General Fiction Forum Expats discussion

Lie to Me
This topic is about Lie to Me
Lie To Me Autumn 2017 read > Week Three Discussion "Spoiler Alert"

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (last edited Oct 02, 2017 09:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
Week Three
I know we've been behind so don't worry if you don't finish this week but I can't wait to chat about the book!!!!!

Okay wow!!!
Did you see that coming?

Talk about twists and turns, were there too many for you, not enough or was it just right?

Did you know it was Ivy before JT’s grand reveal?

Were these characters believable to you?
Why or why not?

If you could change something in the novel what would it be?

Fast forward five years and tell me what Ethan and Sutton are doing?

We'll chat about some more stuff later in the week

Here's the link to my review - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Ang from OZ | 1678 comments Just Finished.... .... didn't see that coming!!

Quick thoughts, Knew there was something screwy about Ivy though, and I was entertaining the thought she was the one who Ethan had slept with, when I was finishing section two.

I'll be back tomorrow with more thoughts once I've had some time to process! What a bonza read though, right?!!!! :)

Ang from OZ wrote: "Just Finished.... .... didn't see that coming!!

Quick thoughts, Knew there was something screwy about Ivy though, and I was entertaining the thought she was the one who Ethan had slept with, when ..."

wow Ang I didn't have a clue about Ivy and Ethan

And yes didn't see that coming at all!

Ang one question did your feelings toward Sutton change or do you still dislike her?

Anyone ready to chat about week 3?

Ang from OZ | 1678 comments Yes, I'll post my thoughts later this afternoon when I finish work. Sorry for the delay!

Ang from OZ | 1678 comments Sorry for the delay in posting week 2 and week 3, gee I can't remember a time when things have been this crazy!

Okay let's get down to it.

Did I see that coming, Lmfao no way!! I did cotton on to the fact the Ivy was the one that Ethan was unfaithful with before that was revealed. But nope I didn't work out it was Ivy until the very last minute. I knew there was something "off" about her from early on in the story.

I think there were just enough twist's and turn's for me to be comfortable with the story line. I have read a few physiological thriller this year, and a few of them made me want to tear my hair out because there were just too many! But I think JT got it spot on, it was definitely nerve racking trying to work out who Anonymous was! I was so worried everyone would figure it out and that I would be the only one who didn't know!

The characters were in parts a little unbelievable to me, Ivy's level of crazy but yes I suppose there are people that crazy out there, and a few things with Sutton. I had problems with her character for the most part. And even in the end although I did like her more I didn't feel all that warmed to her. But I was happy to read that she was pregnant and that her and Ethan could work their relationship out in the end of the story.

I don't think I'd change a thing!

Fast forward five years... I think Sutton and Ethan would have sold their house and moved to a different town to start a fresh. Too many bad memories in the old house, especially that marble!! Ethan is back to writing and publishing books again after dumping his old agent and finding a new one. While Sutton is taking a break from writing and enjoying being a Mother! Although she is tossing around a idea of writing children's stories.

Ang from OZ wrote: "Sorry for the delay in posting week 2 and week 3, gee I can't remember a time when things have been this crazy!

Okay let's get down to it.

Did I see that coming, Lmfao no way!! I did cotton on to..."

I love your thoughts Ang and your right about sometimes thriller authors have so many twists, turns and roadblocks that I just want to go to the end and find out whodoneit. And I also agree that JT got it right.

As far as believability goes I don't think she took Ivy too far, look at the many serial killers that looked "normal" to the everyday eye and until the investigators started folding back the layers there were only small clues.

I LOVE your fast forward :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

What is everybody's take on the ending?

TarHeelGirl00 wrote: "What is everybody's take on the ending?"

I personally love the ending, there is a finality to it that gives the romantic in me the closure I need and there's just enough cliffhanger to satisfy the mystery/thriller lover in me.

how about the rest of you?

Ang from OZ | 1678 comments Same Deb, I felt there was enough closure to the ending. I was a little surprised to find out that Ivy wasn't in fact Suttons daughter though.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Ang from OZ wrote: "Same Deb, I felt there was enough closure to the ending. I was a little surprised to find out that Ivy wasn't in fact Suttons daughter though."

I agree, but I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something with Josie.

Ang from OZ wrote: "Same Deb, I felt there was enough closure to the ending. I was a little surprised to find out that Ivy wasn't in fact Suttons daughter though."

Yeah but I was also glad

TarHeelGirl00 wrote: "Ang from OZ wrote: "Same Deb, I felt there was enough closure to the ending. I was a little surprised to find out that Ivy wasn't in fact Suttons daughter though."

I agree, but I'm trying to figur..."

TarHeelGirl I don't think you're missing anything I just think that Sutton found her real daughter and is keeping secrets, AGAIN ugh