You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > November 2017 - Theme Nominations

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah, Moderator (last edited Oct 06, 2017 06:39AM) (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments So on to sorting out November's group reads.

If you have an idea for a theme for November, go ahead and nominate it below.

Alternatively, you can second someone else's nomination instead, but that will count as your own nomination, and that theme will be entered twice in random.org - giving the theme an additional chance to make the cut.

Only 5 themes will make the cut and end up in the poll.

Nominations can be seconded multiple times by different people. If you second a nomination, please make clear that is what you are doing. E.g. If I nominate "Books whose title starts with A", you need to state "I second Books whose title starts with A".

Nominations close 7th October.

Nominations so far:
Native American theme
Canadian authors (seconded x 2)
Egyptian theme (seconded)
Short stories (seconded x 4)
Fireworks/bonfire theme
Cold theme (seconded x 2)

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments November is Native American Heritage Month so I will nominate books with a Native American theme (Native American characters, written by an author with Native American heritage etc).

message 3: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 6542 comments How about Happy Thanksgiving to Canada on 10/9? Read a book by a Canadian author.

Laura (Lclwags) (lclwags) | 517 comments November 4th is King Tut Day, so I nominate books with an Egyptian theme.

message 5: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Burger (tammyburger) | 453 comments I'll second the Egypt theme.

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Burton I second to read a book by a Canadian author

message 7: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments I'm going to nominate short stories.

message 8: by Ben (new)

Ben (basebox) | 113 comments It's bonfire night over here in the UK on the 5th November, so I'd like to nominate fireworks/bonfire as a theme.

message 9: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments I'm nominating theme for Day of the Dead - November 2. Read a book for someone you loved and is now gone that you wish to honor. Or read a book for someone you didn't know who is gone and you wish to honor.

message 10: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments Tejas Janet wrote: "I'm nominating theme for Day of the Dead - November 2. Read a book for someone you loved and is now gone that you wish to honor. Or read a book for someone you didn't know who is gone and you wish ..."

We've honoured people quite a bit recently with challenges. Plus it doesn't work for the group reads as a chosen book would not be honouring someone we love or wish to honour but who the person who nominated the book loves or honours. Anyway you can change it to make it more universal or nominate something else?

message 11: by Aahan (new)

Aahan Almeida (555maggot666) I would like to nominate "cold" as a theme. Is that okay?

message 12: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments Rhea wrote: "I would like to nominate "cold" as a theme. Is that okay?"

That's fine Rhea. I'll add it to the list.

message 13: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments Yeah, that makes sense. I'll second short stories instead.

message 14: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9770 comments Rhea wrote: "I would like to nominate "cold" as a theme. Is that okay?"

I'll second the "cold" theme.

message 15: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3110 comments I'll second (or third) a book by a Canadian author.

message 16: by Mala (new)

Mala Gundh Almeida | 2 comments I would like to second the cold theme (I'm new by the way) Hello everyone :)

message 17: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48740 comments Hi Mala! Welcome. :)

message 18: by Eliestal (new)

Eliestal | 255 comments The "Short Stories" theme has already been seconded but i'll second it again :)

message 19: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments Welcome Mala.

message 20: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17065 comments Welcome Mala!

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Welcome to the group, Mala!

message 22: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2429 comments I'm "fourthing" short stories!

message 23: by Martin (new)

Martin (MartinIris) | 3 comments cold, dangerous, light, aurora

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.