CityReads discussion

#FrightFall—October

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlee reads) (kimberlee_reads) | 21 comments Mod
The #FrightFall read-a-thon challenges you to read ONE scary book this month in the spirit of Halloween! What will you read?? What scary book recommendations do you have for others?

I personally LOVE scary books AND movies. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark scared the ish out of me when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. Didn't sleep for DAYS.

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

message 2: by dalila (new)

dalila | 14 comments I personally found Ms. Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children to be a pretty scary book. I also started the second book of the series, Hollow City but stopped reading it because I got too scared. In these books, the pictures were what freaked me out the most. When I read, I read alone on my bed in almost complete darkness, (except for the light that lets me see the pages) and I always had to peek at the pictures little by little until I stared at them to enough to not be scared. Very creepy though! ;)

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara | 19 comments I have wanted to read It by Stephen King but when ever I have started it, I have had to put the book down because it has gotten to creepy. I agree with Dalila with Ms. Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children because it was a great book but also quite creepy.

message 4: by Mia (new)

Mia | 17 comments I have not read Ms.Peregrines home for peculiar children but it sounds interesting so I may read it during this challenge.

Mr. Hat / Hayden (MisterHat) | 15 comments I read "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" when I was in 3rd grade and since the only horror books that I've read were from the "Escape from Furnace" book series and those were great but extremely horrifying and creepy. Imagine that they took all of the DOOM video games, made them ten times gorier, set them in a prison, and then shoved them into a book.

message 6: by Macy (new)

Macy | 23 comments There are a few scary books that I will try to read this month. I absolutely love Agatha Christie murder mysteries and I will definitely be rereading at least one of her books. The best scary books series in my opinion is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It is kind of creepy but it is so good. It is a trilogy but there is also a side book called Tales of the Peculiar which is literally one of the best books of short stories ever. I really recommend you read this series and be warned it is pretty much nothing like the movie.

message 7: by Miles (new)

Miles Griffin | 2 comments When I was in 5th grade I read a book called Terrifying Tales. It is basically a bunch of different real people telling different scary stories. I remember that a couple of them really scared me, to the point of 2-3 nightmares. Now that I'm older, when read I just laugh at how easily I was scared back then. I haven't read it in a while, so I think I'll re-read that one.