message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5381 comments Mod
Ezi & Denise - Lost and Found

message 2: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lemme know when you want to start!

message 3: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16189 comments Mod
I’d like to start around Monday or Tuesday.

message 4: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Works for me! Do you prefer to do a schedule thing or just go for it at whatever pace suits us?

message 5: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

I think we should just comment as we go on the chapters. I mist admit that I’m looking forward to this book. I’m about to work out but later today I’ll jump in

message 6: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Cool. I'll get started on the first few chapters and try to contain myself so I'll only read a few at a time and don't just speed through the whole thing in one go. :D

message 7: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alright, I'm six chapters in, so time for first impressions.
I'm having a bit of trouble getting into it to be honest - I'd have liked a little more build-up before getting the drama shoved in my face, and a little more opportunity to get attached to the characters first. So far, I'm not an overly big fan of either of them, though perhaps they'll grow on me as the story goes on. Also, not so keen on the dual first person POVs. I wish their voices sounded a little more distinct, at least.
Oh well. Let's see where it goes.

message 8: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Denise wrote: "Cool. I'll get started on the first few chapters and try to contain myself so I'll only read a few at a time and don't just speed through the whole thing in one go. :D"

As long as your comment as you go, feel free to speed through. My kids have off today and tomorrow from school. So we are swimming right now and tomorrow we are doing the Texas State Fair. So that's why I am on a slow pace.
Wednesday will be my free day to read

message 9: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

I managed a couple more chapters for now, more tomorrow - time to go to sleep over here.
(view spoiler)

message 10: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ch. 9. Sheesh, that Aiden guy is a grade A jackass. Can we kick him down a ravine, pretty please?

message 11: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ch. 12.
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ch. 13.
(view spoiler)

message 13: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ch. 16.
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ch. 20.
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Oct 10, 2017 03:31PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

I’m back from the fair. I just met Aiden, Bennett and Xander.
This hiking trip isn’t going to end well!

Ch 1-3:
Xander is still very angry after 15 yrs, huh? Now, I have to figure out just how he was betrayed and what that has to do with Xander’s dad.
I do think Aiden is an asshole. I get that he’s trying to protect Bennett but his flirtation is making matters worse.

Plus now the 3 adults are exposing the kids to their romantic drama

message 16: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ch. 4: Bennett apologizes and Xander cuts him off saying that he doesn’t care. Really? You are acting like the biggest douche and you claim you don’t care?

message 17: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Chapter 6: I think Xander was wake. He talked, noticed things like the tone and desire in Bennett’s voice. He opened up the sleeping bag etc.
I wouldn’t call this DubCon. Is Xander sleepy, exhausted? YES is he unaware: No. I think he was aware

message 18: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

I do find this book slow to develop and I’m not engaged yet. I think Xander is just so angry

message 19: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ezinwanyi wrote: "Chapter 6: I think Xander was wake. He talked, noticed things like the tone and desire in Bennett’s voice. He opened up the sleeping bag etc.
I wouldn’t call this DubCon. Is Xander sleepy, exhauste..."

He was half aware at best, he thought it was a dream. It's kinda iffy IMO. Either way, it was a ridiculously stupid idea.

message 20: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

I don't understand why Bennett is being held responsible for the things that happened to Xander.

It's not his fault Xander's mom left them financially unable to maintain their lifestyle and his father had to work for Mr. Bennett. Surely there are a lot of other places Xander's dad could have worked but chose to work for Bennett's dad.

Bennett shouldn't be penalized for being rich or having means. He didn't really treat Xander differently, even if the father did.

If he was such a great best friend and fucked up, how long does Xander need to forgive the only person who cared about him besides his dad? Isn't 15 years enough? This guy protected Xander from other people, gave him shoes, food, friendship and love. This grudge is beyond me.

Aiden is like the girl who is best friends with a guy because she wants more but he doesn't. He is resentful but he hangs close enough so he can swoop in if there is the slightest opportunity given to him.

message 21: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Oct 11, 2017 06:50AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Chapter 12-13:
So...an encounter in the woods even though they got all those boys running around the camp/wilderness?

We are about halfway into the book, and all I know is that Bennett closed the door when Xander needed him (when Xander's dad died).
I hope that isn't all it is because I will be pissed.

message 22: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

... yep. The whole thing just seems so overblown. I mean, I get that at that moment it was terrible and all, but after 15 years and the guy falling all over himself to apologise and whatnot? Come on. People do stupid, shitty and occasionally very hurtful things when they're teenagers, but surely there comes a point when you get over it. Just let it go and move on, for fuck's sake. How emotionally immature are these guys?!

message 23: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aiden took Bennett's virginity? This is a clusterfuck.
Aiden isn't there to help. He was there to encourage Bennett to get over Xander so Aiden can finally have Bennett.

I am sorry to report but I am not enjoying this book and I already bought book 2 :(

message 24: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Well, they are kind of made up now, and I am soooo disappointed in this book.

the issue with the treatment of rich people and Xander's grudge wasn't enough to create a drama this huge. I wanted a lot more substance to the hurt feelings.

BTW, Bennett calling Xander's cock an anaconda made me roll my eyes.

Bennett needs to get counseling for his grief, consider looking for his mom or something. He has really been a douche

message 25: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Okay, I finished. I didn't enjoy this one. Did you?
I already bought Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1) by Lucy Lennox :(

message 26: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

I meant to continue it today, but I just couldn't be bothered... Tomorrow though. I will force myself to not give in to the lure of more promising reading material (not all day, anyway) and try to finish this. So far, I'm also hovering around a 2-star rating, and it doesn't sound like it's going to get any better from what you said... *sigh*

I haven't read anything else by either of the authors before... you never know, maybe it'll turn out to be a pleasant surprise? One can only hope.

message 27: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Oct 11, 2017 10:38PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Denise wrote: "I meant to continue it today, but I just couldn't be bothered... Tomorrow though. I will force myself to not give in to the lure of more promising reading material (not all day, anyway) and try to ..."

Absolution (The Protectors, #1) by Sloane Kennedy was really good. I highly recommend it.

But no, this book never really got better for me. I had been looking forward to it but it didn't leave up to my expectations at all.

I don't think you should force yourself to come back to this one.

message 28: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Oct 12, 2017 04:17AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yes, I've had my eye on that one for a while!

As for this book, I refuse to be beaten by it! :D I can count the books I abandoned halfway through on one hand, something would have to be truly atrocious for me not to finish it. I'll get this thing done... sooner or later.

message 29: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Denise wrote: "Yes, I've had my eye on that one for a while!

As for this book, I refuse to be beaten by it! :D I can count the books I abandoned halfway through on one hand, something would have to be truly atro..."

I try to finish stories. I started one that I can't finish right now Shadow Reaper I am not in the mood for rope/BDSM play

message 30: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

I managed an entire 7 chapters today! It is definitely not getting any better, but at least I'm persevering.
Good grief, the anaconda thing... that has got to be one of the most ridiculous pieces of dialogue in a sex scene ever. I mean... WTF? How does one even come up with this stuff?

message 31: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Denise wrote: "I managed an entire 7 chapters today! It is definitely not getting any better, but at least I'm persevering.
Good grief, the anaconda thing... that has got to be one of the most ridiculous pieces ..."

It’s crazy huh?

I also wonder why the aunt didn’t try to bridge the gap between the friends.

message 32: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sooo, I finally finished it (turns out the trick was only devoting a small percentage of my attention to the book while simultaneously catching up on How To Get Away With Murder)... and I agree with your assessment: It absolutely did not get any better. The whole thing was entirely too predictable and I just didn't feel any attachment to the characters or investment in their relationship. Oh well. Glad that's done.

message 33: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new) - rated it 2 stars

Denise wrote: "Sooo, I finally finished it (turns out the trick was only devoting a small percentage of my attention to the book while simultaneously catching up on How To Get Away With Murder)... and I agree wit..."

I’ve heard Book 2 wasnt a vast improvement. So I’m not continuing this series. I also don’t really plan on reading the other series I bought from Lucy Lennox. I will continue the Protectors by Sloane Kennedy. I like that one