The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Just Joined today 8--7-09

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 19 comments Well as the header states I just joined. This is the biggest group I have joined since becoming a member of Good Reads and hope I will be able to keep up.

I am a 38 single parent in Florida. I have an internet based business I run from home. I have an adopted teen son who is 16. He is a member on Good Reads now too since he has the same love of reading as I do.
In addition the boy have several critters that are just as much my kids as he is. The cat is the baby of them all at about 2 years but he thinks he is a dog. The dogs are 17,14 and 5.
I have loved reading for as far back as I can remember. I read a variety of things and will get into phases where I read lots on one topic or book type for a while before switching to something else. Right now am on a history kick and love historical fictions especially on the Tudor time period.
I am looking forward to adding to my to read list from being a member here.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 215 comments Hey Wen and welcome. This group may seem big, but it feels small. Just jump on in & have fun with us.

message 3: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Wen!! I'm a little behind on the historical fiction, so I'll love to look at your list!

message 4: by Avigail (new)

Avigail (avigailr) Wen welcome to the group. You will see that little by little your TBR list will get bigger and bigger. Enjoy the group.

message 5: by scherzo♫ (new)

scherzo♫ (pjreads) Welcome, Wen.

message 6: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi Wen!

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Hi Wen.... nice to meet you! THanks for joining and dont be afraid of the size. Really, we are as small as a close knit family, with lots and lots and lots and lots of close knit relatives!!

message 8: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 19 comments Thanks for all the welcomes. I have already been having a ball going through all the categories and posting some commments here and there. So far is a great group to me.

message 9: by Darcia (new)

Darcia Helle (darciahelle) Hi Wen! I am in Florida as well, in the Tampa Bay area.

message 10: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Wen! If you get a chance you should tell us about you pets in the "Pets Thread". There are a ton of animal lovers in this group! Welcome!

message 11: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 524 comments Hi Wen, and welcome to the group! If you like historical fiction, may I recommend The Other Boleyn Girl. It was a little too scandalous for me, but if you like the Tudors time period, then you might like this book too :)

message 12: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 19 comments Bhumi wrote: "Hi Wen, and welcome to the group! If you like historical fiction, may I recommend The Other Boleyn Girl. It was a little too scandalous for me, but if you like the Tudors time period, then you migh..."

Bhuni
I have read the Other Boleyn Girl and liked it but it did get a little more racy that I thought was needed. So far my favorite book about Ann Boleyn has been
Brief Gaudy Hour It is much more mild but tells the story well and has Mary Boleyn too. Very well written.

message 13: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 19 comments Edith wrote: "Hi Wen! If you get a chance you should tell us about you pets in the "Pets Thread". There are a ton of animal lovers in this group! Welcome!"

Will check it out. Thanks

message 14: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 524 comments Wen wrote: "Bhumi wrote: "Hi Wen, and welcome to the group! If you like historical fiction, may I recommend The Other Boleyn Girl. It was a little too scandalous for me, but if you like the Tudors time period,..."

Thanks, Wen. I'll look into it.