Christian Ladies Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
General Member Discussions > Vote for our Next Book!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
Hello ladies! We have finished reading Funny Girl by Nick Hornby. That means it is now time to vote for our next book to read. I have made the poll and will be leaving it open for 2 weeks. After that 2 weeks when the book is decided, everyone will have about 2 weeks to purchase the book that is chosen. I'm really excited to find out which book we will be reading next! Will it be The Chance by Karen Kingsbury, or Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers? Don't forget to put your vote in!

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela | 145 comments Mod
I voted the same :) Although, Karen Kingsbury is one of fave authors. I read The Chance and it is a good book.

message 3: by Britnie (new)

Angela wrote: "I voted the same :) Although, Karen Kingsbury is one of fave authors. I read The Chance and it is a good book."

I've never read any of Karen Kingsbury's work before. She seems like an author I would really enjoy. I want to check out some of her books. I'm trying to find different Christian Authors so we're not reading books by the same people all the time.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 145 comments Mod
Britnie wrote: "I've never read any of Karen Kingsbury's work before. "

I highly recommend the Baxter series. It is a long series, but I had a hard time setting it down. She has a writing style that is fairly quick to read and easily pulls you into the story.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Esparza | 119 comments I would be interested in reading The Chance but my vote is going to be for Leota's Garden. I haven't read it yet and I LOVE Francine Rivers. Maybe we can do The Chance after?
I am still reading Funny Girl, but it has been a very slow read. I'm just not into the storyline or characters. I am definitely looking forward to getting into another book.

message 6: by JanetW (new)

JanetW | 9 comments have you voted yet? i have both books ... i think my preference for a group discussion would be Leota's garden. it is one of my favorites & would love to see it in this group. :) :) :)

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hart | 4 comments Leota's Garden

message 8: by Janel (new)

Janel Eure | 28 comments Are we supposed to vote here or on the other page? I clicked on the book in the poll?

message 9: by Britnie (new)

You did it right. You click on the book in the poll.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.