2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2017 > Danielle's 35 Books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 17 comments So since I'm really behind I figured I'd write out about the 19 books I've read so far so that I can hopefully finish the other 16 books.

So far I've read:
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicles #2) by Patrick Rothfuss
Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
Poison by Bridget Zinn
The Crimson Campaign (Powder Mage Trilogy #2) by Brian McClellan
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Chosen by a Horse by Susan Richardson
Hereafter (Hereafter #1) by Tara Hudson
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
13 Treasures (Thirteen Treasure #1) by Michelle Harrison
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Paulina & Fran by Rachel B. Glasger
Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns #1) by Kendare Blake
Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights by Salman Rushdie
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I'm currently reading
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt which I'm not sure how I feel about. I was listening to it as an audiobook but I'm only a few chapters in and I'm very confused. I might drop it but a family member recommended it to me.
The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien which I love so far for the Middle Earth lore but it is a very slow read in my opinion but I know I can power through it!
And Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea which I'm really enjoying so far!

I'll keep going with my goal so far and I'll try to keep updating!

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 17 comments Hey again everyone! Just wanted to update what's going on with my reading challenge. I haven't been keeping up very well with this but I've still been reading plenty.

I've added these books to my finished list:
Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard
One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns #2) by Kendare Blake

I'm currently reading
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (still). I'm not really enjoying it. I might drop it actually.
The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien which I'm still loving and still working through very slowly.
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea which I've read a good few chapters further in.
And Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi which I love so far. It's very whimsical and very Alice in Wonderland-esque.

Until next time!

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 17 comments Oh gosh. It's been so long since I last updated and I'm almost positive that I'm not going to finish my reading challenge this year :(

But I did finish:
Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
And The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials #1) by Phillip Pullman

I'm reading:
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (still still). I feel like the story is picking up finally and I'm not going to drop it but it's not as quick and focused as the stories I prefer.
The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien. I'm setting this book to the side until I chill out and am in a place where I can force myself to sit down and get through it.
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. Still enjoying. Still slow.
And Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness #1) by Tamora Pierce. I'm so glad a friend suggested this book to me because it's the perfect easy fantasy book that I need right now.

Until next time!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Grønsund (gullita) | 3273 comments I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to read all the books you wanted this year, but did you atleast enjoy the ones you've read? That's what's important afterall! And 2018 will be a new year and hopefully you'll have a better reading year :)

Any favorites?