Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

The Last Wish (The Witcher, #0.5)
This topic is about The Last Wish
Group Reads > October 2017 Action Horror Group Read: The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4691 comments Mod
The Last Wish is our October group read. Dive in, read and discuss!

Magiccats | 280 comments I just finished the first 8 chapters and am really enjoying this book. Very well written with great descriptions and action that plays out like a movie in your mind.
Very glad it was nominated as a group read, as it is a book I can honestly say I would never have picked to read on my own.

message 3: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 789 comments I listened to it as an audio book & really enjoyed it. I've never played the game so didn't know the setting at all. Well done.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4691 comments Mod
I'm reading this now. I like it. It's nicely creepy with plenty of action so far. Wow, the scene with the striga was pretty scary.

This is a fun book. I love the stories and how the author integrates fairy tales and folk legends into the narrative. It has some poignant aspects with the fact that the Witcher is almost universally reviled and his art is a dying art.

What's your favorite story in the book?

I'm still reading, by the way.