Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 1139 comments Mod
Please discuss here.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 418 comments Elizabeth has been one busy tweeter today:

http://twitter.com/elizwoodville

But I do hope she simply misspoke (mis-tweeted?) when she called Warwick the Kingmaker "John Neville," and that the error didn't make it into the novel. Richard Neville was the Kingmaker, John was his younger brother. And Edward IV wasn't 19 when he and Elizabeth married, he was 22. Like Anthony's fireplace remark, though.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

You got enough BP meds to get through this? :o

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 418 comments I might need them.

If she has Buckingham's wife being twice Buckingham's age, I may need an angioplasty.

message 5: by Tanzanite (last edited Aug 11, 2009 07:43PM) (new)

Tanzanite | 36 comments Susan wrote: "I might need them.

If she has Buckingham's wife being twice Buckingham's age, I may need an angioplasty."

I actually remember this part - she says that Buckingham was young (can't remember the exact age she gave), but she doesn't mention her sisters age.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 418 comments Thank you! I can skip my medication. Does she call the Kingmaker John or Richard?

message 7: by Tanzanite (new)

Tanzanite | 36 comments In the book she says that Edward was 19 when Warrick made him king.

I found the part where she mentions Buckingham's age - "not yet ten years old"

For most of the first 100 or so pages Elizabeth refers to Warwick simply as "Warwick" or "Lord Warwick". However, after the deaths of her father and brother she does mention his full name - Richard Neville.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 418 comments Good, she's got it right in the book! (Even Buckingham's age.) Boswell feels much better.

message 9: by Tanzanite (new)

Tanzanite | 36 comments That's good - we wouldn't want him to lose any sleep over it!

message 10: by Misfit (new)

Ok,maybe it's just me but what's with this looooong letter her brother writes back to her recounting Edward's scene over his marriage with Warwick? And would they really have put in writing about Jacquetta and her magic?

message 11: by Susan (last edited Aug 22, 2009 12:24PM) (new)

Susan (boswellbaxter) | 418 comments Wait until you get to some of the letters at the end! (I did skim ahead.) Either they were a really trusting lot here as depicted by Gregory, or just very stupid as to what they would risk putting in writing.

message 12: by Misfit (new)

Great....

The first person narrative can be just a tad bit limiting at times, and I despise it when the author then has to resort to things like long letters to fill in where the main character can't be.

message 13: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 17 comments Misfit,
I totally agree about the 1st person narrative - it made me nuts at the beginning.
Some POV shifts would have been helpful.

message 14: by Marie Z (new)

Marie Z Johansen (mzjohansen) | 12 comments Misfit wrote: "Please discuss here. "

One thing I can say about the Twitter site is that there is serious webmaster type of talent behind that gorgeous presentation. It's actually an interesting way of presenting the book. I would consider upgrading my phone if this sort of thing is happening on twitter!