What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Every Breath You Take  (Second Opportunities #4)
This topic is about Every Breath You Take
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary romance. Heroine's young child is kidnapped, must accept help of hero who can pay the ransom. He didn't know he's the father. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vins (last edited Oct 01, 2017 01:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vins | 5 comments Hi ,
Genre- Contemporary
Plot line (what i remember of) - The h has a song/daughter(age-8 yrs or younger) who gets kidnapped. The h has to take the help of the Hero to save the child since he is rich and can pay the ransom . The Hero does not know that the child is his.And now the h has to tell him about that.
I remember reading this book approx 10yrs back. It was at a time when i was going through a fan phase of reading julie garwood , judith macnaught.

Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Vins, around what year did you read this book? I find "many years" can mean 2, 5, 10, 20+ years in this large group.

Please add plot details and genre to your topic header using the edit link on the desktop (not mobile) website. Someone is more likely to recognize your book. Just ask if you'd like help with this.

Vins | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Vins, around what year did you read this book? I find "many years" can mean 2, 5, 10, 20+ years in this large group.

Please add plot details and genre to your topic header using the edit link on t..."

So i tried editing my post on desktop. I don't see a way to add the title to it anymore.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Oct 01, 2017 01:42PM) (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
I clicked the small "edit" link beside the topic header. (This link doesn't appear on the mobile site/app.) Feel free to update the header.

Does the hero learn early in the story that he's the father - or is this a spoiler?

Vins | 5 comments Nope, the hero comes to know he has a kid when the h calls him telling him their kid is kidnapped.

Terri | 313 comments Does she originally meet the father on vacation? They have a fling, and she doesn't know he is wealthy, the vacation ends, can't remember why the relationship does as well. Then years later, she contacts him and tells him he is the father only because of the kidnapping? If you agree with this, then I believe it is Judith McNaught. I will check my book shelf at home.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1064 comments Night Moves by Sandra Canfield? It's been a long time since I read it. I believe the daughter was under 10. I may be wrong, but I think that the kidnapper was either a family member or a family friend.

message 8: by Juels (last edited Oct 02, 2017 01:14PM) (new)

Juels | 2399 comments Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught?

As I've mentioned on other threads, the book description is misleading. She meets H on vacation. She is grieving her father's recent death. Boyfriend was supposed to be there but doesn't make it. H and h hook up. Misunderstandings... She fails to meet him, he waits. She returns to her life pregnant, doesn't tell him. Runs her family restaurant. He returns to deal with suspicions regarding his brother's disappearance. A couple years later their son is kidnapped, h contacts H for help. He didn't know about the child until then.

Vins | 5 comments Terri wrote: "Does she originally meet the father on vacation? They have a fling, and she doesn't know he is wealthy, the vacation ends, can't remember why the relationship does as well. Then years later, she co..."

Thank you. It is this book.I agree the book description is very misleading. I went through all judith mcnaught book descriptions .
Thank You so much.

message 10: by Vins (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vins | 5 comments Amber (Daisymau) wrote: "Night Moves by Sandra Canfield? It's been a long time since I read it. I believe the daughter was under 10. I may be wrong, but I think that the kidnapper was either a family member ..."

Thanks. But its Judith Mcnaught's book "Every breath you take"

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Every Breath You Take (other topics)
Night Moves (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Judith McNaught (other topics)