Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)
This topic is about The Bone Witch
ARCHIVES > October: The Bone Witch

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Here is our October Battle of the book discussion thread!

Jump in and discuss the book as you read along (or chat with others if you've already read it)

** Be sure to use spoilers tags so any new readers can enjoy the book!
(Spoiler Tag guidance and help is explained here)

The Voting thread is still in another spot so, if you read both, don't forget to vote!

Kikijanika | 2981 comments I've got this one as an ebook so I think I'll try to read it this month.

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Fingers crossed you get to it and love it!! :)

message 4: by Kikijanika (last edited Oct 31, 2017 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kikijanika | 2981 comments I still have 20% to go but so far I've found this interesting. Not so much has really happened but it doesn't matter. The story seems to concentrate quite much on (view spoiler)

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Kikijanika wrote: "I still have 20% to go but so far I've found this interesting. Not so much has really happened but it doesn't matter. The story seems to concentrate quite much on [spoilers removed]"

I agree(view spoiler)

are you liking it??

Kikijanika | 2981 comments Yes. I actually like it. However, a part of me is waiting for "the big things" to start happening.

Farren (mmmcookies) | 859 comments I don't remember reading any reviews that mentioned how similar this was to Memoirs of a Geisha which is strange because I couldn't stop comparing the two the whole time!
I liked the beginning of the book but then it just got really boring, and I felt like I couldn't keep up with the writing and world building. She was using all this strange terminology but didn't explain what any of it meant, and kept mentioning characters and locations that honestly weren't very relevant. Maybe because it read like high fantasy and I prefer paranormal/urban fantasy any day?
I ended up switching to audio just to finish the book by the end of the month and it actually enjoyed it even less. I wish I had just DNF'd it honestly, but I was looking forward to this one for almost a year before it even released and wanted to give it a fair chance.
Also, did you guys think her name was "Tee" instead of "Tia" or am I the only idiot? lol

Kikijanika | 2981 comments I agree this was very similar to Memoirs of a geisha, in a way. It wasn't exactly what I thought it would be but I still found it interesting enough. I did get the name right but I admit it did cross my mind it could be also "Tee" 😁 I'm glad you finished it even if you didn't like it. I always feel like I must finish all the books I start because, who knows, they might get better in the end.