Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

The Whitstable Pearl Mystery
This topic is about The Whitstable Pearl Mystery
Book Club Selection > Spoiler Discussion (Oct 2017) Group Read - The Whitstable Pearl Mystery by Julie Wassmer

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Gooch | 3977 comments Mod
****** THIS THREAD MAY GIVE INFORMATION AWAY IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED THE BOOK ******

This is a spoiler thread for the October Group Read, The Whitstable Pearl Mystery by Julie Wassmer
Post in here if you wish to comment on the book and discuss details that may spoil or give away important or pertinent details for those who haven't read or finished the book yet.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 556 comments I found this a light read - almost a cozy but I did enjoy it and didn't figure out the killer until the end. It didn't grab me right away but I felt that it got better as the book went along. I did think that Pearl's background story seemed a little odd- she opened a restaurant when she was a single mother rather than staying on with the police force, but that is pretty typical of most cozy mysteries. Usually the sleuth is a small business proprietor of some kind.

I did like the setting and felt the book had a good sense of place, which I always enjoy.