1×1+ RPs discussion

1×1's > Mel and Kate Kid

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Going to work is usually something that people dread on doing. They hate taking the long walk or car ride to a place where they really don't want to be.

That's different for Muse A and B though. The two of them don't know one another, they had never talked to one another, but they always are walking in the same direction every single weekday. Muse A is always behind Muse B and though they usually aren't that far away from one another, Muse B always ends up able to cross the street before Muse A gets stopped by that annoying orange hand telling them not to cross, and then, the cars move, cutting the two off.

Just like every single day....

One day, Muse A is walking down the road, and... Muse B isn't there. They start to wonder if they're sick, but of course, have no idea where they live or who they even are, so it doesn't worry them too much. They just hope they're back tomorrow.

As A approaches a street, suddenly they hear running behind them. They pause and look back only to see Muse B flying by them and across the street calling out, "Sorry, couldn't break my streak!"

And when you are about to answer, you see that damn orange hand and cars blocking your path from your racing buddy. You swear that tomorrow, you're going to talk to them...

... And that's where we start.

Requirements
~ Detailed, at least a paragraph
~ Can be MxM or MxF (I prefer MxM, however.)
~ I can play either role here.
~ Romance is a must.
~ I do go to PM for sex scenes and all that, but if you're not comfortable with it, don't worry, we don't have to.
~ Taken from a Tumblr post that for the life of me, I can never find again.

I like posting the plot to begin with and then I can base my character from there. We can do MxM if you prefer that, and I'm happy that romance is a must haha. Should we start with character profiles?

message 2: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Yup! Which one do you want?

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Can I be B?

message 4: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Sure thing! :)

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Do you want to make your profile first, or should I? Mine are pretty detailed haha

message 6: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Hmmmm.... Can you make yours first? I'm at school right now so it'll take me a bit. :)

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Huntsman
Time of Birth: 12:04pm
Place of Birth: Hospital
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Date of Birth: July 21st

Appearance:

(view spoiler)
Face Claim: Dylan O'Brien
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Skin Tone: Pale
Weight: 147lbs
Height: 5' 8"
Distinguishable Markings: None

Personality:
"I don't care, okay? I don't care what you have to say, I don't care what you think of me. I don't care." Scott has grown up knowing not to care, and has realized that most friendships don't last. People are very stereotypical, and he's used to it. He rarely had any friends at primary school, and mainly classed as the 'school bully'. Of course, this wasn't true, was it? He can be cold and mean towards people, but he can loosen up and become friends if they realize that it takes a while for him..
Pet Peeves:
●People biting their lips
●Fakeness
Habits:
■Rolling his eyes
■Sarcasm

History:
It's the typical "my mum and dad didn't want a child but oops they've got me and then they didn't want a boy, they wanted a girl and oh look they have one and now they're going to ignore me while they are fond of my little sister" story with Scott. Oh, and the fact that his very first girlfriend in high school decided to throw him into three years of constant bullying be framing him for the suicide of her brother. That's it. He's not telling you any more. No matter how much you annoy him. Or pester him. Unless he's so fed up that telling you will stop all the questions. God, the questions.

Family:
Mother: Damela Huntsman, 43
"As if she bothered to take care of me. If she did, then I wouldn't be in this mess, would I?"
Love: 2/10 ♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
-She worked down by the lake, collecting fish to sell
-She never loved her son and always neglected him

Father: Smith Huntsman, 47
"He was nicer than my mother but still obviously didn't like me, yet I never even spoke to him."
Love: 3/10 ♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
-Skinned fish for a living
-Held a grudge against his son

Sister: Cecelia Huntsman, 14
"Okay, so she was too young to help in any way, but I think she sided on my mum and dad's side more than mine.."
Love: 4/10 ♥♥♥♥♡♡♡♡♡♡
-Helped her mother with the fishing
-Preferred her parents to her brother, even though they shouted at her a lot

Past/Current Relationships: One, lasted for six years
Relationship Status: Single
Past/Current Occupations: Fisherman for 'Hunstman & Co.', student

Fears:
♡Being attached to someone and not able to let go
Strengths:
▲Being rude
▲Swimming
▲Running
▲He couldn't care less what people thought of him
Weaknesses:
△He uses sarcasm too much
△Heights

message 8: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Kay. I'm stuck between a few characters for him.

Do you want a cool acrobatics dude that has a more... happier life? Like, he might have dyslexia but that's it.

Or a dude who's like, just out of an abusive relationship and is working on building themselves back up into being confident in their ability to be... themselves? Along with like, getting into their hobby of figure skating? (He would work at a family flower shop.

Which one would you rather have? Or do you have any other ideas?

(ALSO: I don't watch much TV so like, have any actor ideas you might like to see with him?)

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Ah yay glad you like it haha.

Both sound cool, I like the abusive relationship though, as that could be the thing they connect with about each other, even if it is a bit morbid! Hm.. Dominic Sherwood could be a good match! :)

message 10: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Sweetness. I do love using that character. Idk if the face weeks for him but it might. I'll have to look at some gifs and stuff. I'll finish him by the end of the day. :)

message 11: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments He's such a blessing *-* hahaha. Yeah! No worries :)

message 12: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Do you mind when people just write out the description of what their characters look like instead of pictures?

message 13: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments I mean you can write it out but one picture of anyone would be great so when I'm describing them it's easier, but if you can't find one then I don't mind :)

message 14: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Alright. Sounds good. I may have a picture similar enough for him. :)

message 15: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Okay! That's fine (:

message 16: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments
First Name: Korrin
Middle Name: Jasper
Last Name: Allen
Nickname: Kore

Time of Birth: 1:52PM
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Date of Birth: August 9th

Appearance:

Face Claim: Mika Kailes
Hair Color: Brown sugar
Eye Color: Jade
Skin Tone: Tanned from working in the sun.
Height: 5' 9"
Distinguishable Markings: He has a few scars on his arms and legs from his boyfriend "teaching him" how to act. He also has a cute mole right under his right eye that's level with his skin.

Personality:
"There's beauty in everything in the world, sometimes... it's just hard to find." Korrin is a pretty happy guy when he's around family. He always has a soft smile on his face and his voice is soft and caring. He is great with customers and is probably a customer favorite to the company. He is very family oriented and would do anything for his parents and siblings. He is happy with his work and often flirts with some of the customers that come into the store, though, most of it's just friendly since he flirts with both men and women (him only liking men).

Behind this more pleasant outer layer, on the inside, Korrin is a very scared man. He's terrified of falling in love because of his past relationship. He's jumpy and is constantly suffering with self doubt. He honestly doesn't see himself as anything more than a waste of oxygen and space. He cries, he has PTSD, he's always on edge... But... No one really knows that besides his close family, and even they don't know all of it.
Pet Peeves:
● Yelling
● Popping knuckles
Habits:
■ Plays with his fingers when nervous
■ Flinches

History:
Korrin was the second born in the Allen family, two minutes behind his sister Mary. The two were raised by two loving parents that cared for them both equally and gave them all the love and the care that they could possibly ask for. The two of them grew up in a very interesting situation with their parents having one of the biggest local flower shop in the world. They helped with the flower shop through their childhood and into their teenage years, and still do now.

In the past few years though, things changed. Korrin used to be an amazing figure skater who had the potential of going pro... When he was about to make his break into the senior league, he messed up in a spin and landed wrong, breaking his leg which caused him to have to take a hefty break. During this low time, a man named Brian came along and picked Korrin up and coaxed him into a relationship. And when he was so deep into it... The abuse started. It's only been about two months since Brian was caught and arrested, and Korrin is still trying to get back on his feet.

Family:
Mother: Kaitlin Allen, 49
"She's loving and always there for me. She always has my back and is always understanding. #1 mom!"
Love: 9/10 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡
~ Makes the boquets
~ Is a mother to everyone that comes into their lives

Father: Morgan Allen, 56
"He's like my best friend. He's always a team player and is the protector of the family."
Love: 8/10 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡
~ Cuts most of the flowers into the right lengths, heavy lifting, and customer support.
~ He's the one that everyone goes to when they have an issue.

Sister: Mary Allen, 19
"She is the biggest pain in the ass who's constantly nagging in my ear.... But she does it because she cares... And because most of the time it's teasing."
Love: 7/10 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡♡
~ She helps with customer service
~ She is his best friend and his partner in crime

Brother: Aren Allen, 5
"He's pretty cute. He likes helping out and I like teaching him how to make flower crowns. He's annoying when he cries and breaks things, but he makes up for it by being adorable."
Love: 8/10 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♡
~ He makes flower crowns that they give to little children when they come in
~ He's just the embodiment of cuteness overlode

Past/Current Relationship: Single right now, just got out of an abusive relationship about two months ago.
Relationship Status: Single
Past/Current Occupations: Works at Allen's Floral

Fears:
♡ Falling in love
♡ Falling for someone who will harm him agian
Strengths:
▲ Being kind
▲ Making others smile
▲ Hiding his true feelings
▲ Makeup
Weaknesses:
△ Any loud noses. At all
△ Maluable

message 17: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Oooooh I like it!! Are the flowers symbolic? haha

message 18: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments He works in a flower shop and him blooming into who he is instead of being stuck is also in there. XP

message 19: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Haha I like it. So, do you want to start?

message 20: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Sure thing!
~~~~~~~~~``

It was early in the morning and, just like normal, Korrin was heading to the flower shop. He had a stylish trench coat on that was a light brown that almost matched his hair color, bit not as shiny. It was getting chilly as the time went on as they headed deeper into fall weather. He breathed out softly though... He did realize one thing out of the ordinary. The guy that he usually walked behind wasn't there today. He was confused on why. He had been there every single day for months now, if not a year. He tilted his head a bit to the side, wondering if the boy was sick, or if maybe he was visiting family... He just hoped that he was alright and not in the hospital or some sort of accident happened. Hey, maybe it was the opposite and he actually was having a nice relaxing day off.... But, Korrin didn't think too positively anymore.

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Shit. Shit shit shit. His hands ran through the pile of clothes on his floor, desperately trying to find his phone. It was ringing loud and clear through his room, but in order to turn it off, your kind of need to know where it is. Scott didn't. The annoying sound turned off, and he sighed. He flopped back onto his bed and stared at the clock on the wall. The hands were pointing at nine and six. He was already fifteen minutes late. There was no way he'd get out and manage to miss the lights telling him to stop.. was there? Still, he had to try. The ringing started again and he stuck his hands into the center of the clothes pile. He upturned every top, shirt, pair of jeans and single sock that he could find. After what seemed like ages, he dug out his phone and quickly answered it.

"Yes- hello," Scott breathed, to immediately be greeted with yelling from his mum. "What did I do to deserve this?" He laughed, his heartbeat slowing but still going quickly. His joke wasn't taken well. "Woah, yeah. Okay. Sorry, I couldn't find- I wouldn't not be- Yes! Yes, God mum. I'm coming. I'll- I didn't say- ugh. Fine. You too." His phone clicked off before he could even bring it down from his ear. He rushed to put his shoes on his feet and after lacing them clumsily, he ran out of his flat, down the stairs (because taking the lift just wouldn't suffice) and round the corner of the street.

His feet were moving quicker than he could handle, and whilst he was moving he was trying to tie his apron round his back. The long straps just kept hitting his bare arms, and he was instantly regretting to not put on a jumper. He just had to hope his mum would let him go back in the 10 minutes break he got for lunch. There went his dinner. Still, Scott kept going and he could see the busy street. The lights were still at green, which was good. He could do this.

message 22: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments There were a few birds chirping, and a few people on the streets. It wasn't that normal for people to be out this early, after all. Only bakeries, florists, or really any personal and family stores that opened this early. He would have been awake and at the store forty five minutes ago, but ever since Brian made him start going later so he could cook him breakfast and his parents told him to keep the hours so he could sleep in a bit... He had been going in at seven. He didn't mind it too much, but he did wish he could go and set up the flowers with them... But they wanted him to heal and said they'd be happy to let him come in early again when he was more healed, so he just went with it....

As he walked he thought about all the things he was going to have to do today. He would have to refill all the empty ribbons, tie up bows of all different kinds and put them on display, then tie them on if someone wanted one. They were running low on ribbons so his parents would probably send him out to a craft store today and get more. Which was fine with him... Then he'd take his brother to school that started at eight about a half an hour after he got there. He did it so his parents and sister could stay with the shop, plus he enjoyed spending time with him....

After that, it's be customer service for awhile until Mary went and got their brother from school- his thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone running down the sidewalk. His eyes widened a bit and he felt his body go ridged and cold. He clenched his teeth and his mind was racing. He started to try and break calmer, to rationalize with himself that nothing bad was going to happen. Brian was in jail. Brian was in jail. He couldn't hurt him anymore.... He turned his head shakily to behind him, trying to see who it was.... And he relaxed... It was the boy that was usually in front of him. That always beat him to the street. It was like a race between the two that Korrin was fine with losing.

message 23: by Mel (last edited Oct 11, 2017 10:40AM) (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Just a few more long strides to go, and he'd be crossing the road before the usual taxi pulled up and tried to delay him. It was the same every day. He had to make it before the taxi, or the lights would go green, and he'd risk having to run in front of traffic in order to make it to work on time and not receive a yelling from his mum. The people were in different orders today, because he wasn't where he needed to be at the right time.

Today just wasn't his day. The coffee shop on the side of the road was busier than normal, and this wasn't right. It wasn't meant to be like that. There wasn't meant to be a line, because there weren't meant to be that many people. Although, this could be down to the fact that he hadn't made it on time. He rolled his eyes into his head and instantly regretted it. His shoulder went pounding into someone else's, and Scott looked up to see this broad-shouldered man with a very red face looking down at him. Hot coffee covered his arms and he stopped in his tracks. "I am so sorry," he rushed, frantically looking to see if the taxi was there. "Here-" his hands fished into his back pocket and he brought out a $5 note. "Take this, and buy yourself another. The deepest regrets," Scott's voice was shaking, and his body was burning from the heat of the drink. "Keep the change, treat yourself. Got to go- sorry again!"

He carried on down the street, panting and trying to rub the liquid off his arms which only made them burn more. His eyes were on his body, not on the people in front, and he went tumbling, once again, into someone else. Luckily, they had no drink in their hand, but he seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. Scott took in his light brown hair and his dark green eyes and didn't have time to process himself. His hands came in front of him as if to surrender, but he carried on going, yelling behind him, "Sorry! Couldn't break my streak!" Finally, he flew across the road, and made it to the other side before the taxi carried on its way.

message 24: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments (( Did he run into Korrin? Just to make sure because Korrin has green eyes. ;) ))

message 25: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments ((yeah! i googled jade and it game up with blue lmao, I'll change it haha. sorry! you can reply now ;) ))

message 26: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments (( Haha, alright, thank you. And there's blue jade? That's insane to me. ))

Korrin wasn't really expecting to get bumped into and his eyes widened slightly, his heart hammering in his chest as he sucked in a breath. He was shaking a bit as he looked forward, seeing the other man say that he was sorry, that he couldn't break his streak. So... Did he know he was? Was this really a race for him? He blinked and started to focus on his breathing, trying to calm himself down.

To help him, along with distress him, he had never seen the man's face before. It was always just his back that he saw every single day without fail. But now... he knew what his face looked like, and it was surprising. He had imaged a rather average man, but that wasn't the case. No, this man was above average that got his heart racing in a different way than out of fear. He... Liked how he looked. He was cute, and his voice was beautiful as well.

No. Stop. Korrin thought, closing his eyes as he tried to force the attractive man out of his mind. He couldn't gain some unfulfilling crush. Even if nothing happened with it, it was still a horrifying feeling after everything that happened to him.

He opened his eyes again, focusing on how many cars were passing to distract himself, and he waited for the walking sign to switch to telling him that he could walk, and when it did, he walked a little faster to work, wanting to get out of the open world and into the safer closed off area of the flower shop where only a select few went in....

message 27: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments He'd only stepped foot in the shop before his mum turned round and started babbling about how they needed new flowers because the ones in the back were making the whole room smell and that put customers off and that meant that wouldn't buy anything and that meant no sales and that meant extra time and- "Mum, I get it. I'll go buy some," Scott rolled his eyes and traipsed out of the shop, hearing the echoes of his mother yelling at him to hurry up as he needed to be back as soon as possible. As if he hadn't heard that one before, then ended up just sitting behind the counter because these days were so empty a snail could go in and out without getting crushed.

Anyway, he headed back down the road he had just hurried down and stepped into Allen's Floral. He'd been in before, but he hadn't bothered to look round. Since the day was already bad, he figured a 'queue' wouldn't make much difference. The shop was empty besides a person behind the counter. He'd seen that hair before. No- he'd seen that hair about two minutes ago. Scott turned round and busied himself in a shelf of pansies. Flowers had never been so interesting before. He willed the boy to not turn around, but since the bell had gone off when he entered, he figured that wasn't going to happen.

message 28: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Korrin got into the shop and he had been taking off his jacket and hanging it up, making sure that everything was in place behind the counter. His parents and siblings had set up the shop well already. The flowers were all fresh and cut nicely. They had also picked out all of the dying flowers and his little brother was behind the counter building some of his little flower crowns that they gave away for free whenever a child would come in as well. They weren't going to make any money off of it, and they thought it was better than throwing them all out. They weren't even that bad looking, just slightly wilted.

When the door chimed, Korrin smiled a bit, happy to have their first customer. If a person walked in pretty much at opening that meant that they were going to have a good day, right? He looked over at who it was, seeing someone looking at their pansies. Though, it was the person that caught him by surprise. He gasped slightly, but held himself pretty stable. He walked from behind the counter, ruffling his brother's hair a bit before he walked over. "Can I help you with anything?" he asked, putting on his mask, the person that people loved. The person that was charismatic and flirty.

message 29: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Scott grimaced as the boy's voice filled the air and he wished he'd never gotten out of bed that morning. He turned round, carefully plastering a fake smile onto his face. The eyes were the same- the whole face was the same. But the jacket had gone. "Er- I guess so," he answered, running a hand through his hair and untying the bow at the back of him. It was suddenly getting a bit too tight. "What type of bunches do you do? Like, bunches of flowers. Or- boo-kays or whatever they're called," Scott told him, looking back into the smiling face of the boy. It kind of made him sick.

His eyes wandered to the boy making little flower chains behind the desk and his mood left him, but only a bit. Did the boy really want to be there? Probably not. Was he forced to be there? Probably. Just like Scott. Forced to go to work to make a living. Though he doubted that the boy was being paid to look cute behind a desk that was too tall for him. He reckoned he was sat on the highest stool that they could find. "So, yeah." He broke the silence, turning back to the male. "Whatever looks good, I suppose."

message 30: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Korrin could tell that this man didn't know much about anything floral. He might know what a flower was and maybe what a rose and tulip was... But he didn't think he knew much more. "Well, what do you need it for?" He asked, tilting his head a bit. "We make any kind of bouquet of flowers." He said. "What's the occasion?" There were so many meanings behind flowers as well, and if he was trying to impress a special someone he thought he might be able to help with favorite colors and meaning behind flowers. Korrin knew exactly what he was talking about since he had grown up in this business.

The little boy was actually happy as he sat there behind the counter making the chains and then wrapping them around in crowns. His brother had taught him that, and like the other siblings, he loved working here, he loved making other people happy. The young boy was raised right and with love. If he didn't want to be here, he wouldn't be, because the parents understood people liked doing other things, like with their twins.

message 31: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments ((wooaaaah you're fast haha))

Scott furrowed his brow, then came to the conclusion that this shop was mainly for fancy events, such as weddings, or birthdays. He sighed and didn't really want to explain himself to this over-happy guy that wanted to satisfy all of his flower related needs. He shrugged and took a step back. This man was definitely invading his personal space. To say he'd only seen him once today, this once was becoming an awful lot. Did he work here every day, like Scott did? The same walk.. maybe if he were late tomorrow, would he be there again?

"I need flowers that smell in order to cover up dead fishes," Scott told him matter-of-factly. "Nothing special," he carried on, his eyes moving off the flower crowns and onto the shelves behind the counter. Numbers upon numbers of flowers, all piled together in different bunches, with nicely coloured labels hanging from the stalks. Scott wondered if this is what people saw when they came into his shop. Maybe, but they probably weren't as satisfied and overwhelmed by how neat it was. "Nice smells, though. I don't want to have to walk back there with dead haddock wafting up my nose." Scott made a joke in what felt like ages. His voice was light, but his face didn't smile like it usually would have done. He was pretty certain this day wouldn't get better.

message 32: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments (( Ditto to you. Haha. I actually woke up and did that on my phone, too.))

Korrin giggled a bit, his smile was timid and soft, nothing large like someone might give at a joke. His eyes closed as well, but there were no crinckles and creases saying the smile made it to his eyes. "I think I know what you need." He waved him forward as he started walking off to the side of the building and he picked up a few gorgeous flowers. He offered him three, one rose, one gardenia, and some lilac. "Do you like any of these?" He asked.

His hands were dainty and thin, his hand snot built for heavy work but to be more graceful and beloved. They were not calloused, they were not rough, were not thick or round like many man's fingers.

message 33: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments ((Really? Kudos to you. My thumbs would hurt haha))

Scott's nose turned up as the same of them hit his face. They strong enough, alright. He wasn't bothered about the appearance, but he figured his mum would be. He eyed up the bunch in front of him and raised his eyebrows. They didn't look too bad. "Yeah. They're nice," he turned and went to the desk, hoping this ordeal would be over soon. For the first time in a while, Scott was wishing - on his own accord - that he'd be surrounded by dead fish quickly. His hand dug into his back pocket and he felt his heart drop its way down his chest and into his stomach.

"Shit," he whispered, then his eyes darted to the young boy. What a great influence he was. "Sorry- I left my wallet at home, and the spare change that I had was spent on this guy and his coffee that I spilled," Scott babbled, realising he wouldn't be able to pay, and that he'd just wasted this guy's time. "Can I pay you tomorrow?" He rubbed his hands together, taking in how agile the other man's were. There were no imperfections on them, just perfectly smooth skin. He looked back down at his own, where the knuckles were rough and bloody from skinning the fish, and where his palms were sliced and bruised from receiving multiple bites. "I'll give you something that I need, so in return I'll have to come back anyway in order to get it. Deal?"

message 34: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments He blinked a few times when the man swore, something that the twins had been banned to do, and Korrin beaten out of doing. Though, he wouldn't swear in front of his brother anyways. "Oh..." He trailed off and nodded, "Sure." He said, smiling kindly at him. His face was more rounded, and he did have one blemish on his face, a dot right under his left eye. He had those bright green eyes and his brown hair that swept over his eyebrows.

He gathered enough flowers, "How many would you like?" He asked. "One? Or more?" He asked, not sure if he was decorating this horrible smelling place or just getting the one.

message 35: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Scott, once again, looked more confused. What the hell was this guy talking about? How many what? He just wanted flowers. He ran his hand through his hair and angled his body so he wasn't able to see the boy out of the corner of his eye. He often had a knack for being distracted by things he wasn't meant to. "However many you think's enough," he replied, recalling that he hadn't given the guy any facts about how big the room is, or how strong the smell of fish was. It was pretty goddamn disgusting. "That looks alright," Scott told him, holding his hand out to tell the man to stop, and accidentally running his fingertips of the male's knuckles. He didn't pull back quickly, then realised he'd had them there too long to look acceptable. "What do you want me to leave?" The question left his mouth before he had time to erase the feeling from his hand. "I can write my number and you can tell me tomorrow," Scott carried on, noticing he was babbling absolute crap out of his mouth.

message 36: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Korrin looked at his hand when it was touched and he felt his heart throbbed painfully in horror. He though, hid it. "Flirting huh? A number will be enough and your name." He said, smiling to the man, glad when he took his hand back. He fixed up the flowers so they wouldn't fall apart and handed it to him, writing up the tab and he slid a duplicate ticket over for the price. It was around fifteen dollars for it. It wasn't extravagant, after all, or made of too expensive flowers. So it wasn't as much as it could have been.

Eren looked up and saw the bouquet and tilted his head because it wasn't the most normal looking arrangement. It was pretty, since Korrin refused to do anything but gorgeous work.

message 37: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments His eyes shot down to the floor when the guy replied with that, and he wanted to leave then and there. He was in no way flirting. Scott took the flowers from him but almost dropped then when he heard the price. "The hell? Fifteen dollars? You've given me a bunch of five flowers and you want me to pay fifteen dollars for this shit?" He didn't care about his language now. Even though he was in a presentable shop, everyone had their backstories, and I bet if they were out on the street, this guy would most likely retort back. Still, Scott took the pen out of the pot on the counter and scribbled his name and number on the paper the guy had a copy of. To say he was a fairly ignorant guy, Scott took proud in his writing and tried to make it look as appealing as possible.
(view spoiler)

He returned the paper so that it was facing in front of the guy and placed the pen back into the holder. He rolled his eyes at the cost of the arrangement, and was pretty sure if he bought these, he wouldn't be able to eat for at least a week. "I'll see if I have the money tomorrow. If not, the best you'll be getting is gonna be around five to nine dollars." His hands placed the flowers back on the counter. "If I can't afford it, are you willing to negotiate something else?" His voice dropped and he rested his forearms on the brown wood.

message 38: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments "Usually bigger bouquets are around thirty to fifty." He put his hand on Eren's when he swore and he patted his shoulders after a second. "Why don't you go find dad and show him everything you did?" He said, smiling down at him.

Eren knew what this meant. So he took his work and walked off to the back and could be heard walking up the stairs in the back.

Korrin hated people who got angry so easily. It was horrifying and frankly unattractive. He looked at him, "I'll see what I can do. I don't own this place." He said. "My father does." He took the paper and put it into the cash register. He looked up at him, not feeling... Comfortable...

But to save him, a young girl walked down who looked very similar to him. "Hey." She said, waving to the man and she went behind Korrin, reaching for a ribbon from around him and pulling it. She was acting like she was working, but in reality, she was protecting.

message 39: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Scott rolled his eyes. Of course. This guy was a daddy's boy, wasn't he? Oh well, he wasn't really there to argue and just stood, waiting to see what his further options were. "Sure," he replied, not really caring who owned the shop. A few moments later a girl walked down the stairs and waved at him. He merely nodded back, expecting her to leave, but found that she stayed next to what he presumed was her brother. They were pretty much twins. "Do I need to do anything else?" Scott asked, flexing his muscles accidentally-on-purpose as he stretched behind his head.

message 40: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments "No. You're good." He said, seeing him flex and he turned his eyes away a bit, looking at his sister who was fiddling with some ribbons behind the counter, leaning on it. She actually didn't really look up at him, but she did have a dazzling ring on her left finger. "Thank you for stopping by." Korrin said, glancing down at Mary, knowing she was there for protection, and he appreciated it. He was sure in a few months he'd be able to deal with rude and loud customers again.

message 41: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments He nodded and turned to go out of the shop, but stopped by the door. "Any time you want me to come back specifically?" Scott asked, hoping that he didn't have some complex plan that would hold him up. But seeing the way everything was set out on the shelves, he probably would have. He didn't even get this guy's name, but he got Scott's name, surname and his phone number. There was no fairness in that whatsoever. In his head, Scott shrugged, but in reality he just stood, looking bored as can be.

message 42: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments "Just anytime tomorrow. We all work here every day." He said, not thinking it really mattered if he took the money or not because it was just a shop. Nothing personal. The man straightened out his purple apron, his name tag moving slightly along with it, saying his first name, but not his last name because it was up on the sign outside. He didn't really know what else to say to this guy, the business pretty much done.

message 43: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Why hadn't he thought of that before? Everyone that worked in shops wore name tags. Scott didn't, because anyone that came into his shop were regulars and knew him already. Besides, if they were new customers, they greeted them with their name and a hearty welcome with a smile that almost blinded the sun itself. He squinted to look at the guy's name tag then nodded with satisfaction. "Right. Gotcha, Korrin," Scott winked, walking out of the door and hurrying back down the road so his mum wouldn't make him work extra time more than he needed.

message 44: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments His heart twisted in a weird way. He didn't know if it was excitement to hear his own name or fear. It was so confusing. "Y-yeah. Have a nice day." He said, waving before he turned towards his sister, the two exchanging a look before both sighed. They didn't need to say anything, because they just knew what the other was going to say anyways. The two then went back to work, Korrin hanging up the receipt on the corkboard to the side so they would be able to see the when he came back in and not dig for it. His phone number was safely inside the cash registered though.

message 45: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments Scott had only just got to the front of the door of the shop when his mum had a face like thunder. "Where are those flowers?" Her ears were practically popping off her head, and he could almost see the steam forming from them. He placed his hand on the door handle, ready to be asked to go back and get them. He didn't have chance to say anything as she carried on talking. "Go back and get them. Don't come back until you have them." Scott rolled his eyes and was out the door before should could comment on his small actions.

message 46: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments By the time that that was all happening Korrin was putting on his coat again and buttoning it up, looking down at his brother who was doing the same with a Spiderman backpack hanging on his shoulders. Korrin always brought his brother to school, and the two started out the door, "See you in a bit!" Korrin called out.

"Bye!" Eren yelled back before the two started down the street.

message 47: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments He had barely made it ten steps out of the shop before he spotted the same hair. Again. Attached to the same head. With the same boy. And the same happy-go-lucky smile. Scott wanted to die. If he turned round, his mum would see him. If he carried on, Korrin would see him. Why is everything in life such a hell hole?

Scott crossed the street whilst keeping his head down, which resulted in a ton of car horns being honked at him as he carelessly held out his hand to signal them to stop. He safely made it to the other side of the road, but was pretty sure the loud beeping didn't help him keep a low profile.

message 48: by Kate Kid (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 1461 comments Korrin did look over, pulling his brother close to him since he thought something bad was about to happen. Though, he just saw the guy crossing the street. He blinked a few times in confusion before he patted Eren's back. "Come on." He said. He started to lead him away, but started to have a sinking feeling in his stomach. Why couldn't life just be easier?

message 49: by Mel (new)

Mel (melsheard) | 76 comments The fact that he had no money to begin with added to the problem that he was missing work hours, which meant he'd be making up for those tomorrow. He really couldn't be bothered with the events that were being thrown at him today. Could one thing go his way? Apparently not.

"Scott!" The all-too-familiar tinny voice of a very blonde, very perky and very beautiful girl rang through his ears. He carefully stopped walking and turned round to be faced with the one girl he really didn't want to see. The fact that it was the same day everything was going to pot just made it even worse. He didn't have time to act happy, but he wouldn't have bothered anyway.