season's challenge (Fall 2017).
Find them at this location:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

To add badges to a post is very easy:
- copy/paste this formula in your post:
<*img src="PASTE URL HERE"height="100" width="100"*>
- right click on the badge you want to add to your post
- on the menu, click on 'copy image location'
- delete PASTE URL HERE and paste the image location URL in its place
- delete the two * before you click edit on your post
Et voila!

You can tweak the size of the badges by increasing/decreasing the number 100.

message 2: by Shanna_redwind (last edited Oct 02, 2017 04:53PM) (new)

Shanna_redwind | 654 comments The badges are gorgeous. I like collecting badges too, so I'll probably put the ones I earn on my Challenges board to admire.

message 3: by Ann A (new)

Ann A (readerann) | 887 comments That's a fun idea. The badges ARE gorgeous.

message 4: by Laure (new)

Laure (goodreadscomlaure) | 460 comments Thank you!

message 5: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2495 comments Lovely designs.

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3671 comments They are lovely designs, but ... sorry ... I just hate this idea. To me it just clutters the page. Sorry to be a party pooper. But y'all go ahead and have fun with this.

message 7: by Laure (new)

Laure (goodreadscomlaure) | 460 comments Book Concierge wrote: "They are lovely designs, but ... sorry ... I just hate this idea. To me it just clutters the page. Sorry to be a party pooper. But y'all go ahead and have fun with this."

I understand. I made these for people who are already collecting badges. My collection is on a separate group/thread somewhere in GR. I won't put the badges on here. :)

message 8: by Brigia (new)

Brigia | 4 comments I love the badges - what a great idea. Thank you!

message 9: by Justme (new)

Justme | 258 comments Where do you put them? I think they are lovely, but wouldn't know what to do with them.

message 10: by Laure (last edited Oct 11, 2017 09:45AM) (new)

Laure (goodreadscomlaure) | 460 comments Justme wrote: "Where do you put them? I think they are lovely, but wouldn't know what to do with them."

I have a badge thread on another group page. I do other challenges there. :D
... or you could create a 'group' for your badges. I am thinking about that actually.

message 11: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) | 493 comments I collected badges on another book site tgat went defunct. I think the name was Leafmarks. It was fun. The badges were collected by how many books you read in different genres.

message 12: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4543 comments Mod
Thanks, Laure! The badges are very pretty.
If anyone wants to collect these badges we've added the SRC Badge Collecting thread in this folder.
It's a place to share.

message 13: by Laure (new)

Laure (goodreadscomlaure) | 460 comments SRC Moderator wrote: "Thanks, Laure! The badges are very pretty.
If anyone wants to collect these badges we've added the SRC Badge Collecting thread in this folder.
It's a place to share."

Great idea, thanks. :)

message 14: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele Burns (klibrary) | 1692 comments Thanks, Laure,

I collect badges on blog page where I keep track of the challenge. It's just for me, but I love decorating it with badges!

message 15: by Tess (new)

Tess (tessavanessa) | 1317 comments I love the badges. Will you be making more for the upcoming challenge?

message 16: by Laure (new)

Laure (goodreadscomlaure) | 460 comments Tess wrote: "I love the badges. Will you be making more for the upcoming challenge?"

Yes, I am planning too. All about animals!:D

Lost Planet Airman | 179 comments Laure wrote: "Tess wrote: "I love the badges. Will you be making more for the upcoming challenge?"

Yes, I am planning too. All about animals!:D"

Hey, Laure! Awesome fun idea!
I'm ready for my Winter 2017 Badges… well, ready when _you_are!

message 18: by Tess (new)

Tess (tessavanessa) | 1317 comments I'm looking forward to them as well!