Book club with emmasbooksandbubbles discussion

Pages 1 - 32

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Rund (emmasrund) | 7 comments Mod
Hi eveybody! I am so excited (and also a little scared) to be starting this book club! For the first week we will be reading pages 1 - 32 (up until section 2. You'll know it when you see it). I would love for you all to think about the way Shakespeare is being used in this first section, but of course I am more than willing to talk about anything that comes to your minds! Comment any thoughts on these first pages as a part of this thread! (I've never done this before so bear with me). Happy reading!

Mindy'sBookJourney (mindysbookjourney) The book had me instantly hooked. I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. I have not read King Lear either, but it is not keeping me from enjoying the story.

message 3: by Leni (new)

Leni | 1 comments I was kind of reading something that I really didn‘t enjoy when I started Station Eleven, and it absolutely picked me up and got me out of a reading slump! It was really hard to put the book down and stop reading, as I find it to be very intriguing! I love a bit of fore-shadowing and I particularly enjoyed it in this first bit!
I also haven‘t read King Lear yet, do you guys think it is necessary to understand the book better?
It is definitely a great first pick for the book club!

message 4: by Emma (new)

Alannah wrote: "I'm intrigued. Just read the first 32. I'm glad its fast moving. Sometimes the end of the world takes too long. I love Shakespeare so I'm all in. Does King Lear play deeply into the rest of the boo..."

I don't think you have to read King Lear to enjoy the book, but it might enhance your experience!

message 5: by Emma (new)

Mindy'sBookJourney wrote: "The book had me instantly hooked. I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. I have not read King Lear either, but it is not keeping me from enjoying the story."

Yay I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I don't think you have to read King Lear to enjoy the book, but it will add to your reading experience, I'm sure.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (bookeudaimonia) | 3 comments I enjoyed the first 32 pages so much! It was so hard to put the book down but I managed to. I think it's interesting how much Shakespeare's King Lear play factors into this book. I've never actually read King Lear so I think I might have to pick it up to see if there are any more connections between it and Station Eleven.