Books and Jams Readalong discussion

The Kitchen House
This topic is about The Kitchen House

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
Are you reading The Kitchen House with us in October? Say hello here and greet some other readers! I know this book isn't technically about cooking, but just for fun (and because the title has the word "Kitchen" in it) share your favorite thing to make in the kitchen. Are you more of a cook or a baker? Do you enjoy spending time in the kitchen?

message 2: by Scarlett (new) - added it

Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance | 12 comments Hi Krista and fellow readers :)
I have the book at hand and I am planning on reading it. I have 4 book club reads this month, and I have not set an order to those books yet.
So, I am definitely more the baker in the kitchen. Of course I cook too, but it is often a family affair. We cook together, set the table etc., share the cleanup in the evenings. My favorite meal to make is breakfast. Maybe because some baking or sweetness is involved? Especially now in the fall time. From pumpkin protein waffles, to cinnamon french toast casseroles or crepes, energy nut slices....all kinds of stuff. YUM. How about you?

message 3: by Debbi (last edited Oct 02, 2017 07:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debbi Faust | 164 comments Good Morning, everyone! I have The Kitchen House on Hold at the library. I should be picking it up in a day or two. I am excited to read this book because it been on my TBR list for a long, long time.

I raised four kids and used to spend a lot of time cooking and baking.
Now, it's just my husband and myself and I don't like cooking for two people. I have been told I am a good cook and I do think I am. :-)

Debbi Faust | 164 comments Krista wrote: "Are you reading The Kitchen House with us in October? Say hello here and greet some other readers! I know this book isn't technically about cooking, but just for fun (and because the title has the ..."

Now, Krista, it is your turn to tell us if you like to bake or cook. Do you enjoy spending time in the kitchen?

Debbi wrote: "Krista wrote: "Are you reading The Kitchen House with us in October? Say hello here and greet some other readers! I know this book isn't technically about cooking, but just for fun (and because the..."

Haha! I did forget to answer my own question. I guess I'd rather cook than bake, but really only for other people. I don't LOVE to be in the kitchen just for myself, but when I know I have others coming over or that I'm sending some food to someone I do enjoy that time. I have a few dishes I make all the time though. I'm not super creative or inventive in the kitchen at all.

Debbi Faust | 164 comments Krista wrote: "Debbi wrote: "Krista wrote: "Are you reading The Kitchen House with us in October? Say hello here and greet some other readers! I know this book isn't technically about cooking, but just for fun (a..."

I don't think I would like cooking for just myself at all. I don't like to cook for two. I figure if I have to be in the kitchen I want to make it worth while and cook for several people.

Sharon Forbes (sharonaforbes) | 26 comments Hi Krista and everyone else! I am planning on reading The Kitchen House with you this month. When I do cook, I like to make things like my tuna pasta salad, chili, spaghetti, etc. I don't cook too much anymore though, as my diet has changed due to health issues.

Scarlett wrote: "Hi Krista and fellow readers :)
I have the book at hand and I am planning on reading it. I have 4 book club reads this month, and I have not set an order to those books yet.
So, I am definitely mo..."

French toast casserole sounds AMAZING!! Yummo!

Alicia (PrettyBrownEyeReader) (prettybrowneyereader) Hi all! I will be reading along this month. I picked The Kitchen House up on a recent thrift store shopping spree. I am neither a cook or baker. I am an eater. I will try what others coming up with on the kitchen.

Debbi Faust | 164 comments Alicia (PrettyBrownEyeReader) wrote: "Hi all! I will be reading along this month. I picked The Kitchen House up on a recent thrift store shopping spree. I am neither a cook or baker. I am an eater. I will try what others coming up with..."

Hahahaha! Alicia, that was the best answer yet.

message 11: by Becky (last edited Oct 03, 2017 05:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Becky I'll be starting Kitchen House tonight. I'm more of a baker then a cook. I don't really enjoy spending time in the kitchen, but I do enjoy baking every so often, especially around the holidays.

message 12: by Beth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beth | 6 comments Hi all! I’ve started the book and I am enjoying it. I’m more of a baker (my husband and older son are the cooks in the house) and love do special decorating on baked goods - for birthdays and events at the kids’ schools. Looking forward to discussing this month’s book.

April (Getting Hygge With It) (goodreadscomapriloverall) | 5 comments Hi guys! I'm reading The Kitchen House this month with everyone! I'm actually listening to it on audio and LOVING IT. How they found someone who can do all the accents is beyond me. Hooray!

Amber Eats Books (ambereatsbooks) | 12 comments Hi Everyone! I’m excited to be joining in again this month. I started it yesterday and am loving it so far!

I’m a cook/baker though cooking comes slightly easier to me. Some of my favorite things to make are stuffed shells, thanksgiving dinner, blueberry French toast casserole with blueberry syrup and old fashion chocolate chip cookies.

message 15: by Cassie (new) - added it

Cassie | 37 comments Debbi wrote: "Alicia (PrettyBrownEyeReader) wrote: "Hi all! I will be reading along this month. I picked The Kitchen House up on a recent thrift store shopping spree. I am neither a cook or baker. I am an eater...."

I agree...and would say that I love eating more than cooking. My favorite things to cook are easy things (leftovers!) Or soups, quesadillas, a casserole.

Im starting....now!

April (Getting Hygge With It) wrote: "Hi guys! I'm reading The Kitchen House this month with everyone! I'm actually listening to it on audio and LOVING IT. How they found someone who can do all the accents is beyond me. Hooray!"

I bet the audio is so good! I'm loving the book, but can imagine what hearing it would add to the experience! Hope you're enjoying it. Glad you're reading with us, April!

Amber wrote: "Hi Everyone! I’m excited to be joining in again this month. I started it yesterday and am loving it so far!

I’m a cook/baker though cooking comes slightly easier to me. Some of my favorite things..."

Amber, those dishes sound so so good! Glad you're reading Kitchen House wth us this month!

Beth wrote: "Hi all! I’ve started the book and I am enjoying it. I’m more of a baker (my husband and older son are the cooks in the house) and love do special decorating on baked goods - for birthdays and event..."

Hi Beth! Glad you're here. What a blessing to have a hubby AND SON!! who love to cook! I'm always impressed with my creative cake decorating friends. I'll just stick to the eating of their creations! haha.

Becky wrote: "I'll be starting Kitchen House tonight. I'm more of a baker then a cook. I don't really enjoy spending time in the kitchen, but I do enjoy baking every so often, especially around the holidays."

Hi Becky, Glad you're here! I am with you. I don't mind being in the kitchen now and then, but don't love it.

Diane | 22 comments Hi! I am jumping in late this month, but I did start the book a couple of days ago and hope to finish it sometime this week.

I think I like both cooking and baking. I was definitely more of a baker when I was younger but have really come to appreciate the cooking side of things as well in the last few years.

Wendy (wmaresca) HI I know I am a month behind but started the book this morning and look forward to putting my two cents in as I read it. I am actually neither a cook or a baker but love cook books. I do attempt to try new things every once in awhile, but my husband is the cook in the family.

Wendy wrote: "HI I know I am a month behind but started the book this morning and look forward to putting my two cents in as I read it. I am actually neither a cook or a baker but love cook books. I do attempt t..."

I'm just like you! I wouldn't consider myself a cook or a baker, but I also love a good cookbook...especially if it has pictures!