CityReads discussion

OWNtober

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlee reads) (kimberlee_reads) | 21 comments Mod
What books do you own that have been in your TBR (to be read) pile forever? I personally have a ton (both here and in NY) that have been sitting on my shelf for ages waiting to be read. This month, let's try to tackle some of those!

Post here with which books you OWN and will be tackling this month.

message 2: by Georgia (new)

Georgia :-) | 11 comments well, I just finished The Outsiders, a book that has been on my shelf for AGES! and, truth be told, I really enjoyed it. I'm really happy I finally picked it up. Next, I guess, is... Jane Eyre??

message 3: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Newman | 14 comments One book that has been on my shelf FOREVER is Chains by Lois Lowry. I have probably had it for... 5 years? I have started it twice but never got into it. I am going to try to tackle that as one of my Historical Fiction books. Also, I own the Book Thief and will try to read that.

message 4: by Shani (new)

Shani | 10 comments I have a really big pile of books that I have wanted to read, but one that stands out the most is "The Sun is Also a Star" by Nicola Yoon. I want to say I have wanted to read this for a year now, but I am planning to read it for the forty book challenge.

Mr. Hat / Hayden (MisterHat) | 15 comments I just started "The Universal History of Computing" which had been sitting on my nightstand since the Christmas of 2015 when my grandfather gave it to me

message 6: by Macy (new)

Macy | 23 comments To be honest, most of the historical fiction and nonfiction books I get as presents have been on my to read shelf for forever.(I have a feeling that these books will never get read...) Other than that I have been in the middle of rereading "Carve the Mark" by Veronica Roth(author of the Divergent series) for months. This book is really good though it is really long and very slow to start. I started rereading it in July and have not gotten anywhere close to finishing it so far. Hopefully I will finally be able to finish it by the end of October.