Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Divine Evil
This topic is about Divine Evil
Book Discussions > Divine Evil - October 2017 Book of the Month

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sheery (wwwgoodreadscomprofilesheery) | 673 comments Mod
A decade ago, sculptor Clare Kimball fled Emmitsboro, Maryland, to take the art world by storm. Now she’s celebrated as the artist of her generation. But no amount of success can eclipse the nightmares that haunt her—or the memories of her father’s suicide. Just as her star is shining brighter than ever, Clare leaves it all behind to face her demons.

Emmitsboro sheriff Cameron Rafferty loved Clare from afar all through high school. Now that she’s back, they form a bond that grows stronger each day—fueled by an attraction that’s been simmering for years. But Clare’s past soon rises up with a vengeance, rocking the town with a sinister murder that is clearly linked to her return. As an investigation gets under way, Clare and Cameron will learn that evil can linger anywhere—even in those you love and trust the most. But it’s a discovery that may come too late to save them.

I haven't read this one. It sounds fantastic and appropriately creepy for an October read. I'm looking forward to reading it and discussing it with all of you. I'll be starting it later this evening or tomorrow.

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 566 comments Reread for me love it

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5722 comments Mod
I haven’t read this one either!

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 566 comments Just finished. Founder it fun how old tech was in this book a typewritten now in 20 years we change soon much and smoking!!! You have fun read it

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1227 comments Is there a reason the poll results don't show? I'm interested to see what the results were.

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12 comments It's so good! It's a bit different from your usual NR book. I really enjoyed it.

Anita wrote: "Is there a reason the poll results don't show? I'm interested to see what the results were."

They do show but it wasn’t at the top. I changed it so you can now see it first.

Barbara "Cookie" wrote: "Just finished. Founder it fun how old tech was in this book a typewritten now in 20 years we change soon much and smoking!!! You have fun read it"

I’m waiting for the library audiobook.

message 10: by La (new) - rated it 5 stars

La (mcfiddlestan) | 1 comments This is the very first Nora Roberts book I ever read. I was about 13 at the time and I’d found it in a box of books that belonged to my sister. I loved it! Especially the surprise ending. I write some fictional romance myself and this is the standard I hold myself to. Nora is an inspiration for me. Her storytelling is impeccable. I still to this day, over 20yrs later, cite Divine Evil as my favorite book of all time. I reread it every year. I’ve done my reread already this year but I’m glad others will be enjoying it this month.

Nikki ♥ | 283 comments I just started my reread of this. I read it a few years ago and really liked it. I remember it being a little creepy.

I'm nearly halfway through the book and really enjoying it so far.

Now that it's the 15th this thread will contain spoilers.

How is everyone liking the book? Overall I liked it though it was rather creepy in parts. I didn't love the ending, though. It was wrapped up and everything was explained but I didn't like that it ended with Min rather than Clare and Cameron.

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 566 comments I thought the end left and opening for a second book. It was like a cliffhanger

Stephanie | 12 comments I agree Cookie but it’s been a few years and I think it’s too late for a sequel. I loved this book because it was so dark but it resolved in the end. It is scary how people get sucked in to groups like this. I bet it happens more than we want to believe. What I love most about Nora is how she can delve into these dark dark things and still have you feeling good at the end.

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 566 comments The SQL would be scarier than the first because NR has gotten better over the years.

Vicki (vickiguardianofthewraiths) I just finished Divine Evil by Nora Roberts I loved it. I think I like her edgier books the best but I haven't read a book by her that I haven't loved

I liked the book, too. I was just surprised by the ending. I also thought it sounded like it was being left open for a sequel but obviously that wasn't the case since this one was written in the '90's.

I’m listening to this now.

I finished this today. What a creepy story! Even though I’d guessed most of the participants, it still was mysterious and suspenseful. That little twist at the end, however, caught me off guard:)

Were there any redeemable characters in that town?

Didn't the twist at the end seem like it was open for a sequel, Jonetta? As for redeemable characters in town - there were a few but not many.

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12 comments Sheery wrote: "Didn't the twist at the end seem like it was open for a sequel, Jonetta? As for redeemable characters in town - there were a few but not many."

It didn't seem like an opening for a sequel. I just saw it as an open ended story, a story that the evil one gets away and would continue their evil work. You just know that she's going to continue but you don't need to know the details!

That’s how I saw it, ShoSho. I thought there was a message there. Evil doesn’t have to look like someone awful. Everyone saw her as an inconsequential, superficial gossip. No one would have suspected what lay beneath.