Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Daughter of the Burning City
This topic is about Daughter of the Burning City
ARCHIVES > October: Daughter of the Burning City

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Oct 01, 2017 04:53PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Here is our October Battle of the book discussion thread!

Jump in and discuss the book as you read along (or chat with others if you've already read it)

** Be sure to use spoilers tags so any new readers can enjoy the book!
(Spoiler Tag guidance and help is explained here)

The Voting thread is still in another spot so, if you read both, don't forget to vote!

Kikijanika | 2938 comments I'm about to start this tomorrow. I hope it's good because I love the cover ☺

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments oooh! I can't wait to see what you think!! How is it going?

message 4: by Kikijanika (last edited Oct 19, 2017 10:48AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kikijanika | 2938 comments I just finished this.

This was ok. I wasn't thrilled but I wasn't bored either. I just couldn't really connect with the characters. I did not really care what happens to them, especially to the illusions. However, I liked Gomorrah in general. A city that's also a travelling festival, how cool is that! And I love the cover.

Some of the praise in the beginning of the book said that there'd be almost a horror aspect in this book. I didn't find this scary though, so that was dissapointing. But it was a bit creepy that(view spoiler)

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Kikijanika wrote: "I just finished this. ..."

Yay! I'm so excited you were able to read it! sorry you didn't love it!

but the traveling festival DOES sound like an interesting idea!! I'm still hoping to fit this one in this month! thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Kikijanika | 2938 comments Yay! I hope you get to it!

Farren (mmmcookies) | 859 comments I thought I'd love this one but I'm wavering between 3 and 3.5 stars. I spent a lot of time wanting more characters to die so it would pick up a little lol I'm kind of bummed because I looked forward to this book for a long time.

Kikijanika | 2938 comments I kind of feel the same way Farren. I expected more of this.