CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2017 Weekly Threads > Week 40- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 695 comments Mod
September 24th - September 30th was Banned Books Week! The Harry Potter series was the top banned/challenged book for the years 2000-2009.

Co-authoring is becoming more popular with best-selling authors. It went from 2% in 1994 to what percent in 2014? Take a guess here.

Happy October! We are now in the final run until the end of the year. How is everyone doing with the challenge? Are you behind? Ahead? Right where you want to be? I'm behind but I have a plan to do a lot of reading this month (until I get distracted by tv shows, but I can dream). October challenges should be up by the end of the week!

What is everyone reading this week? I'm working on my reread of Pride and Prejudice as well as A Crown of Wishes. I love this book. The descriptions are gorgeous and the two main characters are beautifully snarky. I also got addicted to an anime this weekend and I'm now reading the manga series- Ouran High School Host Club. After years of resisting (I only read graphic novels!!), I have caved. Lol.

Have you ever done that? Resisted a genre and then accidentally got sucked into something and now you're hooked?

Have a great week, everyone!

A Crown of Wishes (The Star-Touched Queen, #2) by Roshani Chokshi Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) by Bisco Hatori

message 2: by Jasmine (last edited Oct 02, 2017 08:35AM) (new)

Jasmine Holloman | 11 comments I'm reading the Black Panther series. I didn't enjoy the first book as much as I thought I would. I'm hoping the second book is better. Nevertheless, the artwork in the book is BEAUTIFUL.
Black Panther #1 by Ta-Nehisi Coates

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 443 comments I finished Death by Coffee by Alex Erickson, This Old Homicide by Kate Carlisle, and The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien (I am still working on Wired to Create by Scott Barry Kaufman and Carolyn Gregoire). I have also recently read: Drama by Raina Telgemeier, This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki & Mariko Tamaki, Murder in the Bowery by Victoria Thompson, and Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes.I am currently reading My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira. Next up is Secrets in Death by J.D. Robb, Looking for Alaska by John Green, Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown, and most likely finishing The Lord of the Rings. :)
Death by Coffee by Alex Erickson This Old Homicide (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #2) by Kate Carlisle The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien Wired to Create Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind by Scott Barry Kaufman
Drama by Raina Telgemeier This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki Murder in the Bowery (Gaslight Mystery, #20) by Victoria Thompson Olive's Ocean by Kevin Henkes
My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira
Secrets in Death (In Death, #45) by J.D. Robb Looking for Alaska by John Green Braving the Wilderness The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brené Brown The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien