Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > October 2017

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aerykah (last edited Oct 27, 2017 07:34PM) (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Oh my goodness! It's it really October already?!
Yes, it is. And I'm so sorry I didn't get this thread up until just now. I intended to post it early because I knew I'd be busy this past week (birthdays & anniversaries...), but it completely slipped my mind. :/

GR wouldn't let me send a group message when I tried to do that last week (no idea why, but I'll try again when I get home from work) so I don't have a schedule for October. Here's last month's schedule, though... so if you're on there & you want to continue sharing devotions in October, just share them here.

Thank y'all so much!! ❤

Sunday: Michael
Monday: Rita Faye
Tuesday: C. Read
Wednesday: Tiffany
Thursday: Arnie
Friday: Saira
Saturday: ____

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, October 2

This morning, I awoke to news both good and horrible. The good:
my niece had a healthy baby girl this morning. The horrible: there was a mass shooting at a Los Vegas concert last night and many people were injured and killed.
The weekend started so happy and wonderful, my son came home from college and my daughter married a wonderful man on Saturday. There was so much happiness and so many blessings this weekend. Now, I feel cheated that the happy feeling was taken away so soon. I also feel guilty at the relief I have that a family member was in Los Vegas a few weeks ago and not this week.
I pray for the victims of the shooting, for their families and for the first responders. May they heal quickly. May they look to Jesus for the answers and comfort that they seek. May everyone respond to this tragedy with love, not criticism and malice. May we all realize how fragile and fleeting life is. May America (and the world ) come together in our similarities and stand united with and behind the victims of this and the other tragedies that have befallen us all, lately.
For the victims and their families: I don't have the words that will comfort and heal you because there are none. The only words I have that will help is: Give it all to God, hold nothing back, empty yourself of all your grief and anger. Ask God to fill you with His love, strength, forgiveness, hope and joy. This violent loss of life does not and will never make sense. You can not and should not go through this trial alone. Seek God, seek help from family, friends and professionals. If the gunman had done as much this tragedy could have been avoided. Our love and prayers are with you.
May God heal and bless you all

message 3: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Devotional for Thursday

BLESSINGS BEHIND THE PAIN OF DEATH

1 Corinthians 15: 51-58
"Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on in corruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."

Death is very painful, and sometimes it is so tragic, as the one reported about Las Vegas. No one can deny the feelings of grief and sadness, and yes, the pain when a loved one die, especially those closest to us. Even our Dear Lord and Savior Jesus Christ wept when His friend Lazaruz died.

But for those who have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, we can see a blessing behind the pain of death.
I will share three that has blessed my heart when a loved one passed away, and I can always share to those who also are grieving for their lose of a loved one:

1. The Blessing of Rest from physical labors and pain.
Ecclesiastes 9:5
"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they anymore reward: for the memory of them is forgotten."
Revelation 14:13
"And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and that their works do follow them."

We all know or in some ways experience how hard and difficult life is these days, especially in the depressed areas, and those places that are engaged in wars. Some even went crazy or disgruntled because of situations that they can not control... we cry for REST! But when we die, all these hardships will all be gone! The dead knows nothing, and feels nothing anymore. What a rest! Maybe, this is why the great Apostle Paul called death, "sleep".

2. The Comfort and Presence of the Holy Spirit, and Loved Ones
Hebrews 13: 5
"Let your conversation be without covetousness: and be content with such things as ye have: for ha hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
John 14:18
"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

In our place, when someone dies, it is time for family reunion. Everyone who knows what happened is expected to come and share the burden as much as he could. This is the time as well that friends, neighbors, and relatives share comfort and strengthens the family concerned. What a comfort!
Then the presence of the Holy Spirit is indeed felt during this time of pains!

3. The Physical Presence with Christ!
Philippians 1:23
"For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:"
2 Corinthians 5:8
" We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

Our loved ones who died ahead of us are in the most beautiful and so much better place than where we are as of now. And thebgreatest blessing they enjoy is to be at the presence of our Lord and Wonderful Savior Jesus Christ!
Indeed, blessed are those who die in the Lord!
So, even how painful death is, we can find comfort because there are blessings behind it! But it is only for those who died in the Lord...those who know the Lord Jesus Christ, and known by Him!

Thank you for reading.
Always be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 4: by HailSaira (last edited Oct 07, 2017 05:43PM) (new)

HailSaira | 95 comments Devo for Friday

We are not called to follow other Christians-- we are called to follow Jesus. Jesus is the gospel. Jesus is the truth. Jesus should be our prime example and first best friend. How shall we become like Him? Spend time with Him, praying, worshipping, studying, singing, alone as well as in fellowship. In our busy lives it can be hard for us to pause our activities to spend a quiet moment with our Savior. But when we do take time out of our day to spend with Him, we are rewarded. We are extra blessed. We are filled-- given strength to face the day. And when you pray, don't only just pray TO Jesus--
allow him to speak to you-- wait in His presence. Be still and know that He is God. And He is good. Always sovereign, always faithful, and always good.
Lord bless you. Have a peaceful weekend.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, October 9

Would you follow the advice of the richest man on earth? How about the wisest? Most people would.
The Bible contains such advice in the writings of Solomon.
The entire Bible is inspired by someone far wiser than Solomon, God, yet the world ignores His Commands and His Wisdom.
Many Christians rarely read the Bible.
The world would be a much better place if the Bible was read in every home every day.
Not so long ago, people learned how to read using the Bible. Women stitched samplers of Bible verses to hang on the walls of their homes. Businesses used the Bible as a guide book for how to operate. Today, the few businesses that operate using Biblical principles are criticized and ostracized by mainstream media and the entertainment world.
Most of the moral code of the world comes from Biblical commands and principles but few people today realize or acknowledge it.
The next time you see people that live their lives and run their businesses using Biblical principles, Thank them and pray for God's Blessings in their lives and businesses.
Go pick up your Bible and read through Proverbs. How many of today's problems would be gone if people would just live by the advice that Solomon gave his son?

Below are just a few of the Proverbs we should live by:

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make straight your paths.
7 Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
8 It will be healing to your flesh
and refreshment to your bones.

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce;
10 then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will be bursting with wine.

11 My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline
or be weary of His reproof,
12 for the LORD reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights

Proverbs 6
20 My son, keep your father’s commandment,
and forsake not your mother’s teaching.
21 Bind them on your heart always;
tie them around your neck.
22 When you walk, they will lead you;
when you lie down, they will watch over you;
and when you awake, they will talk with you.
23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light,
and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life,

Pray that the world returns to living out Biblical commandments and principles.

God Bless You All.

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter Martyres | 5 comments Thanks for sharing that's the first of the proverbs the Lord lead me, honestly my life was enlightened, joy was bubbling my heart knew no limits to live the way the life of the Lord Jesus I, its just beautiful to be in the Lord, I will join with you to pray like you suggested, be strong, let not your heart fail you.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you

message 8: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, October 9

Would you follow the advice of the richest man on earth? How about the wisest? Most people would.
The Bible contains such advice in the writings of Solomon.
The entire Bible is ..."

Thank you so much Rita Faye for sharing this Devo! Indeed, many many problems have been avoided if everyone applies the principles of Solomon's Wisdom.
Joining with you in prayers.
To God be the glory!

message 9: by Arniegamilong (new)

The 23rd PSALM

I have just read and was so much blessed by this article, I wanted to post it here but I don't know how, so, I will just type it:

"The Lord is my Shepherd - that's Relationship!
I shall not want - that's Supply!
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures - that's Rest!
He leadeth me beside the still waters - that's Refreshment!
He restoreth my soul - that's Healing!
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness - that's Guidance!
For His name sake - that's Purpose!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death - that's Testing!
I will fear no evil - that's Protection!
For Thou art with me - that's Faithfulness!
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me - that's Discipline!
Thou preparedst a table before me in the presence of mine enemies - that's Hope!
Thou annointest my head with oil - that's Consecration!
My cup runneth over - that's Abundance!
Surely goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life - that's Blessings!
And I dwell in the house of the Lord - that's Security!
Forever - that's Eternity!

Blessings!
Please be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Pastor Arnie. I had read this years ago and loved it but couldn't remember it all.

Brother and Sister in Christ - that's family!

message 11: by HailSaira (last edited Oct 13, 2017 06:53PM) (new)

HailSaira | 95 comments Devo For Friday

Although it can be very difficult sometimes God wants us to love our families. Even when they act like jerks. Sometimes we take our families for granted. When the Bible says love one another, link in John 13:-34-35, it means love everyone.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

It is so important to forgive and forgive quickly before the offense turns into something major and people become bitter.

"Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye."
-Colossians 3:13

You don't have to love the things that people do, but God does want you to show love to every person.

It's hard. Really hard especially when it seems like we don't have anyone around us showing a good example. But we don't ever have to forget that Jesus is our main example.

"We love because He first loved us."
-1 John 4:19

Real love withstands everything.

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things."
-1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is not just affection and kind gestures, (although affection and kind gestures are probably underrated). Love can hurt sometimes. Love can be in the form of discipine.

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."
-Hebrews 12:6

So, if you have to give discipline or recieve it, do it graciously. Know that when it comes from the Lord, it is done in love. And when you discipline, if you do, do it in love.

Let your life be peppered throughout with love. Recieve the love that God sends your way and pass it on to a needy world.

Lord bless you.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, October 16

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Mondays, most people groan when they talk about them. Mondays have a bad rap since they are the first day of the work week for most of us. Do you give in to the habit of groaning and bemoaning Mondays? How much better would your day (your week) be if you approached Monday mornings with a positive attitude? Rejoice in each and every day, even Mondays, especially Mondays. Each morning, this week start the day off with a positive attitude and a smile on your face and see if your week is different, better than usual. Ask God to help you have a positive attitude about your day (your week). Maybe, just maybe the positive attitude you show will have an amazing effect on someone you see and work with every day. Maybe your positive attitude will have an effect on your family and friends. Maybe it will change a life --maybe yours.
Rejoice and be glad in this day that the Lord has made!

message 13: by Arniegamilong (new)

The BIBLE
2Timothy 3:16-17
" All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God maybe perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

How I wish I can write like so many of the authors here in our Real Christian group, but the Lord did not give me the gift. But I can still praise and glorify Him because He allowed me to read and understand so much of what I am reading! To God be the glory!
And the greatest blessing He gave us His children is the Book He has Authored, the Bible! The only rightful guide in our faith and practice, and life!
My Dear Friend C has a bookmark about the Bible that explains so much the atmost importance of the Bible for all men. It is in almost every book that I read, most especially my Bible, that also came from her!
We don't need any inspiration to understand it because it is already inspired by the Lord and he promised the guidance of the greatest Teacher, the Holy Spirit if we heartily spend time with it.
Please give time to the most important BOOK of our life! as one of the great Presidents of the United States once said,
"All the good from the Savior of the world is communicated through this Book. All the things desirable to man are contained in it."
Abraham Lincoln
Also, Queen Elisabeth II wrote,
"To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the BIBLE?"

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Psalm 119:11

Blessings
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 23, 2017 11:54AM) (new)

Monday, October 23

I said a quick prayer this morning that God would give me a devotion for today, then I headed outside to release our dog for the day. It had rained last night and more rain is expected today. The autumn colors are about to peak with vibrant yellows, oranges and reds decorating the trees on the mountains around me. Fog is clinging to the treetops as the wind rustles through the leaves. The traffic sounds, that I normally hear from the road a couple of miles away, are silent. Buzzards glide on the wind, looking for dead animals to devour. The animals are quiet as though listening intently. I feel as though all of creation is listening to God speak and asking me why I didn't hear His whispered words. I suddenly feel nervous and look up to see a buzzard circling directly overhead. He is so close that I can see his eyes looking at me. He circles a minute and then flies away.
I go back inside and kneel and pray. The house is quiet except for the hum of the refrigerator and the constant ticking of the clock. Soon, I feel that my heart is beating in time to the clock. I feel that God is trying to tell me something but that I am too attached to the world to hear His message.
I start rereading what we covered in church yesterday: Genesis chapter 1 - Creation. While reading the story of creation, I feel connected to what I saw outside. I hear again the rustle of the leaves, the smell the rain on the air and see the vibrant colors all around me. I have the urge to turn to the last chapter of the Bible, Revelation 22. I start to read the chapter, the following verses soothe my soul:
3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His servants will worship Him. 4 They will see His Face, and His Name will be on their foreheads. 5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.
7 "And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book."
14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
17 The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come." And let the one who hear say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

I know that I complained a few weeks ago about a friend that was always preaching end times and now I seem to be doing the same. All I can say is that I don't presume to know when Jesus is returning. I am not trying to force anyone into accepting Jesus by proclaiming that Jesus is coming today. If someone isn't ready to accept Jesus, those proclamations won't compel them to change. I am speaking about the Words of blessings and promises of Heaven. I am speaking to those who have already accepted the invitation.
I still hear the ticking of the clock. I will continue to pray for the unsaved, but the words of doom do not bother me today. I have washed my robes and have the right to the tree of life. One day I will enter the gates of the city and see the face of Jesus and that comforts me.

God's Blessings on you and yours,

message 15: by Dane (new)

Dane Miller Good Morning Guys and thanks for all the great devotionals for the month of October thus far.

Aerykah, I would like to become more active in this group to contribute as well as learn. As such, I will like to be added to the devotional schedule for November. I am willing to take part every week so if the numbers to schedule are low you can slot me in weekly. My only requirement is that you schedule me on the same day each week.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dane

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Aerykah, I can continue to do devotions.

message 17: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Aerykah, I can continue to do devotions."

Thank you for letting me know, Rita. I'll keep you on the schedule then. :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, October 30

Colossians 2:6-7 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

Have you ever looked at a gnarled old tree with big roots that spread out and sink deep into the ground? It is a thing of beauty and wonder. How did that tree become so twisted and remain standing? How many storms did it survive?

Just as the tree's roots are deep in the ground, the Christian must be rooted in Christ Jesus to grow strong and weather the storms of life. How far do your roots go? Are they on the surface or do they run deep? When faced with a crisis do you run to or away from God? Are you faithful every day or just on Sundays? Examine your roots. Dig deep into the Bible and prayer and ask Jesus to grow deeper roots of faith in you.

Remember you are as close to Jesus Christ as you want to be - the Only Thing holding you back is YOU! Don't be your own worst enemy. Don't let your faith be that thing you do on Sundays. Make your faith in Jesus Christ as much a part of you as your skin. Your faith in Jesus should be more important than the air you breathe or the food you eat. The Living Water of Christ is a daily must for every Christian to grow deep strong roots. God created you, the air you breathe, the food you eat and the water you drink. Why would you think you could survive without His Light to guide you on a daily, hourly basis?

May you grow such deep roots of faith that nothing or no one can separate you from God.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

message 19: by C. (last edited Oct 31, 2017 10:21PM) (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments The Days are Evil...

Devotional for Tuesday ~ 31 October 2017 / 12 Cheshvan 5778
Yitzhak Rabin Memorial Day

As I think about the memorable events that took place on this day in History, I am quite intrigued. As you read some of the highlights of events of this day I have selected, please prayerfully consider what this time truly represents.

1517 -- Martin Luther posted the 95 Theses on the door of the Wittenberg Palace Church. The event marked the start of the Protestant Reformation in Germany.

1541-- Michelangelo Buonarroti finishes painting "The Last Judgement" in the Sistine Chapel, Vatican City

1860 --Juliette Low, the founder off the Girl Scouts, was born. [I believe Ms. Low would be horrified by what is considered acceptable by the leadership of the Boy and Girl Scouts of today.]

1876 --Great Backerganj Cyclone of 1876 ravages British India (Modern-day Bangladesh), over 200,000 killed. [This area of the world has such deadly calamities, especially considering that the Indian Ocean earthquake which occurred on 26 December 2004, followed by the tsunami, was felt in Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Singapore, Sri Lanka and the Maldives. According to the U.S. Geological Survey a total of 227,898 people died as a result of this catastrophe.]

1926 -- Magician Harry Houdini died of gangrene and peritonitis resulting from a ruptured appendix. His appendix had been damaged twelve days earlier when he had been punched in the stomach by a student unexpectedly. During a lecture Houdini had commented on the strength of his stomach muscles and their ability to withstand hard blows. [I mention this because of all those guys who think it is cool to punch each other to show how tough they are… On a more personal note, I am very thankful to my dear God for an “unspoken” prayer for my child that He answered in this regard.]

1941 -- Mount Rushmore was declared complete after 14 years of work. At the time the 60-foot busts of U.S. Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Rooseveltand Abraham Lincoln were finished. [As my husband and two boys were visiting this very solemn place five years ago, the mount was covered by clouds, but all of sudden people started running towards the monument and were shouting, "The clouds have cleared!" Just for a moment we were able to see the images of these four great men before the clouds enveloped them again. I like to think God did that just for us!]

1941 -- The U.S. Navy destroyer Reuben James was torpedoed by a German submarine near Iceland. The U.S. had not yet entered World War II. More than 100 men were killed.

1952 -- The U.S. detonated its first hydrogen bomb.

1968 -- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson ordered a halt to all U.S. bombing of North Vietnam.

1984 -- Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated near her residence by two Sikh security guards. Her son, Rajiv, was sworn in as prime minister.

1999 -- Leaders from the Roman Catholic Church and the Lutheran Church signed the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification. The event ended a centuries-old doctrinal dispute over the nature of faith and salvation. [It seems that 31 October 1999 marked the beginning of the weakening of the Protestant Reformation which began on 31 October 1517--Five Hundred years ago today! Since then more documents have been signed by religious leaders that have brought the Roman Catholic Church and Protestants back together, all of which HAS been foretold in the Holy Scriptures!]

2011 The world population reaches 7 billion inhabitants according to the United Nations.

Today, the 12th day of the Hebrew month of Cheshvan, is when "Yitzhak Rabin Memorial Day" is officially commemorated in Israel. It was on this Jewish date of 12 Cheshvan 5756 (Gregorian date 4 November 1995), that a young Jewish man named Yigal Amir, a student at Bar-Ilan University, came up to Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, as he was leaving a peace rally in Tel Aviv, and shot him in the back. The prime minister was mortally wounded and quickly taken to Ichilov Hospital, where he died. The head of Rabin's security detail, Yoram Rubin, was also wounded in the assassination.

Worth noting, on 13 September 1993, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, and Yasser Arafat joined hands, due to the persuasion of U.S. President Bill Clinton, at the Oslo I Accords signing ceremony. This momentous event was to bring “peace,” but only brought disappointment, death, and destruction.

Please carefully read this very enlightening message from the prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 28:1 “Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!

Isaiah 28:2 Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.

Isaiah 28:3 The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet:

Isaiah 28:4 And the glorious beauty, which is on the head of the fat valley, shall be a fading flower, and as the hasty fruit before the summer; which when he that looketh upon it seeth, while it is yet in his hand he eateth it up.

Isaiah 28:5 In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of His people,

Isaiah 28:6 And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.

Isaiah 28:7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

Isaiah 28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

Isaiah 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Isaiah 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Isaiah 28:14 Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

Isaiah 28:17 Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.

Isaiah 28:18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

Isaiah 28:19 From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.”

Today is also the most "hallowed" day of the enemy of God, the Devil! On this day Satan is guilty of many dastardly deeds that I know nothing about, nor do I want to know the evil that he does in secret. My greatest desire is to know and understand the truth of God’s Word, and to live it out in a way that is pleasing to my LORD. And I want to encourage others to do the same.

Finally, prayerfully consider these wonderful words from the Apostle Paul to the church at Ephesus.

Ephesians 5:1 “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;

Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Ephesians 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Ephesians 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Ephesians 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Ephesians 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Ephesians 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Ephesians 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

Ephesians 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

Ephesians 5:16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”

May God be with you my dear Christian brothers and sisters! I have missed my time with you, but I thank God He has allowed me to come back and visit with you! You all are in my prayers to the LORD, always!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 20: by C. (last edited Nov 01, 2017 12:21PM) (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Addendum to “The Days are Evil"
Posted: 1 November 2017 / 12 Cheshvan 5778

Satan is working so hard these days, but God will have the last word! "The Final Judgement” is coming, and all who claimed to be "Christians," but were not, will be exposed for who they truly served! Christ, or anti-Christ? Then all "workers of iniquity" who actually served Satan will no longer be able to hide in the Darkness, when the "True Light" utterly destroys them!

To all “Real Christians:” Prayerfully consider this montage of verses from the Holy Scriptures that paints a prophetic picture of the Holy One whom God hath sent to save our souls from sin, Satan, and eternal death...

Isaiah 9:6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

Isaiah 53:5 “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.”

Jeremiah 8:11 “For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of My people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.”

Jeremiah 8:15 “We looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of health, and behold trouble!”

Ephesians 2:14-15 “For He is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in Himself of twain one new man, so making peace;”

Isaiah 62:1 “For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.”

Ezekiel 37:26 “Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.”

Isaiah 54:10 “For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.”

Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

1 Thessalonians 5:23 “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

2 Thessalonians 2:8-9 “And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming: Even Him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,”

James 5:7 “Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until He receive the early and latter rain.”

1 Corinthians 14:33 “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.”

2 Corinthians 13:11 “Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.”

Hebrews 13:20-21 “Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to Whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”

Romans 16:20 “And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.”

Revelation 22:20 "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus."

message 21: by Arniegamilong (new)

JESUS

Philippians 2:9-11
"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

We know the song...

Oh! How I love Jesus!
Oh! How I love Jesus!
Oh! How I love Jesus!
Because He first loved me...

I just a read poem, "The woman at the Well" by Dale Evans Rogers:

There was a woman at the well, one day
Near a city in Samaria, in a land far away.
There she meet a Stranger, Who changed her life that day,
For He gave her living water: from the Truth, the Life, the Way!
She left her waterpot, there by the well,
Ran into the city - for she must tell
That she met the Messiah at the well!

Jesus Changed her life! He changed mine too! And I believe, yours too my Dear Real Christians family! And all those who will have ears to hear and eyes to see our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Whom we love and serve and worship! To God be the glory!

"Lord Jesus, Savior and Lord, I worship and praise you! Your sacrifice for me overwhelms my heart when I think of all you suffered.
But, Lord, in spite of the unworthiness of my life, You love me. How I want others to know the love You are waiting to give them too" Amen.

Blessings!
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 22: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments C. wrote: "Addendum to “The Days are Evil"

Satan is working so hard these days, but God will have the last word! "The Final Judgement” is coming, and all who claime..."

Thank you so much my Dear Friend C for this very timely reminder,comfort and encouragement! The world is getting so much farther from the Lord and His Word, but thanks be to God for His faithful servants like you who keep reminding us with our relationship with Him through these events, and through these wonderful passages of Scripture! Thank you so much and blessings to you and your family! Praying for you too very constantly!

message 23: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, October 30

Colossians 2:6-7 Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in..."

Thank you so much for this Devotional Rita Faye! This is always my prayers that my Roots grow deeper everyday, and this one you shared is a good spiritual "fertilizer". Blessings to you!

message 24: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 3571 comments Here's the link to the November Devotionals thread-- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Thank you all so much for sharing!! :)

message 25: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Rita Faye wrote: "Monday, October 23

I said a quick prayer this morning that God would give me a devotion for today, then I headed outside to release our dog for the day. It had rained last night and more rain is e..."

Even so, Come Lord Jesus! We are prepared and excited for your coming again!
Thank you Rita Faye!

message 26: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 199 comments Dane wrote: "Good Morning Guys and thanks for all the great devotionals for the month of October thus far.

Aerykah, I would like to become more active in this group to contribute as well as learn. As such, I ..."

You are welcome Dane!!!
I am so looking forward to hearing from you too...
Blessings!

message 27: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 301 comments Arniegamilong wrote: "C. wrote: "Addendum to “The Days are Evil"

Satan is working so hard these days, but God will have the last word! "The Final Judgement” is coming, and all..."

2 November 2017

Hi Pastor Arnie,

I am happy to be back visiting with you! You all have been in my prayers! And I thank you for yours! I will write you soon...

Take care my dear brother! And may God be with this Real Christian Community of believers!

With the love of Christ,
C.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.